The Blood Covenant

Issue 2

Ashlyn was running as fast as she could, not even caring who saw her. Finally, she smashed into a door, halting her motion.

"How idiotic can you be to run into the door?" Rae asked.

"Nobody said she was the brightest blacklight in the room." Bella commented.

Ashlyn wrenched the door open and stumbled inside. "They're gathering tomorrow at the old warehouse." she gasped out.

Bella shifted her spell to show who Ashlyn was speaking to.

"Told you she was meeting The Fangs." Rae stated as the leader of the rival group came into view, none other than William Beckett.

"And I told you it didn't matter. Even Beckett doesn't know the spells..."

"But what if Ria taught them to him as well?"

"Impossible. Truth spells always know, and Ria's never met Bill. Besides, Pete would know if he knew them, and he only knows the newer ones."

"You did well. Rest, Ashlyn Anne. You will be well compensated." William soothed from the opposite side of the room.

"Compensated? Not that I expect her to know, but anyone that 'helps' him gets a silver injection."

"Just sleep...." He stated. As expected, Ashlyn dropped immediately to the ground. "And never wake again."

"That's different."

"Well, there's the end of that one." Bella stated. "Was she ever fully initiated?"

"She betrayed us and belonged to two clans. That makes any form of membership void. We're safe for now." Rae commented. "Do we call Emily?"

"Yeah." Bella pulled a red cell phone out of her pocket and pressed a few numbers into it. "Hey Em, we need your help passing along a message. Think you can get out of anything?...okay, see you in five."

Bella shut the phone. "Nothing important, just work. But you know her acting skills, she should be able to get out of it fairly easily."

Sure enough, the pentagram glowed red exactly five minutes later as another girl walked into the circle. Her dark brown hair was streaked with pink and purple and the fringe of it was covering her right eye. Her bright blue eyes, rimmed in eyeliner, showed the dark blue just on the outside of the iris.

"Emily." Bella stood up and hugged the girl. Their height difference was slight, but evident. Emily stood at 5'6", while Bella was two inches shorter.

"Hey Bella. What am I doing now? I can't be killing anyone, that's what Rae is here for..." Emily chuckled, showing off her pierced tongue. She looked down and noticed an untied converse, and knelt down to tie it.

"Converse today, eh? Where are the boots?" Rae commented.

"Jordan just had to bleed on them...my sister's cleaning them off so I don't constantly smell him on my shoes and get distraced." She said, waving it off as she stood up.

"Anyways, you're to alert all members of Silver Silhouette that we're meeting tomorrow at midnight in the warehouse on East 12th Street." Bella informed her. "Ashlyn was supposed to, but..."

"She was a damn traitor and began telling Beckett. So we just happened to switch the place on him. Not that he'll ever know, sooner or later I'll get him with this..." Rae pulled on a string around her neck, revealing yet another leather pouch. "He can't stand up to this. He will pay."

Bella and Emily let Rae fume for a few more seconds, before she hid the pouch under her shirt again. "Anyways, that's what we're doing."

"I'll let everyone know. There's no way William will kill us. We have powerful vampires on our side. Even though they haven't realized the full extent of their powers."

"Which is why we're doing what we are." Bella finished before kicking dirt over the previously made spell, which still showed William's face. "We'll bury Beckett so far underground even Ria won't be able to revive him."