Sellout

Poppin Champagne

It’s cold in the newly purchased house. Zack is walking around in sweats and a hoodie trying to figure out where exactly to put all of his paintings.

Alex is watching TV. He’s wearing Zack’s clothes. He’s going to pass out in 5 minutes if they don’t do something fun soon.

“How does this look?”

Alex narrows his eyes and curses at Zack in his head. This is probably the 4th time that Alex has had to give his opinion on something. He turns around in his seat slowly, trying to make it obvious to Zack that he does not give a fuck where the paintings go.

Alex stares at the painting Zack is holding up against the wall. It’s the one he gave Zack for his birthday last year. Zack loved it.

“Whatever,” he answers after a few seconds of pretending to care. “It looks fine.”

“You are such an ass.”

Alex’s eyes widen at Zack’s completely ridiculous accusation. “What?”

“You’re being an ass today.”

Alex scowls and turns back to his TV. It’s his TV because he bought it 2 years ago. He just decided that Zack is no longer allowed to use it.

About 5 minutes pass when Alex feels someone press down on his shoulders. He looks up and his eyes meet his boyfriends.

“Do you enjoy pissing me off?”

“Sometimes. I enjoy sucking you off even more, though.”

Zack can’t hide his smile. It spreads across his face even though he tries hard to fight it.

“You’re so unbelievable. You’re lucky I adore you.”

“Is that the same as love?”

“Yes.”

Zack goes back to hanging up his paintings. He’s about to hammer the nail into the wall when he hears Alex groan. He turns around and doesn’t exactly expect to see himself on the TV screen, but he does.

“Our video’s on TV?” he asks, somewhat in awe. He knew it was premiered already, but still, it’s strange to see yourself on TV.

“Yes. Fuck.”

“You sound like it’s a bad thing…”

“I don’t know… I just know people are going to call us sellouts now…”

Zack shakes his head and puts down the painting once again. “So? Since when do you care what they think, babe?”

Alex shrugs. “I don’t really… I just hate hearing it. Because seriously,” Zack sits down on the couch because he knows Alex’s rant is going to last a few minutes. “Seriously, I write my music, I play it the way I want to – I don’t give a shit if you don’t like it! I mean, obviously I want you to, but if you don’t, then I really don’t want to hear about it! I’m not doing this for the money, I’m doing this because I love music and I want to be in a band and I just… I just want to do what I love, is that so difficult to believe?”

“I know, baby…”

Zack rubs Alex’s back in a comforting manor as Alex attempts to calm down. He always gets worked up when people tell him they think he’s a sellout. Zack doesn’t like it either, but he doesn’t get nearly as upset; he tries not to let it bother him.

“What if we are sellouts?” Alex whispers. The words are just barely audible over the sound of ‘Poppin Champagne’ coming from the TV.

“Alex… we’re not sellouts. We don’t give a shit about what they say.”

“I know… but what if we like… suddenly just care about the fame and money? Like… you know… Good Charlotte used to be pretty good, but now look at them!”

Zack raises one eyebrow. “What about them?”

“They’re like… 30 now and haven’t put anything decent out since their second CD! All they really care about is getting radio play… at least that’s how I feel.”

“And… your concern is that you’ll end up like them?”

“Well… yeah.”

“Can I just point out that Joel and Benji Madden are both straight, I think, so there’s one major difference. Joel Madden got Nicole Richie pregnant, and that’s not something that you’re going to be doing anytime soon. I really don’t think you’re going to end up like them, Lex.”

“When you put it that way, then no. But they’re sellouts!”

“We are not sellouts,” Zack says, this time a bit more forcefully.

Alex opens his mouth to protest, but instead Zack silences him with a kiss. His arms wrap around Zack’s neck and he pushes his tongue into Zack’s mouth.

Zack’s hands move down to the hem of Alex’s t-shirt – actually, Zack’s t-shirt – and he lifts it upwards. He has the shirt halfway up Alex’s body before Alex grabs his hands to stop him.

“No.”

Zack stares at Alex, completely floored. Alex does not object to being shirtless ever.

“It’s too cold,” Alex explains, a blush appearing on his cheeks.

Zack lets out a laugh. “You are just really fucking adorable, you know that?”

Alex blushes a little bit more and Zack pulls him into his arms. He ruffles Alex’s hair and Alex slaps his hands away.

“I spent over an hour straightening my hair, loser. Don’t touch it.”

“Oh… well it looks nice and all but…”

“But what?”

For a second, Alex frowns. He always thought he looked pretty good with straight hair, and he really thought that Zack likes his hair straight…

“Well, I mean I love your hair, you always look sexy. But…” Zack leans in and puts his mouth next to Alex’s ear. He whispers, “I really like your sex hair better,” and he laughs at the face Alex pulls.

“My sex hair?”

“Yeah… you know…”

“No. I don’t know.”

“Oh. Well I can’t explain it.”

“Then make it happen.”

Alex grabs Zack’s face and pulls him in for another passionate kiss. Zack smiles into it and then pulls away. He stands up from the couch and pulls Alex with him, leading him into their bedroom.

After Alex lies back on the bed, his cell phone rings. Zack’s eyes widen. “You bought your own band's ringtone? Talk about being a sellout!” he jokes.

“It’s not selling out!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if you're a fan of Good Charlotte, I am actually a fan too. Don't take it too seriously (: