Elle.

Have you ever wanted to disappear?

After going to visit Jude’s parents at a cemetery on the south end of New York City it seemed as if we had completed everything we had come to do. Neither of us was looking forward to the brutal drive back home and everything that waited in California to meet us.

The journey seemed to move faster and we made it to the road leading to both of our houses around midnight. Turning down the narrow pathway we could tell that Jude’s house was lit up and people were moving about in the driveway, my house was the complete opposite, all the light were out and there was no way of even telling someone lived there.

Jude opted for turning into his own drive and caused his family members to part and turn on their glares. Before the door even opened I could hear Arabella bitching at someone of about something. I timidly exited the car when Jude came around the open my door.

Arabella and Rob stood side by side with their arms crossed and annoyed stances. Avery stood beside McKenzie who looked at me with sad eyes but also the potential to kill me. Her newfound boyfriend’s arm was slung across her shoulders and he leaned down to whisper something in her ear, which earned him a huff.

Jude was the first to speak and honestly I wish he hadn’t. “What’s going on here?”

“What’s going on here?! What’s going on is we’re packing up to move! And it’s all your fault!” The heat is Arabella’s cheeks rose the louder she yelled. “Thanks to your little vacation mom decided to really move to L.A!”

A confused look suddenly found its way to Jude as we both looked around at the cardboard boxes filled with clothes and knick-knacks. How had we missed that?

“What do you mean? I thought we were always going to move to L.A.” Arabella shook her crimped hair. “So you lied to me?” Jude rolled his eyes.

“Well excuse me for trying to get rid of her!” She pointed at me before turning on her heels in a mad flurry and heading into the house.

A little part of me actual was hurt by her words. What real reason did she have to hate me? I had never anything directly hateful to her. Honestly I didn’t even like to be in her company.
“I’m going to go talk to her…and Caroline.” Jude’s expression was irritated as he kissed my cheek. “I’ll call you later?” I simply nodded as he dashed off into the house.

McKenzie sashayed across the drive to stand right in front of me, Avery in tow. Her stare was blank but I could read every word on it. “Don’t ever pull a shit move like this again Elle. Do you know how much trouble I’ve been in! You told me you were going to the movies! I figured I’d get my car back the next day not in a week.” Her tiny figure waltzed over to the driver’s seat and Avery took the passenger’s side. She rolled down the window before pulling out. “Ryan hasn’t been home since you left, I don’t know where he is but I thought you’d might like to know.”

I kicked at the dirt under my flat and nodded before walking across the street to my house. I bent down the grab to spare key from under the doormat and opened the door. I threw my duffle bag onto the couch and headed up stairs for a much needed shower. Maybe if I had checked the voicemail on the answering machine or even gone by my dad’s room to see the shattered glass that still littered the floor I would’ve made different choices but no, I was thinking only of myself. I wasn’t even worried about where Ryan was. Oh he’s probably with Reni, I thought as I stepped into the steamy shower.

Even as I laid on my bed reading a book I didn’t give a second thought about Ryan. But the sudden taps every so often on my window certainly caught my attention. By the forth one I was up after sliding a bookmark in my worn out copy of The Great Gatsby and over by the window pulling it open.

I looked down at a smiling Jude who held a palm full of tiny pebbles. “What are you doing?” I called down and tried not to laugh.

“Getting your attention!” He laughed and threw one to the wide of my window.

I rolled my eyes before muttering. “Well you have it. Why didn’t you just call me like you said?”

It was Jude’s turn to laugh as another pebble hit the side of the house. “I tried! You didn’t answer.” I instinctively looked down at my phone and saw that besides the countless calls from Ryan and Reni I had one from Jude. And I also realized I never turned the ringer back on.

“Well you can come in through the front door you know. I’m the only one home.” I’m not sure if he caught the wink because when I looked back down he was already ringing my door bell repeatedly.

“Hold your horses!” I called to the door as I marched down the stairs in my bunny slippers. I opened the doors to be wrapped in Jude’s arms. He whispered “I love you.” into my hair before picking me up and spinning me. I smiled down at him and planted a kiss on the tip of his nose. “Well hey, it hasn’t been that long since you’ve seen me.”

He set me down on my feet and tried to hide a frown. “I know I just missed you.”

“What’s wrong? Did you talk to Caroline?” I sighed and lead him over to the couch by the tips of his fingers. “What did she say? Are you guys moving?” My questions were coming faster than my mind could process. Jude’s nod set it all in place. I tried not to let my eyes water as I cuddled into his side.

“She was furious with me.” He voice was emotionless as he spoke. “I had to sneak out just to get over here. But it’s worse that everyone else is mad at me; I could care less about Caroline. If stupid Arabella hadn’t put the idea in her mind!” Jude’s rage shown through and I tried to calm him down.

“Hey, listen, if it’s anyone’s fault it’s ours.” Jude’s jaw drop so I continued quickly. “We’re the ones that wanted to go to New York, so we did. We knew there would be consequences.”

Jude huffed and mumbled under his breath. “Yeah but she doesn’t have to move us an hour away from you.” I leaned up to kiss him and smiled.

“An hour isn’t that long Jude. Besides I can come up there every day after school. “I repositioned myself to be laying more on his shoulder. “When are you leaving?” and yawned and shut my eyes.

“Tomorrow morning.” Jude’s whisper startled me and my eyes flew open. “I know…this’ll probably be the last time we get to sleep in each other’s arms. I’m going to miss it. I’ll be awake for days just wanting to feel your warmth.”

I said smile found its way to my lips as I leaned up to kiss him again. “Don’t say that, we will still see each other I promise.” I tried to convince myself as I got comfortable and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so...whew! -wipes brow-
I know it's been forever since I updated but I needed some time to get all my ideas straightened out.
I'm pretty sure I have it planned out to the endingwhich will probably be soon-ish, just need to add a few minor details as I write.
Oh and I could've made another pj outfit but I didn't feel like it! ::roll:
And PS: Rip Alexander Mcqueen...I've used a few of his things in Elle's outfits. :(
Also I'm going to add some more character pics. And if you have a request for character I dont have a pic for yet lemme know! :DD
Comment- love ♥