Elle.

How could you laugh when you know I'm down?

The next day I dressed in black with hints of red since I never got properly mourn my mother's death. I tried to ignore the constant stares I wasn't really getting as I walked down the hall to gym. I had already made the decision to not dress out that day on the note that I was sick to my stomach.

McKenzie's bubbly personality was the exact opposite of how I was feeling when she bounced up to me and spun around wearing a Leatherman’s jacket that was two times too big on her.

She screamed, "Avery gave me his Baseball jacket!" I closed my eyes then nodded and smiled. "He likes me Elle! He really likes me!"

Though I was happy for my best friend I didn’t feel like celebrating. So, I quietly walked over to the bleachers I had become so acquainted with and pulled out my book. When McKenzie followed me with a frown on her face I knew it was coming, the extreme blow up I had predicted she was brewing deep down in her heart.

“Elle Ross, what is your problem!” Though it should’ve been a question McKenzie formed it as if it was just a very aggravated statement. I answered her anyway.

“My mother is dead.” I looked up into her eyes to see the hurt she conveyed, the apologizes were quickly forming behind her glazed eyes and I could see the eruption of anger was quickly leaving her whole body.

“Oh Elle, I’m so sorry.” She sat down beside me and slid her left arm around my shoulders causing my head to lay peacefully down on her shoulder. I closed my eyes knowing anything she said could sit me into a fit of tears. “Has she always been?” McKenzie seemed to answer herself by saying “So that’s why she left you.” Her hand subconsciously rubbed my hair in a soothing way.

I nodded and then sighed partially thankful I didn’t have to talk and allow my voice to crack and the tears to flow.

-

At lunch Kenzie and I sat at a booth closer to the King’s table than usual. I could almost hear every word that was uttered and at the time I didn’t think anything of it but now it seems as it was almost fate that someone had made it to the cafeteria before us and gotten our table.

They sat at a large circular table by a window with most of them looking out of it daydreaming, well actually everyone except Arabella. She was chatting away about a shopping trip Kimberly and her were going to take the coming weekend, though Kimberly looked unenthused about said trip. When she caught me looking over at the table to spoke louder to get the whole tables attention, especially Jude’s.

“Caroline told me something very exciting this morning.” When everyone’s eyes flashed to her she smiled and continued. “We’re moving!”

Most of the siblings only frowned but Jude’s jaw dropped right along with mine. “What?” His outrage caught the attention of most of the students in the small room. “You have got to be joking me! I’m not moving anywhere!”

“Well of course you are Judy, the whole family is.” Arabella smirked and nearly hissed is a whisper. “You aren’t eighteen yet. Besides you’ll like LA.” She crossed her arms and then her legs and the smirk planted on her face seemed to grow.

“Los Angeles?! That’s an hour away!” She nodded and cut her eyes over at me. “There is no way I’m going anywhere with you.” Jude rammed the table away from him causing a cup to fall over and orange soda spill onto Arabella’s white pants. He didn’t give the table a second look as he stormed past my booth and muttered “Come on.” holding out his hand.

Arabella’s screams could be heard all over the lunch room. “Get back here right now, Jude!” She stood up and stomped her foot and heat had began to rise in her cheeks from either embarrassment or anger, but it was most likely not the latter choice.

I looked between her and Jude’s extended hand and then quickly at McKenzie. Her face screamed “You better not go.” but instead I grabbed his hand allowing him to pull me up from the booth. I turned my head to watch the scene as we walked out of the cafeteria; I shot McKenzie a pleading look but shook her head and then turned back around. Arabella was fuming as she ran to the principal to probably tell him whatever we were doing.

It all happened in a flash and when Jude pushed through the double doors with his free hand the burst of cold air made my head spin and my breath to leave me. My stomach dropped and my limbs went soft and Jude had to catch me before my head hit the linoleum. He certainly didn’t have time to take care of an unconscious girl, but he did.

When I woke back up I was leaned against the wall outside the bathroom with a wet paper towel on my forehead. Jude was pacing back and forth in front of my with a thoughtful expression on his face.

“How long was I out?” When I spoke up it startled him and he spun around quickly and smiled.

“Not long.” He sat down where he had stopped mid-pace and crossed his legs to sit Indian style. “Maybe ten minutes.”

“And you carried me all the way here?” I leaned forward to see the doorway of the cafeteria was a good few feet away from where we were sitting, and I must say I’m not the lightest thing in the world.

“Like a bride.” I blushed and pulled the practically now dry towel away from my head. Jude sighed and looked up at me desperately. “Elle I was thinking, I need to get out of this place and I want you to come with me.”

I’d never been the type to skip school but I didn’t feel like staying there either. “Alright, let’s go.” I stood up and grabbed my bag ready to go home.

“No Elle, not like that.” Jude grasped the end of my dress to stop me. “I mean this town, this state…I want to go to New York.”

I turned to face him slightly to see if he was joking. “I want to visit my parent’s grave.” It was like he had read my mind, since finding out about my mother I had wanted to go back to New York and finally get to meet her, even if all I could see was a headstone.

“Right now?” I tried not to sound hopeful. Jude nodded and let go of my dress. I turned around fully and knelt down to place my hand back in his. “How about we wait so we can really plan it out? I’d like to visit my mother’s also and I’m not sure where she’s buried. Plus we’ll need somewhere to stay and a mode of transportation right?” Jude nodded again sadly. “Don’t worry we will go. I promise.” I stood back up and pulled him along with me.

We walked down the hall holding hands ready to face whatever could be thrown at us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! So okay I am uber sorry I havn't updated in forever DDDD:
Silly roleplays have all my creative juices tied up XD I really can't blames anything though. besides myself.
I hope this update is to your liking. XD ARABELLA'S A BITCH RIGHT? lmfao.
They're going to New Yoooorrkkkk, They're going to NEW YORK! -spazz-
Anyways....comments? ::cute: Oh and don't expect an update till next year. :hand: XD
HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS! ::arms:

Yeah, I realize this isn't the ideal outfit to mourn someone in XD