Status: Was called Rising Sun, turns out thats so popular that there are about five others so i changed the name to Angels Falls

Angels Fall

Friends

"Glad you could make it..." Joshua announced as Scarlett entered the clearing, her red coat blowing in the breeze. He ran a hand through his blonde hair and folded his arms."I had to go for after school slushies with Kelsey and the girls." She declared nonchalantly, "It's tradition you know, she looked at him in adoration flicking her bright red hair back, "You should have been there really."
Laughter filled the clearing and bounding into the thicket Avery and Rhoan appeared. Avery's silvery coat and Rhoan’s ginger one clashed but they were young and playful and looked great together. Avery, Joshua's little sister was fourteen and had only been a Werewolf for a year, she was still finding her feet and loved every minute of it, as did Rhoan. They took empty spots at the front row of the large circle of friends and family. Lucy, Jayden, Sierra and Ollie watched their leader in admiration, waiting patiently. When their two youngest were settled Josh began the meeting.
"I'm sure you understand why I have called this meeting." he said gravely, "Last night we had an arrival of the most unique kind."
"Alice, right?" Scarlett said aloud folding her arms.
"Who's Alice?" Avery asked worriedly.
Josh turned to her, "Who’s Alice?”
“She’s Blackwood’s newest addition, or there’s Kia she’s new.”
Josh rolled his eyes, “We mean in the enemy sense.”
Scarlett huffed and folded her arms, “You don’t know who or what she is.”
“So who are we looking for?” Rhoan asked and Avery nudged him playfully.
“A girl who escaped from a London research facility, now apparently she was born there and has never had any contact with the outside world, she’s also different...”
“Different?” Avery sounded.
“Yes, she’s very strong and very fast. That’s really all we can tell at this point.”
“So she’s dangerous then?” Ollie put in.
Josh nodded, "Yes, very, she incapacitated most of the London clan last week." He sighed, "Furthermore, we have a new threat to watch out for, there has been some more vampire trouble in Yorkshire."
Avery rolled her eyes, "Great, that's all we need."

"I suggest we start a patrol, Sierra and Ollie and will cover day times while you lot are at school and you guys will cover the evening before midnight. I'll take over the nightshift."
"Alone?" Scarlett snapped glaring with angry jealous eyes.
"Yes, alone." He snapped and turned away. He was gone before she could blink his blonde coat disappearing into the trees.
Avery shrugged, "Oh well, at least we won't be bored eh Scarlett?"
Scarlett left them, anger filling up inside her closely followed by tears of hurt. Why did Josh hate her so much? She found her way through the forest back to her parent’s cabin and morphed back to human form before she reached the threshold to her garden. She found some clothes in a bag up a chestnut. Once in a lemon dress she walked forward toward the house. Her parents weren't in and she was thankful, racing up to her bedroom she packed a new bag for patrol later before collapsing on her bed in a shroud of tears.

***

Kia was in the garage of her new country town house letting all her pent up strength out on her punch bag. It wasn't working. Kelsey and Keifer came in to see what all the grunting was about.
"The bag not working?" Keifer asked sitting on one of the sparring mats, Kelsey sat next to him.
"Not particularly," Kia said, "Are you guys any closer to finding anything out?" she asked eagerly.
They exchanged looks of defeat and turned back to her, "Sorry sis, we found nothing," Kelsey said.
"Yeah, I've exhausted everything on the internet," Keifer added.
Kia nodded and sighed, "I can't stand this, not knowing what is wrong with me."
"Maybe you’re just really good at absorbing minerals from your vegetables or something," Keifer run a hand through his thick shaggy blonde hair.

"No," Kia said defiantly, "No that's really not it because I feel power like its old or something," she shook her head, "Doesn't even matter." She jumped back and shot her leg out in a side kick.
The bag flew from the beam above and landed across the garage smashing a few pots.
"I'm going for a run....clear my head."
She left them watching her sadly from the garage as she shot through the open garage door into the lightly spitting rain. It wasn't long before the rain was thundering down and soaking her wet through. She stopped and breathed hard for a minute, Her jeans clinging uncomfortably to her skin.
"Weather sucks doesn't it?" a voice said behind her.
She whirled around to find a petite girl about her age with silvery blonde hair and navy blue eyes.
"Who are you?" Kia snapped.
"Sorry, didn't mean to intrude, Avery Hansom." The girl held out her hand. She was strikingly bonnie but her hands were oddly rough and her attire of surfing shorts and wife beater was just as strange. "Kia James. Nice to meet you." she recognised the surname instantly, "You aren't by any chance Mr Hansom and Dean Hansom's relative are you?"
Avery laughed, "Got it in one. You know them?" She swallowed and looked at her intently.
"Yeah. I just started at Blackwood."
Avery didn't seem to be listening, she eyes her suspiciously, "You can run really fast."
Kia laughed, "Yeah I know, a gift really."
"Fancy a run with me?"
"You've only just met me Avery," Kia said folding her arms in wonder.
"Yeah but I'm really bored and I kind of have this mission I don't want to do alone." She smiled.
Kia smirked, "Okaaay and what is this mission?"
"Just to make sure the forest and school are safe. You know make sure there are no strangers about." She giggled nudging Kia in the shoulder with her own.
Kia giggled, was this girl for real? “I’m a stranger.”
“Yeah but you’re a decent sort of folk I can smell that about you.”
Smell?
"Sure," she replied. They began running, nowhere in particular. All the while Kia kept wondering why she hadn't seen Avery at school with Dean.
"So how come I didn't see you at school?" She asked while they ran. The rain was picking up to ridiculous amounts.
"Well I often bunk off, I know, bad right, especially for Private school." She rolled her eyes. Kia suddenly became aware of a ditch ahead. They both thought quickly and jumped to a brunch above swinging across together. When they landed Avery gaped at Kia and Kia gaped back, "Wow...you're good," Avery said eyes wide.
"Could say the same about you," Kia said, her suspicion about Avery was growing, "How come you’re so fast anyway?" She said thoughtfully, "I thought I'd have to hold back but not so much."
"Like you said...it's a gift, right?" she grinned and was off again, Kia raced after her. It was so refreshing, getting to let loose like this, someone who was her equal.
They ran for too long, eventually Kia grew tired, but Avery didn't seem tired at all. She was still running at the same speed they started out with.
"I'm knackered; I’m sorry but think I should head home for dinner too." she said suddenly aware of Avery's confused frown.
"Tired?!" she asked astounded.
"Well yes, you've burnt me out, really confused as to why you’re not though." Kia turned to leave and then stopped. She turned back to Avery.
"Same time tomorrow?"
Avery grinned happily, "Sure, see you tomorrow night Kia."