Fate Is Leading The Way

Why Don't You Let Her See The Feelings That You Hide

Image

Nick's P.O.V.

I looked at Joe trying to wrap my head around what he just told me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I slept with Carmen." Joe repeated himself.

"When?" I asked still dumbfounded.

"The other night when you and Hannah were talking." Joe said slowly.

"Wow." Was all I could think to say.

"I know, right?" Joe said with a small laugh, only his laugh didn't have any humor in it.

"Wait so when you found me sitting outside you guys had just hooked up?" I asked realization hitting me.

"Yeah." Joe said a little irritation evident in his voice.

I thought back to that day and again realization hit me.

"Oh shit." I said remembering the conversation I had with Carmen.

"What?" Joe asked.

"I told Carmen you were in love with Hannah."

"You did what?" Joe yelled.

"Look I'm sorry I didn't know anything had happened between the two of you. I was mad and it slipped out." I explained quickly.

"Fuck! This is why she is mad at Hannah." Joe said covering his face with his hands.

"I am really sorry." I said again.

"Sorry? You just fucked everything up!" Joe said. He looked at me and I thought he was going to kill me. If I hadn't been mad I probably would have been scared of him.

"What? Were just going to use Carmen?" I asked in disbelief of my older brother.

"No, I was still trying to figure things out." Joe said, irritation even more evident in his voice.

"Whatever." I mumbled rolling my eyes. "Will you guys leave?"

"No. This is my room too." Joe said angry.

"I want to be left alone." I said calmly.

"Fine." Joe said. He walked out the door, mumbling under his breath.

Kevin left too, he had over heard Joe and I's conversation. I laid back on bed and thought about everything that has been going on. I made my final decision on what I needed to do. I picked up my phone and dialed her number.

Hannah's P.O.V.

I watched Carmen's car drive away until she turned a corner. After the talk we just had I needed to sit and figure some things out.

"Hey, Hannah." My mom called from the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen and saw food everywhere.

"Yeah?" I asked cautiously.

"Will you take fate to the park or something so I can cook?" My mom asked as she stirred something on the stove.

"Yeah." I said turning to walk out the door. "We'll go see the Jonas'."

"Sounds good. They're coming over for dinner."

I ran upstairs to get fay ready. I dressed her in cute yellow dress and put a yellow bow in her hair. We drove to the hotel the Jonas' were staying at. I called Joe so he knew we were coming over and he said he'd be waiting for us. I parked the car and Fay and I walked to the hotel doors.

"Hey!" Joe said running over to us. "My two favorite girls!"

"Hi Joseph." I said hugging him.

He picked up Fay and wrapped his other arm around my shoulders.

"So you get to spend the day with me!" Joe said excited.

"Good. I have a bone to pick with you." I said poking Joe in the side.

"What about?" Joe asked confused.

"We'll talk later." I said firmly.

"OK?" Joe said still confused.

"Joey!" Fay yelled.

"Yeah sweetheart?" Joe asked turning his attention to Fay. We walked into the elevator and Joe pushed the floor number.

"I wove you."Fay said hugging him.

Joe looked like he was about to cry as he hugged Fay close to him. "I love you too."

I watched them and smiled as I realized how great Joe is, and if things would have been different I probably would have chosen Joe. When the elevator reached our desired floor Joe and Fay lead the way to Joe's room.

"Ready to see uncle Kevin?" Joe asked Fay.

"Yes!" Fay yelled clapping her hands.

Joe opened the door and walked in, I trailed along behind him. Kevin sat on the couch his iPhone in hand texting.

"Hey Kev." I said sitting next to him.

"Hey Hannah." Kevin said still focused on his phone.

"Who you texting?" I asked.

Kevin blushed and put his phone in his pocket. "No one." He said. "Fate!" He said trying to get around the question. Fate jumped into Kevin's lap and hugged him.

"Uncle Kevy!" Fay said excited.

"You learned my name!" Kevin said just as excited as Fay.

"Yeah but I'm still her favorite." Joe said as he sat next to me. He rested his arm around me and pulled me close. I leaned into his side, Kevin gave us a questioning look.

"Sure you are Joe." Kevin said rolling his eyes.

"Where Daddy?" Fay asked Kevin.

"Um....he's in his room." Kevin answered. I could tell he wasn't really telling the truth.

I pulled some coloring books out of my bag and handed them to Fay. "Why don't you and Uncle Kevin go and color." I said to Fay.

"Alright let's go kiddo." Kevin said taking Fay to a table on the other side of the room.

"We can talk in here." Joe said walking into one of the rooms connected to the main room. Joe sat down in one of the chairs situated around the room but I remained standing.

"What did you need to talk about?"

"Well I talked to Carmen today." I said looking at Joe to see his reaction. His eyes widened but other then that he seemed blissfully unaware. " And she told me something."

"Just get to the point." Joe said irritated.

"You used her!" I said pointing a finger at Joe.

"What? No I didn't!" Joe said. He stood up and gave me a look like I was crazy.

"Yes you did!" I said stubbornly.

"Look I don't know what Carmen told you, but I did not use her for anything." Joe said angry. "What happened between her and I should never have happened but it did, and its between us. Not you."

"She's my best friend and she hates me because she thinks you love me!" I yelled.

"I do love you! But I really like her too!" Joe said desperately.

"You can't love me." I said quietly.

"But I do." Joe whispered. "I know because of Nick we can't be together, but I still love you."

I crossed my arms over my chest and looked down at my converse clad feet. I felt a pair of strong arms around me.

"You know I would never hurt anyone on purpose." Joe whispered, his hot breath on my neck.

"I know." I said quietly. Joe kissed my neck, which sent a shiver down my spine. I uncrossed my arms and wrapped them around Joe's neck. Joe looked me in the eyes trying to convey the emotions he felt.

"If you and Nick didn't have fate would you try a relationship with me?" Joe asked.

I thought about what my life would have been like had I not gotten pregnant. I would have been with Joe over Nick had my life been different.

"Yes." I said truthfully.

"I don't see why we can't try."

I closed my eyes as I tried to think of a reason why Joe and I couldn't be together. Honestly I couldn't think of anything other then he's Nick's brother. I opened my eyes and met the hopeful eyes of Joe.

"OK."

That one word made Joe smile the biggest smile I had ever seen. He leaned in and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss as he picked me up and spun me around.

"I. love. you." Joe said kissing me between each word. I laughed and hugged him tight. I pulled away from him, I smile on both of our faces. We walked out the room, back to where Kevin and Fate were still sitting coloring, hand in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I bet no one saw that one coming.
Comment!