Sequel: The Federation

Legion Of Rockstars

Havoc Causer

I strode down the hallway, my flip-flops flapping against my heels. I stopped outside of Kevin’s room and rolled my shoulders, working up a distraught face. Taking a deep breath, I slid my fingers around the cool doorknob and shoved the door open, letting out a strident sob. Kevin jumped up from where he sat on his bed as I slammed the door shut behind me, allowing the tears to gather at the edges of my eyelids.

“What’s wrong, Ashley?” Kevin asked, stepping quickly towards me and gripping my upper arms gently in his fingers. I let out another sob, pressing my face into his chest. Kevin patted my back soothingly.

“I l-love J-Joe, but I l-love N-Nick, t-too,” I stuttered through my tears, lifting my head from Kevin’s chest to look into his eyes. “I can’t choose between the two of them.”

“Ashley,” Kevin sighed sympathetically, one arm curled over my shoulders while his free hand gently tucked my hair back behind my ear. I sniffled pathetically, dragging the back of my hand across my eye to swipe away the tears. My hand came away glittering from my makeup.

“What should I do?” I sobbed, setting my bottom lip to trembling. Kevin frowned and cupped my cheek in his hand, leaning forward towards me.

“You should choose me,” he whispered, and then crashed his lips to mine. I hesitated briefly before sliding my arms around his neck and pressing myself closer to him, my tears transferring to his skin. His fingertips slipped underneath the hem of my shirt, and I repressed a shiver—not necessarily of pleasure—at his touch. As his fingers slipped higher, the bedroom door burst open and we jerked apart.

“KEVIN!” Miley bellowed. Kevin and I looked at her in shock. Miley didn’t even look like herself—her hair seemed to spark with electricity and a wildfire blazed behind her eyes. “And you!” She pointed angrily at me, her eyebrows shooting up her forehead. “I thought you were my friend, my ally!”

“H-He kissed me!” I exclaimed, pretending to be innocently terrified as I pointed at Kevin. “I didn’t want any part of it!”

“M-Miley,” Kevin stuttered, but shut up at the look Miley sent him.

“I trusted you, Kevin! I loved you, Kevin! And you do this to me!?” Miley screeched. I took several steps back towards the door; Miley didn’t even notice. As Kevin grew angry, I reached the door and backed out into the hallway. He started to retort, something about how he loved Miley too, and I could hear Joe and Nick yelling at each other. As I turned and rushed down the hall, I couldn’t help but smile a little on the inside at the havoc I’d managed to cause.