Fate Is Leading The Way

Don't Know How To React

Image

I looked around the room amazed Nick would do something like this. I mean I know he's a romantic guy but this is straight out of a Nicholas Sparks novel. My heart was going all crazy with emotions. He was making everything harder for me by do things like this. I love when he's sweet, it's defiantly better then when he's pissed, but he's confusing my emotions.

"Wow." I managed to say as my eyes moved to Nick's cautious brown eyes.

"This is the place I first fell in love with you." Nick said quietly.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I know you hated me when we first met." He answered with a light laugh. "But I was in love."

"I didn't hate you. I just took my anger out on you." I said a with an apologetic smile. "Once I spent more time with you, I started to fall for your charm."

Nick stood up and picked up our empty plates and glasses. His head was low as he opened a basket on the other end of the table. He started to pile the dirty dishes into the basket.

"I'm still falling." I said loud enough for Nick to hear.

Nick looked up sharply, he probably got whip lash from doing that, his eyes searching mine. He looked confused and hopeful about what i had just said.

"What?" He asked in a whisper.

"I'm still falling for you." I repeated. "I start to catch myself but then you do something like this and I fall again. You do not make it easy to forget about how much i love you."

Nick set down the dishes and sat back down across from me. "You still love me?"

"Yes." I admitted.

"Then why can't we be together?" Nick asked a trace of annoyance evident in his voice. "Why are you doing this, to both of us? And why would you want to forget about our love?"

"I love you but I don't want to be hurt again. I don't want Fate hurt again." I said tears building in my eyes. "I want to forget you because it makes being around you every day easier."

"I would never hurt you or Fay." Nick said the annoyance growing. "I love both of you with all of my heart."

"Nick-"

"No listen to me." He said cutting me off. I shut my mouth and sat back. "I love you. You love me. We have a daughter who deserves two parents, together. What did I do that was so bad you won't be with me?"

"You broke up with me!" I said letting my anger flow. "You left me because you were scared. What happens when your scared again? Are you going to leave us? I can't handle that and I can't handle Fate going through that. She needs you around all the time, she's dependent on you, so if you decided to leave she would be devastated!"

"I I'm not going to leave you!" Nick yelled running a hand through his hair in frustration. "I had to leave, I was on tour!"

"You didn't have to break up with me!"

"I did. I know what its like to try a relationship on tour, they never work!"

"We could have made it work!" I yelled. "I loved you!"

"I loved you too, but I wasn't letting that cloud my mind from the truth! We were too young to have a long distance relationship!"

"But we were old enough to have sex?"

Nick sighed as he looked at me thinking about his answer. He looked down at the table as he answered.

"No we were too young, but that doesn't mean I regret what we did. If we hadn't had sex Fate wouldn't be in our lives, I can't think about life without her." He took a breath before continuing. "I love you, Hannah, I really do. Going on tour with you is going to be torture if I can't be with close to you."

I closed my eyes as I processed what had happened since arriving here. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, trying to keep from hyperventilating. My mind went fuzzy as my hands shook, this was too much for me right now. I wasn't ready to deal with all of this not all at once.

"I want to go home now." I said calmly.

"Hannah? Are you OK?" Nick asked concerned.

"Just take me home." I said standing up. I stood up to quickly and I lost my balance making me fall into the table.

The last thing I saw before everything went black was Nick's worried expression.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's so short but I had to stop where I did to keep you suspense.

Comment!