Status: On hiatus indefinitely.

This Night, Walk The Dead

It's Not Such A Long Walk

We sat and the cool couch, staring out onto the empty streets, until, suddenly, I just couldn't take the silence any longer.
"Wanna play cards?" lame
Frank raised an eyebrow.
"You have a packet of cards?"
I reached into the back pocket of my pants, and produced a pack of cards.
"You have no idea how uncomfortable it is to sit with that in your back pocket."
"No, but I can guess, and that’s precisely why I don’t carry around a pack of cards in my back pocket." He laughed.
"So what are we going to play?" I asked
"Um… I can play go fish."
"Ja, go fish it is then."

[Frank]
As Elena shuffled the deck, I looked at my watch.
3:58am.
Surely I can’t have been sitting here for nearly 3 hours. I looked back up at her. Her fringe had fallen into her eyes. After looking at it for a few minutes I had to fix it, so I leant over and swept it back to the left. Her body stiffened and she stopped shuffling. Just a guess, but I’d say she didn’t like that.
"Sorry."
She glanced up at me, and then dealt out the cards.
I picked up my seven, and looked to see what I had. And realised I couldn’t read the cards.
"Uh… these are cool and all, but I can’t read the symbols."
I lowered my hand to show her.
"Oh. Oops. My bad."
She reached over and took the cards, and as her fingers brushed mine, I yet again felt how cold her skin was. Like touching ice.
She put the cards back into the deck and shuffled them again, but this time she held most of the cards in her left hand, instead of her right.
She dealt me another seven, and I picked them up, thinking that surely, these cards were the same cards, from the same deck, so what was the point in reshuffling them.
But when I looked down at them, sure enough, they were normal cards. Weird. Maybe when she shuffled them in her other hand she changed the deck over. But I was watching her the whole time, so how could she? Unless of course she was a street magician of sorts, then it would be easy for her. Or if they were double sided cards?

"Check the back of the cards if you want, they’re just normal cards." Said a voice that clearly wasn’t Elena’s, unless Elena was now standing behind me, and male.

He was right though. Now just to find out who he was. So I turned around. It was that guy Elena was talking to earlier.
Probably her boyfriend or something.
He looked about 20-21ish, and she was probably the same. I wouldn’t ever know for sure, she seemed so much older, yet so much younger at the same time.
"Rayne." He said, extending a hand for me to shake. He had the same freezing cold touch as Elena.
"Frank." I said after a small pause. I’m not sure why, but for some reason, I got the feeling I didn’t want him to know who I was.
"Frank, I hope you don’t mind me taking Elena for a moment, I shall return her soon though." He spoke with a very, very faint accent. French maybe.
I looked over to Elena to see if this was what she wanted. Her blue eyes betrayed nothing.
"Sure, if Elena wants."
"Why, thank you Frank. Come along Elena." He said, and guided Elena towards the back of the room, leaving me sitting alone.

After an hour or so of sitting and waiting, I gave up. Sure, this girl was beautiful, but she was also very, very strange. And I got bored waiting. So I took the cups back to the counter, went back down the stairs, and then I was outside again. With nowhere to go.

Life sucks sometimes.

I suppose I should go back to my flat and get everything, before the landlord does. Not that there’s much to get. I did a quick inventory in my mind. All I can think of worth getting is my guitar and some clothes. Speaking of clothes, Elena has my jacket, and it’s getting quite cold out here. I could always go back to that weird coffee shop and wait for her, but I’ll just try and make it home first.

It’s not such a long walk.