Northern Lights

sixteen.

Upon arriving to the all too familiar apartments on the University of North Dakota campus, Ava felt a wave of relief wash over her. She felt like she was back at home, and she felt at ease despite her trying day.

"Excited?" TJ asked with a smile as they stood in front of Ryan Duncan's door. Ava nodded eagerly just as the door flew open. She was enveloped into a hug and lifted off of her feet before she even know what was going on. When she was placed back on the ground she realized it was Ryan who had hugged her, and when she looked around the small apartment she realized most of the boys were there, a small, dinky looking banner that said "We Love You Ava!" in big, sloppy looking letters hanging in the living room behind them. They all took their turns hugging Ava, almost ensuring bruising on her ribs when she had got through everyone.

"I missed you, never leave me again!" Evan Trupp exclaimed.

"Eskimo kisses?" Ava asked with a small smile. Evan laughed and leaned down so they could rub their noses together. "I'm so happy I'm here," Ava said finally when she had finished saying hello to everyone in the room. She had since found her way back to TJ's side and she was smiling a real smile.

"I'm happy we're here too," TJ nodded.

The rest of the night involved a lot of catching up, a lot of hugs, and one huge party. To all of the boys at NoDak, having Ava and TJ back was a wonderful excuse for a party. And party they did. Despite not drinking, Ava always enjoyed watching the boys drink and make fools of themselves. Of course she was always there when things got a little too out of hand, but most of all she just let the boys be boys.

"I missed you so much," a drunken Ryan Duncan slurred as he slung his arm over Ava's shoulders. "Will you make pancakes like you used to tomorrow morning?" He added quickly.
Giggling Ava nodded, "Of course Ry, anything you want."

"Anything?" He asked, raising his eyebrow suggestively. TJ, who had been listening to Ryan and Ava from only a few feet away, decided to intervene.

"Alright Duncs," TJ said grabbing Ava's wrist and pulling her towards him. Ryan's arm fell off her shoulders quickly and he looked confused.

"Sorry bro," he apologized drunkenly. "Your girl, my bad," he added before walking away. TJ's cheeks burned a bright red at his friend's statement. He just hoped Ava wouldn't say anything about it.

"So I'm your girl, huh?" Ava asked, looking up at TJ with a playful smile. Laughing awkwardly TJ tried to cover up Ryan's slip up.

"He's wasted, he doesn't know what he's talking about," TJ dismissed with a small chuckle. Ava laughed along and TJ breathed a sigh of relief.

The party began to wind down soon after that. More people began to pass out in odd places throughout the house, while others stumbled out the front door and back to their respective dorms. After Ava made sure all of her boys were comfortable and not too sick, she and TJ made their way into Ryan's room where they would be spending the night.

"I'm so glad you brought me here," Ava smiled as she gathered a change of clothes for bed. "It was a great place to come after today. It felt like I was back home."

"I'm glad," TJ nodded, tugging his shirt over his head and tossing it to the floor. "I thought for once I had a good idea so I ran with it."

Laughing lightly Ava followed TJ's suit and pulled her sweater over her head, making TJ cough awkwardly and cast his glance down to his feet quickly. "You've had other good ideas," she assured her friend, pulling on an old off the shoulder UND sweatshirt she had cut up ages ago for bed. TJ looked up again sheepishly only to see Ava shimming out of her skinny jeans.

If TJ didn't know Ava well enough, he would have thought for sure she was trying to seduce him. That night marked the first occasion in his life he watched a girl get undressed in a bedroom at NoDak that he wasn't going to sleep with.

"Do you care if I don't wear pants?" She asked TJ innocently, titling her head to the side. TJ bit his lip, trying to contain himself as he looked at her. "I don't usually sleep with them at home, but I don't wanna make you feel uncomfortable."

"No," he said, clearing his throat. "Its fine," he assured her with a short nod. Ava smiled widely and walked over to Ryan's bed. TJ crawled into bed first, followed closely by Ava. She snuggled into his chest, her ear pressed against his heart.

"I really can't thank you enough," she whispered, her lips brushing against his chest ever so lightly.

"It's no problem," he forced out, trying not to make it seem like he was struggling. Because he was, oh he was. At that moment he wanted nothing more than to take Ava right there in one of his best friend's beds. Take her right there while she wore her boyshort underwear and her off the shoulder UND sweatshirt. He wanted to rip her clothes off and show her how much he cared about her right there in Ryan Duncan's bed. And God, he was trying too hard to control himself.

Ava smiled and pressed a short kiss to TJ's chest, before nuzzling her nose into his bare skin. TJ groaned lowly and hoped that his lusty feelings wouldn't get the best of him and completely embarrass him in front of the most perfect girl he had ever known.

He decided right then he would make her his before their trip was over. He couldn't waste another second of not being with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
next chapter will contain lots of drama. it can't be cutesy forever :)
also, this will be ending soon. probably only another three or four chapters.

feedback please!<3
xoxo.