Elle.

Love is a battlefield.

McKenzie and I walked through the crowded halls, pushing and shoving to get to our lockers. I spun the dial three times, each ending in a failed attempt to open the damned thing. My hands were shaking as I thought about canceling my date with Ty, I was afraid he wouldn't take it well. McKenzie popped up from her bottom locker and opened my locker on the first try.

"Stop worrying, Elle. He won't slap you." I drew back, shocked she had said exactly what I was afraid of. "He isn't abusive, just a prick."

I tried to calm down as McKenzie and I went to our separate classes. The windows in the Biology room were opened allowing a nice breeze into the room and hopefully keeping my blushing cheeks at bay. Ty was sitting at our lab table and smiled when I sat down.

"Good evening, Elle." He reached out for my hand probably planning to kiss it again. I folded them neatly in my lap and tried to keep a straight face. Ty seemed disappointed but didn't give up hope. "I've been thinking about things we could do tonight. There's a new Italian restaurant on main street, we could try it."

"Actually, I can't go out tonight. I'm going out of town for the weekend." With one quick breath the hardest part was over.

"Oh, really? What a shame." Ty's eyes peered into mine and I could tell her wasn't giving up on me that easy. "Maybe when you get back?"

"Perhaps." I tried my best to not seem interested in talking and for the most part it worked until Ty though of some questions for me.

"Where are you going?" He seemed so focused on whatever my answer would be.

"Las Vegas, for a friend's wedding." I glanced at him from the corner of my eye and saw him nod. I could also see Lizzie eying me with her awful sneer. Little did she know I had just broken off our date, exactly what she wanted.

"Couldn't you just blow it off?" I was appalled by Ty's question.

I looked at him as if he was a raving lunatic and answered. "No, he is one of my best friends. I won't hurt his feelings to go out with you."

Ty was irritated with me, I could tell. Though I could care less, there was no way I was going to miss Gabe's wedding.

The rest of the class period was silent, he never even looked in my direction. It appeared that Lizzie figured out I was mad at Ty because she began to make goggle eyes at him. My gag reflexes kicked in and I looked away at the screen showing the mitosis of cells.

Let her have him. I thought as the cell entered meta phase. If she is willing to whore herself out, fine by me. As much as I hated thinking about it I didn't want to end up like McKenzie. The cell went through it's last two phases and and the teacher shut off the movie.

"So, what did we learn today class?" The short teacher stood up to project her voice.

That heartbreak's a bitch.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this is so short. :(
I just needed to cut it off there.