Status: the.. end?

30 Days

Day 2

The door flung open, and the short brunette's eyes widened.

"AH! Christofer!" she squealed and clung to me in a tight hug.

It was sweet for a moment while I hugged her back, after a few seconds, she loosened her grip.

Still holding on she whispered, "Wait, Christofer.."

She pushed me off of her, and glared.
"Why are you here?"
Gone was her high happy voice, which now was replaced by thick icicles.

I closed my eyes, silently wishing I hadn't thought she would forgive me.
"Listen, I just.. Just really need your help right now."
I kept them closed until she said something.

She sighed.

Opening my eyes, I saw the hopeless romantic seep out of the short yet feisty girl I've known for years, now.
"Fine.."

I smiled now, and scooped her up in a hug that put our previous one to shame.
She laughed and hugged back a little.

Once we let go, and she fixed her hair, her expression became serious once more.
"But this doesn't mean I forgive you all the way, just yet."

I nodded solemnly, fully understanding the depth of the situation.

I had left her best friend since literally birth out in the rain that day.

You see June and Stacey's mothers were in the same hospital room during labor. Let's just say two babies later, and hours of pain, two pairs of best friends were in the making.

"Chris?"
Stacey and I were in the kitchen now. She sat on the counter, swirling her coffee in a green mug. The one I won for her at last summer's fair, when I was so scared on how to make the right impression.

I smiled, "Nice cup."

I could hear her laugh a bit, and she turned the mug in her hands, stopping when the chipping white print was facing me.
Mid Summer Carnival 2008

I could feel her eyes on my head, and I looked up, scared of what was coming next.

"So, what are we going to do?"
Honestly?
I have no idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
mostly a filler,
but testing this week
i know i promised this on monday,
but turns out there was other stuff in here
i needed to include to make the history stuff
in the next chapter seem alright..
so here we go
a semi-important-but-still-late-filler chapter.