Daisy

Boy In the Woods

The Cullen home was still so unknown to me. I hadn't lived in America in quite sometime, and well the idea of it all was overwhelming. After the incident outside with Emmett we haven't really spoke much. His girlfriend still won't even look at me; if anything she had stolen him from me. I was walking up the stairs when I heard slightly raised voices. I know it's wrong to eavesdrop, but what they were saying peaked my interest.

"Why do you have to hang around her?" A female voice screeched. The girl was obviously Rosalie's nasally voice.

"She's an old friend. Why can't I?" Replied the ductile tone of Emmett. God I could listen to his voice all day.

"You're just waiting on me to turn my back so you can go hook up with that home wrecking whore!" She demanded. My mouth fell open in shock. Bitch.

"Don't you ever talk about Daisy that way. You don't have a goddamn clue who she is, so shut your mouth." Emmett snarled.

"He usually doesn't correct her like that." I heard from behind me.

I jumped and turned to see Jasper. "You scared me."

"Oops." He quietly chuckled. "Come with me. They still have a few things to work out." I did as told and followed Jasper down stairs and outside. "Figured we could take a walk?"

"Sure." I shrugged. We walked in silence for a little bit till finally Jasper spoke.

"I think he still cares for you, hell I know he does. Rose for him is just a....convenience. It was easy to love her cause she's all he's known in this life."

"I'm not asking anything of him." I say shaking my head.

"Maybe not aloud." Jasper agrees. "But he'll always feel the way about you as before. Emmett's never been one to let go of something. Especially something he likes." I didn't know how to respond. We both turned at the noise of Alice's Porsche pulling into the drive. "Well I outta get back, Alice's been shopping and that means she has enough bags to last a lifetime. You coming?"

"Nah, I'm just going to walk a bit." I reply, smiling lightly. "Thanks for the talk Jasper."

"Anytime." He grinned. "You are one of us now."

I really did smile back this time and continued on into the woods. Bored of just walking, I decided to use my shifting power. My favorite form since I'd been able to use it was a wolf, plus it blends in Forks' woodland area. My fur would be a light blond, with white patches. After turning and seeing no one was watching, I removed my clothes and shifted.

Then I began to run.

I was faster than the average four legged canine, so I covered much more ground quickly and I could jump further distances and not get tired. It almost seemed the forest was never ending, like the trees and small brooks could go on for miles and miles and I'd never have to face Emmett or Rosalie or the Vulturi ever again. As if I were free. But freedom only goes so far.

At first I smelt it. The air smelt thick, woodsy, and almost musky. It smelt like an animal I'd never been around before. It's blood didn't appeal to me. It smelt bad. I was no longer in the Cullen's territory, but instead in the home of the unknown creatures, who's numbers overpowered mine easily. I did the only thing I could: I bowed my fur covered head in respect, sat, and waited.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They came out of the woods, one by one. Each over sized wolf getting larger than the last. Like my self they weren't ordinary wolves because in each pair of their coal black eyes was knowledge beyond the wolves comprehension. With my mind reading abilities I heard their thoughts.

What is it?

Where the hell did it come from?

I think it's a girl...Maybe a hot girl.

It's dangerous.


No! I wasn't any threat to them. I wanted so badly to shift back and yell at the top of my lungs 'I come in peace!' like Buzz Lightyear said to the aliens in the first Toy Story. Slowly I took a step back, which may of been a bad idea because it alarmed them all. I didn't give the over sized wolves time to react because I turned and ran back into the woods and straight home.

About half way there, I realized I had lost them. So when I got back to my clothes I quickly shifted and got redressed, only to hear a rustling in the near by bush. I expected the wolf, but instead I stood face to face with a handsome, dark skinned man. He smirked lightly. "I knew you were a girl."

My unnecessary breath caught in my throat as the wind blew. The scent matched the wolves, he was one of the wolves. "I knew you weren't just a wolf." I whispered. I turned to leave, quickly running away at inhuman speed, and weaving through the trees. I stood with my back to a tree, hearing his loud human steps easily.

"Wait! I just wanted to talk, I'm Paul."

It didn't matter. I was already running away, back to the safety and wolf-free Cullen home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I figured I'm bored so why not? One, well thought and constructive, comment and I'll update. Not a 'loved it.' Those are great, but I want to know what you think.

Katie