Northern Lights

four.

"I fucking love parties," TJ smiled widely as he walked to someone's random apartment with a few of his teammates.

"We know you do," Brad rolled his eyes jokingly.

Once they got inside the apartment, their hands immediately became occupied with drinks and they were off to find something to do. Maybe a few drinking games, maybe a girl. It all depended upon how each of the boys was feeling that night. And on this particular night all TJ Oshie wanted was a girl in his bed. So he set out to find one early. He couldn't get too drunk anyway, there was a game in the next afternoon and he couldn't be hung over for it.

His grey eyes scanned the room quickly. He saw girls he knew, some he didn't. Some he had been with, some he hadn't. Some were blonde, and some were brunette, but his eyes finally settled on a small red head.

She was wearing an oversized blue sweater with the sleeves pushed up and a pair of black leggings. She was holding a water in her hand and laughing along with a few of her friends. She was gorgeous and TJ Oshie had zeroed in on her for the night. He waited until she was alone to walk over to her, the last thing he needed to deal with was three other girls just to get with one.

"Come here often?" He asked, leaning casually against the wall behind her. She turned around slowly and let her eyes travel up his body before letting her eyes settle on his.

"I go here," she told him with a small smile.

"I haven't seen you at many parties," he said, feeling almost stupid for letting his pick-up line fail. The short red head let out an airy laugh, one that TJ wished would never stop.

"I'm surprised you see anyone at parties," she giggled. "You're always so wasted."

TJ's mouth fell open slightly at the girls words. He knew she wasn't trying to be cute in telling him that. He knew she wasn't trying to get into his pants, but at the same time she wasn't being nasty. She was just stating a fact, but it still threw him way off guard.

"I'm not always wasted," TJ tried to defend himself. The girl raised an eyebrow and smiled widely. "What's your name anyway?"

"I'm Ava," she told him, taking a small sip of water and then returning to her normal smiling face.

"I'm T-"

"Oh I know who you are," she said, sending him a playful glare. "I go to the games," she explained.

"Oh," was all TJ said. He was slightly mesmerized by how with little to no effort, she almost had him completely wrapped around her finger.

"Wanna go watch the really wasted people try and play flip-cup?" Ava asked TJ. There was a child-like sparkle in her eyes and TJ just couldn't say no to her. He was too intrigued to not follow her to wherever her heart desired. And so he did.

TJ and Ava spent the rest of the night together and TJ couldn't help but notice the eyes of his teammates on him, giving him the thumbs up every time they made eye contact. TJ kept his drinking to a minimum that night, mostly just enjoying being sober and talking with Ava. At around one thirty am, Ava announced she had to get back to her dorm and asked if TJ wanted to walk her to it. He agreed almost immediately, though he couldn't believe she was actually about to sleep with him. Usually when he slept with someone after a party they were both terribly wasted, this was all new to him. His friends all patted him on the back as walked out of the door with Ava, they were thinking exactly the same thing he was.

Ava's dorm was nearly on the other side of campus, and it took them a while to finally get there. When they finally arrived at the building Ava smiled widely and ran to the door.

"It's so cold," she told TJ, as a way to justify her actions. But he didn't care, he thought she was adorable. They walked up to her dorm in mostly silence. Partly because they didn't want to wake everyone else in her hall up, and mostly because they didn't feel the need to speak. The silence was a comfortable one and neither felt like breaking it up with some mindless chatter.

Finally they arrived at Ava's dorm and they stopped in front of it. TJ took a deep breath and looked down at her. Ava looked back up at TJ and grinned. She put her arms up in the air and TJ leaned down, she wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

"Thanks so much for walking me all the way back here," she said, pulling away. TJ smiled and noticed how close their faces were. He went to go kiss her, but she just kissed his cheek lightly and placed her hand on the door knob to her dorm. "I'll see you at the game tomorrow," she exclaimed brightly. TJ's jaw went slightly slack when he watched the door to her dorm close right in front of his face. She didn't sleep with him. She didn't even want to.

Before the game the next day, TJ wondered if Ava really was gonna be at his game. He secretly hoped she was and planned on scanning the stands the best he could to try and find her once he was out on the ice.

"Yo, how was that red head last night dude?" Ryan Duncan yelled at TJ across the locker room. TJ looked up at him oddly, wondering what he was talking about. "You know who I'm talking about Osh, the girl you left the party with."

"Did you fuck someone else too and forget about the red head?" Zach asked. Suddenly, it dawned on TJ. His teammates all still thought he had slept with Ava. Because he didn't tell anyone about what happened, they were all still under the impression he got laid.

"It was good," TJ nodded. "She was pretty good in bed," he grinned. All of his teammates laughed and smiled and continued to make jokes.

When they all skated out onto the ice a little later, TJ saw Ava almost immediately. She waved to him smally and sent him a bashful wave. TJ nodded up towards her and Brad skated up beside him.

"She is pretty fucking hot," he said. "Nice one Osh."

"Yeah, she is, isn't she?" He agreed with his friend.

"You keepin' her around for a little?"

TJ shrugged, "Who knows with chicks man. We'll see."
♠ ♠ ♠
so this whole chapter is a flashback. there will be a lot of chapters like this. i kinda like it this way though, it's more intresting. at least i think.
so anyway, someone reported this story because i had a picture description of what ava looked like. that's such bullshit. whatever.

keep those comments coming!

xoxo.