Northern Lights

two.

Ava Lawler was not like every other girl TJ had been with. In fact, he never even really been with her. She was the girl that was always there for TJ. The girl who came and picked him up from jail after he had been arrested, the girl who cleaned his apartment after a party, the girl who woke him up when Duncs broke his alarm clock, the girl who went to every single one of his home games in one of his very own jerseys. She was the only girl to see a different side of TJ, a side that not many people ever got to see- but that was the only TJ Ava knew.

Ava was different, and TJ loved that about her. He had never had so much respect for a girl as he had for Ava. She was a strong individual, who dispite having a not so good life was the nicest person he'd ever met. Ava worked hard for everything she ever got, and TJ admired that about her greatly.

He didn't know why she was standing in front of him, or if it was even really her. The chances were just too big for it to be a reality. Last he knew, Ava was still at NoDak working for a degree in atheletic traning. Her dream was to work for an NHL team, but TJ couldn't believe she was actually within his reach.

"TJ?" She asked, a smile spreading across her face. TJ blinked hard and was set crashing back down to reality. He looked down to see Ava was standing only a few feet away from him now, her eyes crinkled at the sides from smiling so wide. "I can't believe it's you!" She exclaimed, wrapping her arms around his waist tightly. TJ didn't react right away, as his body had gone into a mini-shock as soon as he felt her body against his. When he finally came to his senses he found his arms wrapped around her shoulders, hugging her small frame right back. Ava sighed and pulled away from TJ, brushing her bangs out of her eyes gently, but not letting her smile fade in the least bit.

"What're you doing here?" Ava asked excitedly.

"I came to get my wrist wrapped," TJ stated spacily, still not over the fact she was there.

"Did Johnny tell you I was here?" She asked him.

"Jon knew you were here?" He asked dumbly, making Ava laugh. He missed the sound of her laugh, and relished it until she stopped.

"Of course, I work for the team he plays on," she smiled. "He got me the job after all."

TJ said nothing, but instead opted to nod. Still smiling, Ava grabbed TJ's forearm and lead him to one of the medical tables. She instructed him to sit and he did as he was told as he watched her retrive some tape from the counter behind her.

"So how have you been? How's St. Louis?" She gushed, wrapping the wrist he had told her to carefully.

"I've been fine. St. Louis is great," he said with another nod. "How long have you worked here?"

"Oh, about a year now? I left almost right after you, I graduated early. You know how many credits I was taking," she grinned. "Johnny knew I was looking for a job and he told me their athletic tranier retired, so he got me an interview. And here I am, wrapping your wrist just like back at school."

TJ smiled at those memories, watching her cut the tape and secure it around his wrist. She had helped out in the tranier's office back at NoDak, frequently traveling to away games with them to help as well. "I can't believe you're here," he finally admitted. She looked up at him and smiled brightly.

"I can't believe you're here either. This is just too crazy, isn't it?" She mused.

"Yeah, crazy," he agreed, still in a slight daze.

"I'm excited to watch you play again," she told him as she put the tape back in it's rightful place.

"You're wearing the wrong thing though," TJ told her, motioning to her Blackhawks' tee-shirt.

"I can't say I own a Oshie jersey," she told him. "Well not one from St. Louis at least."

"As long as you promise to cheer for me, I'll forgive you," he smiled. Ava laughed lightly and walked over to him again, standing in between his legs. She stood on her toes and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I missed you Timmy," she murmered into his long blonde hair. TJ snaked his arms around her waist and held her tightly. He didn't know how he could just let a girl like her go.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter is much better than the first, hahaha.
on a much different note; i love boys.

xoxo.