Sequel: The Federation

Legion Of Rockstars

Inside Jonas/Cyrus Headquarters

“So, uh, nice weather we’re having, huh?” Brian asked on the way to Jonas/Cyrus headquarters, obviously trying to kill the silence that put up its nasty barricades around us as the van wound its way through the dry, crackly desert towards the location of Jonas/Cyrus Headquarters. No one responded at all, barely lifting their heads to look the poor guy in the eye, so Brian just sighed and went back to staring at his hands. I patted his clenched fingers and offered him a small smile when he looked up at me. He smiled back, but the silence in the van continued to stretch on.

“We’re here,” Joan announced slowly-advancing ten minutes later. Zacky and Johnny, the two people sat next to the doors that opened outward in the back of the van, shoved the doors open and everyone leaped out before the van even came to a complete stop. Little clouds of sand dust wafted up as our feet made contact with the gritty sand, but everyone was too ready preparing for action to notice. I saw several paratroopers skid onto the roof of the Jonas/Cyrus Headquarters roof, blockaded by a small mountain range extending off into the distance either way. People really just like to set up their organizations in hollowed-out mountains.

Everyone jumped out of the van rearing for action and ready to depart. Matt grabbed Amy, dragging her against him and pressing his lips passionately against hers. Amy clamped her arms down over his neck, looking as though she didn’t want to let go.

“We will see each other again when this is all over,” Matt reassured Amy, his forehead pressed to hers. His rough voice rose barely above a whisper, and I could hardly catch his words over the sounds of Legion agents sending themselves into battle. Their arms slid away from each other as they separated, the boys to head one way while the ladies headed another. They both glanced back over their shoulders at the other one last time before putting themselves in mission mode.

“C’mon, girls,” Joan urged, leading the way with a slight jog towards a cluster of bushes running along the base of the mountain. Amy, Pink, and I followed her quickly. Joan and Amy pulled aside the bushes, revealing what would look to the untrained eye like a normal batch of desert sand. I reached out a foot and swiped it across the sand, revealing a giant steel dime that looked a bit like a manhole cover. Pink and I lifted it out of its holder, revealing a dimly lit passageway leading one way—underneath the mountain. We all slid expertly into it, and I led the way, jogging, towards the exit at the end of the tunnel.

Our plan of action was simple, yet efficient. We’d devised a plan where we would corner the four pop morons in a small area of their headquarters. During my time playing pop clone—playing is definitely the wrong word for it; it was far from fun, let me assure you—I studied nonstop the different ways in and out of Headquarters. I found some pretty interesting ones—tunnels that proved to come in handy, more for us than the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus. Teams were sent in before us to short circuit the electricity and stuff like that, leaving the pop morons in total darkness. We all had night vision goggles, however, so we’d have the advantage right off the bat.

“Let me make sure the coast is clear,” I whispered to the three women. They all nodded and I hoisted myself gracefully up the steel ladder. I pushed up the steel trapdoor, looking out at the sickeningly familiar bedroom of Kevin Jonas. The trapdoor came up underneath his bed—a very poor place to put a secret tunnel, I thought. The room was dark: Kevin was nowhere to be seen.

I quickly pushed the manhole cover-looking thing away from the hole and shoved myself out, squeezing underneath the bed and rolling quickly to my feet, pulling my stun gun just in case. The three others followed quickly after me, Amy sliding the manhole cover back into place behind her. I led the way out of the bedroom, Joan letting me take the lead since she’d only seen blueprints of the layout of Headquarters.

I could hear other agents fighting henchmen in other parts of the building. The four of us slinked down the hallway, Joan and I on one side, Amy and Pink on the other, all of us holding our guns at the ready.

“Get them!” a male voice yelled out behind us. We all turned, swinging our weapons high, to see four henchmen appear at the end of the hallway. They sprinted towards us, and we all braced ourselves for attack.

Amy managed to hit one with her stun gun moments before he hit her. His body jerked spastically as he fell to the ground with a cry. The shock would leave him momentarily motionless for at least a few minutes. I launched myself at another one, a guy taller than Jimmy with twice the bulk and ten times the mean, raising my gun to slam the butt of it into his temple. He grabbed my wrist as my hand descended towards his face, stopping my attack in its tracks. Our eyes met, the same scathing glare in each of our eyes, and then Pink jumped on his back, wrapping both arms tightly around his neck.

The henchman quickly forgot all about me, releasing my wrist as he grabbed at Pink’s arms in an attempt to free himself from her clutches. Another henchman grabbed my arm and spun me around, catching me right on the eye with a hard punch. I didn’t give myself the luxury of reeling back, instead instantly going on the offensive and slamming the butt of my gun into his temple. He dropped faster than if I’d been Rocky Balboa, and I turned around to help Pink fend off the other henchman.

She already had it covered however, climbing off of the man’s unconscious, motionless body with a gratified smirk on her lips. Joan and Amy already took care of the other henchman, so we continued to slink down the hallway as we’d been doing before we were so rudely interrupted.

The lights flickered, and then moments later, they faded out, leaving us in darkness. We all pulled out our night vision goggles and slipped them on over our eyes. My world exploded into a mass of greens and whites and I clutched my gun all the tighter as we continued down the hall. Presently, I began to hear grunts and cries from one of the doorways at the end of the hallway where it broke off into another hallway. We advanced quickly towards it, raising our guns for the ready as we neared the door the noises came from.