Jade

Chapter Eight

Zach and Aya were asleep when the helicopter landed. Jade, however, was still unconscience in Valentine's lap. Valentine's face was white as snow, his hair looking like a curtain of blood as he bared his teeth at the werewolf, who moved to pick up Jade.

"Looks like we got a halfie here, Marcus," the werewolf called to the pilot.

"Half what?" Marcus asked, turning the helicopter off.

"I don't know, looks like it has fangs though,"

"Let him carry his girlfriend in, Iron Tooth," Marcus yawned. Valentine swung her onto his back, grasping her legs and wrapping her arms around his neck. He jumped from the ledge, landing lightly, before standing behind the pilot, face smooth and as hard as rock. Aya's familiar weight was removed from Zachary's chest, waking him up. A feral growl ripped from his pale lips, red eyes glittering dangerously.

"Uhh, Marcus?" the werewolf asked, handing Aya to the pilot, who turned, eyes widening with fear.

"What the fuck are you?" Marcus cried, drawing his knife. Valentine turned around, eyes wide with shock. Zachary's back half was thick and scaley, a long thin, whip-like tail lashing around. His hands were scaled upto his elbows, dissapating as they grew higher. Fangs protruded obscenely from his mouth. His torso and back had sprouted feathers, stopping just under his chin. Zach's face had melted into a snout-like feature. He roared.

Jade's arms tightened around Valentine's neck, her breath coming in quick short gasps, as she woke up, her mind registering what, and who, stood before her in such a grotesque form.

"Chimera," she whispered. "You literally meant 'half-breed', didn't you?" Valentine's knees shook.

"A Chimera heads the rebellion faction in that town," he stammered, pupils dialated from fear and awe. A reptilian tongue snaked out of Zachary's mouth.

"Aya," he croaked. "Jade," He staggered, a dart sticking out of his shoulder, where human flesh remained. He reached up with his claws to pluck it out, passing out before he did so.

"So, I see, 00000, you've made some interesting friends," a man said, lowering the barrel of a gun.

"Lyonel! I swear to all that's holy, if you hurt a hair on their heads--" Jade started.

"Frankly, the Chimera only has hair on his head," Lyonel said, cutting her off mid sentence. "I'll need to bring someone out to bind the Chimera before he wakes up,"

Valentine snarled.

"She is not a number, she is a person, she has a name, learn it,"

"Well, I never thought I'd see you, XXXXX, especially with 00000," Lyonel said, shocked. The pilot dropped Aya and his knife, gripping his head. Aya sat up, crawling over to Zachary.

"Cousin," she murmured softly, petting his snout. "Cousin, wake up," Aya pushed her conscienceness into Zach's mind, and he reared up, staggering on his hind legs. "Go back to being Zach, we'll be okay, Jade'll get us out," The Chimera receeded.

"Interesting. Well, the failed half-witch half-newbreed vampire returns to the lab he was so graciously freed from," Lyonel muttered. "Guards, bring them and cage them, all, even the human," he said, white lab coat twirling outwards omniously as he walked into the trees.