Fate Is Leading The Way

Well You've Got Your Reasons And You've Got Your Lies

Image

Nick's P.O.V.

Another week has gone by since I last saw the Hannah and Fate. I call every day and leave a message. Hannah never calls back but I can't give up now. I've slowly been going back to the old me, with the help of Miley. She's been coming over a lot, trying to keep my mind off of everything. Joe and I still are not talking though, I just can't forgive him yet.

It was one of the rare times I was alone at the house with Joe. He was downstairs playing video games while I was in my room reading fan mail. We tried to keep our distance at all times. Which is why I was surprised to hear a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said setting a side the letter I had just opened.

Joe walked into the room cautiously. He stayed by the door looking around my room.

"What?" I asked unexpectedly vicious.

"I just think we need to talk." Joe replied with a shrug. "I mean we can't go back on tour next month if we're fighting."

"We're not fighting." I defended.

"Really? Then why are you acting like you hate me?" Joe asked.

"Look I don't want to talk about it." I picked up another fan letter hoping Joe would get the hint.

"I know why your mad."

"OK. Then why are you asking me?" I asked trying to read the letter in my hand.

"You're upset with me because I'm dating Hannah." He continued like I hadn't interrupted him.

"Ha right. I could care less what's going on between the two of you." I said discarding the letter deciding to give up on reading letters.

"Whatever Nick. Hannah told me what happened the last time the two of you talked."

I looked at Joe surprised.

"I also know you've been calling her." Joe went on to say.

"What are you going to tell me to stay away from her?" I asked glaring at him.

"No."

"What has she said?" I asked unable to resist asking this question.

"She doesn't want to talk to you. She doesn't think you deserve to know about Fay."

I looked away from Joe hurt. Hannah was keeping me away from my daughter.

"Yeah well Fate is my daughter too, I have the right to know what's going on with her." I said upset.

"You said I could take your place. Which to Hannah meant you didn't want to be a dad."

"Get out." I said quietly. I couldn't listen to this any longer.

"She wants to be with me and its killing you."

"Get out." I said a little louder.

"I'm the one she talks to every day."

"Get out!" I yelled.

Joe shook his head, and rolled his eyes, as he left my room.

I threw my pillow at the door as it fell shut. I stood from the bed and walked over to my computer desk where my phone sat. I picked it up and called Miley. When she answered I told her what happened with Joe.

"Do you want to come over?" Miley asked.

"Yeah. I'll be there in a few minutes."

We said our goodbyes then I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my car keys. I walked downstairs to try and find my parents. I couldn't find anyone and when I looked outside my parents car was gone. Frustrated I went up to Kevin's room. I knocked on his door hoping he was in there. He opened the door and like he always was, he was on the phone.

"What?" He asked me.

"Tell mom I went to Miley's." I said and waited for his response.

"Alright." He said before shutting his door again.

***********************************************

I walked up to Miley's house my hands in pockets. I didn't see any cars in her drive way or any lights on in the house. I rang the door bell wondering if anyone would answer. The door opened, to my surprise, and Miley stood in front of me. She smiled and opened the door wider to let me in. I walked into the house noticing how quiet it was.

"Are you home alone?" I asked.

"Yeah." Miley said with a shrug.

She walked down the hall to her room. I trailed along behind her into her room. We sat next to each other on her bed facing each other.

"what are you going to do about all of this?" Miley asked.

"I don't know." I said with a sigh.

"You could move on." Miley said moving closer to me.

"But i don't want to move on." I said. "I love Hannah."

"Yeah but right now she's with Joe." Miley said rolling her eyes. "You could have some fun with someone else until she leaves him."

It took me a few seconds to realize what Miley was talking about. I quickly stood up and looked at Miley like she was crazy.

"No."

"Why not?" She asked standing up. She took a step towards me making me take a step backwards.

"I told you I love Hannah."

"So?" Miley asked raising an eyebrow. "She's messing around with Joe."

"No she's not. They haven't been alone since they started dating."

"I'm sure they find times to be alone. How did the two of you find alone time?" She asked taking another step towards me.

"We were always alone." I said stepping away from Miley. I ran into the wall behind me, I was trapped.

"Well we're alone now."

She stood so close to me I could feel her breath on my face. It was hard to resist her, it was always hard to resist her. She trailed her hands up my arms, causing me to shiver slightly. She kissed my neck, I wanted to push her away but i couldn't.

"I know you want me." She whispered.

"I don't." I said pushing her away. I stepped around her and sat on her bed away from her.

She sat next to me, practically on my lap.

"Just this one time?" She asked.

I looked at her and as much as i wanted to tell her no and walk away I couldn't. My teenage hormones got in the way.
♠ ♠ ♠
so how many of you hate me right now?

: )