Elle.

Baby, you can drive my car.

I slipped my father’s sun glasses over the bridge of my nose and looked in the rear view mirror. I tucked the stray pieces of hair behind my ear and applied more bubble gum lip gloss. Not to sound conceited but, I looked good.

After much pleading to Ryan he had agreed to let me drive his car on one condition: I had to mow the lawn. After our arrangement was made I sent a text to Jude who had hinted he needed a ride to school since he was banned due to a silly misunderstanding with the driver. My whole plan was to drive Jude to school and have him mow our yard. In my advantage it worked.

I pulled up to his foster home and honked two times, my accustomed signal. The front window curtains opened like it always did and two beady eyes peered back until Jude came running out with his messenger bag.

“Hey Smell!” Jude slid into the passenger seat with a cheeky grin.

I rolled my eyes, “Hello Boob.”

“Awh, touché, Elle.” Jude undid the latch on his bag and removed a home-made cd. “I burned this last night, ‘cause your dad’s music kind of lacks.”

I turned off the Woodstock album Ryan had order off of eBay ages ago and pushed in the plain white disc. Soft strumming of a guitar escaped the speakers until Ryan’s voice chimed along. I recognized it as one of Panic’s old songs titled ‘Behind the Sea.’ I looked over at Jude, who just so happened to be looking back at me.

He gave me a look as to say “What?” and turned to look outside the window. I sighed and hit the skip button for yet another Panic at the Disco song to come on.

“Are you trying to impress me or something?” I nearly ejected the cd before Jude grabbed my hand.

“Does it impress you? Wait till the next song starts then let me know.”

I was rather curious about what he meant so I quickly fast forwarded to the third song, and apparently, last song. I was surprised by the acoustic guitar and Jude’s voice singing the song of my childhood: Eleanor Rigby.

Though I didn’t want to admit it I was very impressed by the time the song ended. Jude was looking out of the window but I could tell he was smiling. I was quite speechless but mustered up a quite, “Thank you.” He looked over towards me and nodded.

The remaining time in the car was filled with a peaceful silence since neither Jude nor I could wipe the smiles off our faces. I parked next to Kenzie’s Camaro and said goodbye to Jude until third period. Once he was out of hearing range I squealed right beside McKenzie’s ear.

“Good God, Elle! What’s your problem?” She held her ears and mocked a face of pain.

“He sang me a song, Kenz! Eleanor Rigby! Just for me.” I leaned against her car and contently sighed. I then looked over at her quick with a worried look. “What do you think that means? Do you think he likes me?”

McKenzie simply rolled her eyes and slung her purse around her neck. “I don’t know Elle, why don’t you ask him?”

I nervously laughed and followed her into the building. “I couldn’t just ask him….could I?”
McKenzie snorted and shut her locker. “Listen I don’t care what you do about the Jude situation but I’m about to go take care of my Avery problem.”

“Oh my gosh! I can’t believe I forgot about the plan! So you’re finally putting it in motion?” I smiled as I thought back to the dark idea McKenzie had many nights ago.

She would sneak into the Annul Staff room and log into Lucy’s computer and send a fake break-up letter to Avery. I wouldn’t say I thought it was a great plan, or that I even thought it would work, but I supported her as best I could.

“Lucy will be out until lunch taking club pictures so the room will be empty and no one will know it was me.” She smiled smugly and leaned on the lockers beside me.

“Well don’t you think Avery will know it’s not her? Since she shouldn’t be on the computer at that time.” I tried to sound reasonable but she would have it.

“I’m sure he won’t even look at the time!” She furrowed her eyebrows and hastily pushed off the lockers. “Trust me, this will work.”

I watched her as she stormed off down the hall. I sighed and turned around to suffer through another boring English class.
♠ ♠ ♠
XD So some Elle/Jude cuteness?
Hope you like it. :tehe:
Oh and McKenzie's plan....I know I know, "That is so mean!". It's all I could think of! XD
Let me know what you think? :)

Elle's outfit. :) Complete with Ryan's glasses XD