Fate Is Leading The Way

Been A Long Time Since You Called Me

Image

I hit the green button on my BlackBerry answering my phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Nick." Hannah said. I could hear Fate in the background crying. "Sorry I'm calling so late."

"Its alright. Is everything alright?" I asked concerned.

"Yes-well no. Fate won't go to sleep because she wants to see you." Hannah said, clearly upset.

"Now?" I asked sitting up and turning the light next to me on. I glanced at Joe-who was still asleep.

"Well yeah." Hannah quietly. "I understand if you can't."

"No, I'll be there in a couple of minutes." I said quickly.

"Ok see you then."

"Bye." I said hanging up.

I decided getting dressed would take to much time, so I just slipped my shoes on; grabbed my jacket, room key, and phone. I hurried out of the room and across the hall to Kevin's room. I knocked frantically on the door. The door opened and to my surprise a wide awake, fully dressed, Kevin stood there with a phone to his ear.

"Hang on Shae." Kevin said. "What?" He asked me.

"I need to borrow your car." I said hoping he would without needing an explanation.

"Alright." He said. He continued his conversation as he dung in his coat pocket for his keys. He found them, threw them at me, and then shut the door in my face.

I was shocked he gave me car and didn't even ask why. I quickly made my way to the parking lot to find Kevin's rental car. I drove to Hannah's house my stomach twisting into knots. I parked in front of her house, took a deep breath, and opened my door. I slowly made my way to her front door, each step making my heart beat increase. Just as I stepped onto the front steps the door swung open. Hannah stood in front of me in a purple tank top and light blue shorts. Her hair was in a messy bun and a very unhappy Fate in her arms; she looked so tired, and she's never looked so beautiful.

"Daddy!" Fate exclaimed. She held her arms out.

I glanced at Hannah, asking for permission. She nodded her head and held Fate out to me. I carefully held her in my arms.

"Hey baby girl." I said kissing her forehead.

"Come inside." Hannah said motioning for me to step inside. "Just go up to Fay's room."

I stepped inside and walked up to Fay's room. I sat down in a rocking chair next to Fay's crib.

"What are you doing up baby girl?" I asked Fay. She didn't answer she just played with my dog tag. I started quietly singing "My Girl" and rocking. Hannah stood by the door watching us a smile on her face. Fay laid her head on my chest and clutched on to my shirt.

"She's asleep." Hannah whispered. She walked over and gently picked Fay up and placed her in her crib.

I stood up, kissed Fay on the cheek, and waited for Hannah in the hall. Hannah walked into the hall and smiled at me.

"I should go." I said quietly.

"You could stay here." Hannah said, she took a step towards me.

"Yeah?" I asked stepping forward. "If you want me to I will."

Hannah looked up at me, "I want you too."

I pulled her to me and our lips crashed together. Her hands rested against my biceps and mine rested on her hips; our bodies so close I could feel her heart beat against my chest. I moved over to Hannah's room, our lips still connected, and opened the door. Hannah broke the kiss and walked to her bed.

"Shut and lock the door." She said.

I did as she requested, and slipped my shoes off and took my jacket off. I sat next her on her bed.

"I want to forget everything that's happened." Hannah whispered. "I need to forget."

I kissed her sweetly and gently pushed her back on the bed.

"Then let's just forget."
♠ ♠ ♠
OK so I wrote this on my BlackBerry so I'm not totally sure how long it is, sorry. I'm not sure how much I like this one, so you should tell me if it's any good, or if it's completely terrible.

Hannah's PJ's

COMMENT!!