Status: Was called Rising Sun, turns out thats so popular that there are about five others so i changed the name to Angels Falls

Angels Fall

Prologue

December 1998

The cold wind blows harshly when one least expects it, just like the world continues to evolve and we're all just along for the ride, oblivious to the battles within itself. There is a waging war among all who are part of the supernatural existence. And I, Leah O'Brian, am along for the ride.The darkness has overcome me, the moon raised high above the field in the hilly tops of Sherwood. The lake silent, the trees softly moving in the breeze until that chilling wind picks up and I know, I just know that it's time. I am a warrior and tonight I will show thy fury. Peter and I have made our way into the open field, swords by our sides. A mist begins to form so thick I now cannot see any further than a metre ahead. Peter squeezes my elbow, he listened intently. The sound of feet lightly landing on the grassy ground fills the air in cannon through the whistling of the wind. It was closely followed by six figures appearing amongst the mist, walking forward, their ancient clothing billowing in the wind that they have brought with them. They were Vampires, creatures of the night. I can make out the familiar faces of their leader Lord of the Vampires Ty Kingston. All his cronies gathered around him. There weren't six, through the mist more and more began to appear. My throat went dry, Peter grabbed my hand. I heard his whisper, "Get out of here," he said, he knew it was a lost cause. We thought it was civilised meeting to discuss a treaty. Lord Kingston had brought with him an army.I nod once, giving Peter all the confirmation he needs of our agreed plans and we back away.
"Where are you going human?"
I freeze, we weren't quick enough, and Kingston is close enough to see us through the mist.
"Didn't anyone ever tell you it was rude to walk away from a meet?"
"Didn't anyone ever tell you that I wasn't a human?" I sneer.
"Ah, yes, the vampire slayer, the descendant of Van Helsing and tell me who is your friend? Peter Clowrey, your assistant? Or would that be husband?" he smiles.
Kingston can read minds, just like all vampires.
Then it all happened at once. Before I could make the memorial decision to make and break all sense and reason disappeared, blackness succumbed and the last thing I remember is the distinct screams of Peter before I gave away into nothingness.