Northern Lights

eleven.

When the boys of The Fighting Sioux weren't partying or playing hockey they were being extremely lazy and either playing video games or eating. There wasn't much to do in Grand Forks anyway.

On this particular day it was the morning after a party and TJ Oshie was starting to feel the effects of his hangover. Ava on the other hand was busily getting breakfast ready for him and three other hung-over hockey players. Lazily TJ pushed himself up and out of bed, only sweatpants hanging loosely around his waist; he decided to leave his discarded tee-shirt on the floor.

"I didn't realize how hung-over I was until I walked around the corner and the whole world spun with me," TJ grumbled as he plopped down at the kitchen table.

He held his head up by means of his hand against his chin and rubbed his face with his free hand. Ava glanced over at him, her red hair was placed on top of her head in a messy bun, two chop sticks sticking out of them and a few random wisps of hair falling out and framing her face. She was wearing an oversized Fighting Sioux hockey sweatshirt in which she had cut the collar off of so it sat off the shoulder. On her bottom half she must've been wearing a pair of booty shorts because they weren't visible to TJ from where he was sitting.

"You drank a lot last night," she nodded knowingly, continuing to make breakfast. Ryan Duncan, Evan Trupp, and Brad Miller were all sitting in the living room feeling the same as TJ. They had all stayed over that night and she always made anyone who stayed over breakfast. She had earned the title of "team girlfriend", though "team mother" might have been more fitting. "Emily Richards left early this morning," she added. "She looked even worse than you," Ava joked. TJ sighed, running his fingers through his unruly hair.

"God, I really need to stop this," he said.

"Sleeping with random girls or drinking so much?" She asked, placing a cup of tea- not coffee- in front of TJ. He wrapped his large hands around the mug, warmth suddenly encircling them.

"Both," he laughed.

"You're in college, you can act dumb now. Once you're out it's a different story," she grinned. "Maybe you can just learn to control yourself. You're really not that bad Teej," she told him seriously. TJ nodded back and took a sip of the hot liquid. Ava finished up breakfast and walked into the living room to tell the rest of the boys it was ready, she would have normally yelled but she could only imagine the headaches they all had.

"You're the best girlfriend I ever had," Ryan told Ava during breakfast. She was sitting on the counter top sipping her cup of coffee while the four boys occupied the small kitchen table.

"That's kinda sad Duncs, she's not even your real girlfriend," Brad told him with a small laugh. Ava giggled and watched as they all finished eating, politely cleaning their plates off when they were done. Ryan and Evan left right after eating, going back to their own apartment to sleep away their hangovers. Brad, who was TJ's roommate, went to go see his girlfriend at her dorm, leaving TJ and Ava alone.

"I still feel like shit," TJ told her, rubbing his now full stomach.

"Do you just wanna go lay in your bed?" Ava asked with a frown. "We'll just spend all day in bed and watch movies," she offered. A smile spread across TJ's lips and he nodded. With that TJ and Ava both walked up the short stair case and into TJ's bedroom where he shut the door behind them, falling into his soft bed as he did so. Ava giggled and took the chopsticks out of her hair before hopping onto his bed as well. She crawled to the end of the bed and grabbed a DVD, placing it in the player and then crawling back towards TJ. He pulled the covers up and she climbed beneath them, TJ's wrapping his arm around her small body as she did so.

"What're we watching?" He asked just before the opening screen came on. He laughed as it showed up and Ava grabbed the remote from the bedside table and pressed play. "Knocked Up?" He questioned.

"I like this movie," she informed him.

"This doesn't seem like the type of movie you'd like," he pointed out.

"I'm full of surprises," she smiled. TJ laughed lightly and nodded.

"That's very true," he agreed with her. Ava grinned and cuddled closer to TJ's much bigger body.

And that's just how TJ and Ava spent their entire day- watching movies and just laying in TJ's bed. They didn't mind that they could have done something more productive and TJ didn't care he had English homework to do, because in that very moment they were comfortable and they were warm and thats all that mattered.

Of course when Brad finally got home from his girlfriend's house and saw TJ's bedroom door was shut he assumed he was spending the day getting laid.

Naturally, TJ never told Brad otherwise.
♠ ♠ ♠
tj and ava are gonna find themselves on drama-llama island in the next chapter :)

xoxo.