Status: Active....Writing Chapter Nine!!

The Darkest Dawn

Chapter Seven

Darkest Dawn
7

After the boys had left, having sauced each other to the point of no return I went in to have a shower, convinced that I wouldn’t have to fight with the fucking sauce that Eric so kindly crushed into my hair when he pushed his hands through it. Though it would have been better if it was his special sauce. I really should have let Nova get her shower first….I have more hair then she does….but I honestly didn’t think it was going to take a fucking hour to get it out. The sauce had somewhat dried against my scalp and I scratched it off almost to bleeding.

By the time I finally got out of the shower Nova was already asleep, leaving me to look about the apartment by myself. I was the complete opposite of tired at this point even though I know I should have gone to sleep long ago. I walk out into the living room and look at the mess that out apartment was in and just shake my head slightly before I start cleaning. I carefully move all of the books that we had placed on the table onto the couch and got the pledge out of the cupboard and started to clean all of the wood in the room before neatly tiding up the books. We really need to invest in some of those storage things, keep the place cleaner! I go into my room and pull out a small note book and pen before walking back into the living room. I plop myself on the couch and start the list of things that we needed to get. I just couldn’t live like this anymore, the mess was getting to me. I write down the storage containers and labels on the top of the paper when I feel my cell vibrate. I quickly take it out before it can start singing and open it to see a text from Eric I smile lightly as I open it.

“I can’t sleep“ the text read, I laugh quietly and reply softly before standing up and going over to our pitiful DVD collection and write down small bookcase on the paper and then get the Windex out and started to clean the television and windows. I then go back to the cupboard and get out the last of our Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and wet it slightly, determined to get the shit off the walls. I open my phone when it vibrates again.

”What are you up to?” Eric asks. I quickly type back that I was cleaning the apartment, determined to tire myself out. I then continue scrubbing the wall, pleased when the stuff that I didn’t even want to know what it was started to come off the wall. Making me feel instantly better I continued my cleaning spree, cleaning everything in the living room, except for vacuuming, didn’t want to wake Nova up after my bitch move of a shower. I then go into the kitchen and clean off the counters with the Lysol wipes and finish up the dishes that had accumulated throughout the day. I then use the eraser against the backsplash, cleaning off the tomato sauce, ketchup and mustard that has landed there. I pull out the pledge and Windex again and get back to cleaning all of the glass and wood in the room. I then climb up onto the counter and start cleaning out the cupboards as my phone buzzes again. I flip it open to see that he had just laughed at me. A few seconds later I had received a text that really made me laugh ‘You know, I could always tire you out. Nova had her time today you should have yours’ I laughed and continued cleaning. ‘Hey, still awake?’ I quickly replied with a yes and a happy face as I started organising the food cupboards and fridge. Eric continues to text me for a while as I finish cleaning our apartment, every once and a while one of us would send the other a rather sexual comment causing the other to laugh or in my case blush. I mean don’t get me wrong, Eric is a total hottie, completely available to fuck. And I would. I just don’t know if I could do it after knowing him for such a short period of time. He’s a really nice guy and Nova seems to get along with him and so does Nikko, and both are quite astonishing really. Nova can be very particular about men and rather opinionated. Nikko usually does the whole male thing of marking his territory and being all masculine and such which can be rather annoying at times, others it works great. I look at the clock that was mounted on the wall in the living room and see that it is almost five in the morning and I was still wide awake. I groan slightly and go and sit out on our deck.

It was pretty cold to be sitting on the patio in short shorts and a tank top, but it might make me tired…but I doubt it. I stare up at the sky, the stars hidden by the buildings surrounding us, the unnatural glow of streetlights, signs and other random things causing me to shudder lightly. It’s so depressing looking outside to see the city below. Sure, most people would love this, and it has it’s advantages, but I like staring at the stars, watching the sun come up at the ocean. That is basically impossible here. I pull my legs up to my chest and rest my arms on my knees. It was unusually quiet out tonight. And yes I know it’s five in the morning and it should be quiet, but it’s never this quiet….it’s almost like the calm before the storm.

That was the last thought to enter my mind before I passed out.