You Got Me Laughing While I Sing

Chapter Fifteen

I woke up with my glasses pushed against my eye. I sat up, pushing them up my nose. I didn’t usually wear my glasses, but I couldn’t be bothered with my contacts. Kelsey stirred next to me, waking up.
“ What time have you got to go?” I asked her, as she closed her eyes again.
“ About 10-ish.” She replied. I nodded my head.
“ Nick is picking me up at 11.” I told her, randomly. She nodded her head, slowly drifting off to sleep. I smirked to myself, climbing off my side of the couch. I grabbed the end of the blanket she was cuddling up to, and ripped it off of her.
“ CASEY!” She yelled at me, curling up into a ball. I was laughing so hard; my hands were wrapped around my stomach, holding me up.
“ Oh my Jonas, Kelsey.” I choked out as my mum walked into the living room. Her pjs were tight across her stomach, so you could actually see she was pregnant.
“ What’s going on down here girls?” She asked. I pointed to Kelsey, still laughing, who was curled up into a little ball, groaning.
“ The both of you go and get ready.” She said, shaking her head, giggling to herself as she walked out of the room. I followed her, skipping up the stairs. Kelsey trudged behind us, stomping her feet. I laughed at her until we got to my bedroom.
“ What are you doing around the Jonas’s then?” She asked me. I shrugged my shoulders, looking in my closet.
“ I don’t know. Joe just asked me around.” I told her. She nodded, pulling a pair of my jeans put of my closet.
“ So Joe invited you then?” Kelsey asked. I rolled my eyes before turning around to her.
” Look, we aren’t going to do anything. Nick wanted me there as much as Joe did.” I told her, before turning away from here, pulling a pair of legging and a long t-shirt out. I sighed, before looking at them.
“ Nick, hey?” Kelsey said, nudging me with her elbow. I rolled my eyes at her and walked into my bathroom.

I jumped out of the shower, my teeth chattering. I threw on all my clothes as fast as possible. I walked out, brushing my wet hair. Kelsey was tying up my her Converse, lying across my bed, her foot in the air. I laughed.
“ Nervous?” I asked her, tying my hair up. It wasn’t worth drying, it would take too long. She sat up, nodding her head.
“ Like hell.” She replied. I gave her a half-smile.
“ You’ll do good. Just get justice.” I told her. Kelsey grinned at me.
“ Thanks. See you later?” She asked. I nodded my head, pulling a beanie over my ears. I pushed my glasses up my nose.
“ Of course you will. Text me when you are leaving. Good luck.” I said to her as she ran over, giving me a hug and then running out, my mother calling her name. I smiled as she ran out. I sighed and flopped onto my bed, pulling my phone out I checked the time. 10:10am. I groaned, rolling onto my stomach. It was slightly weird as my phone vibrated.
Is it okay if I pick you up now? – Nick. I smiled.
That’s fine. Im bored anyway. – Casey. I jumped up, ran into my bathroom and started to brush my teeth. I was dancing around my room, to completely nothing. I laughed, spitting out my toothpaste. No one was in, so I skipped downstairs, into the kitchen and picked up two strawberry pop-tarts and took a bite out of one of them. I know I was odd with my eating habits.
“ CASEY?” A voice echoed through my house. I bounced to the front door and saw Nick standing awkwardly in my hallway.
“ Hey Nicky.” I said, taking another bite out of my pop-tarts. Nick smiled at me. I held one finger up to him, running into the living room and picking up my shoes. Shoving my feet into them, I smiled at Nick.
“ Ready?” He asked me, laughing. I nodded, picked up my keys and my phone, which I slipped into Nick’s back pocket. Closing and locking the door behind me, I followed Nick to his car.

“ So what’s this song called then?” Nick asked as he started his MUSTANG! I was sitting in Nick’s Jonas Mustang, any girl’s dream. I had trouble not screaming.
“ It’s called Tell Me Why. But you can’t hear it until everyone else does. And you can’t tell Kelsey.” I said, as Nick started to drive down the highway. Nick chuckled.
“ I promise you.” Nick said, which made me burst into laughter. Nick quickly glanced at me, his eyebrows narrowed and then turned back to the road.
“ I have a song called I Promise You.” I told him, so it made sense. Nick nodded.
“ Aah.” He replied. I smiled, turning around and staring out the window. I absentmindedly started to tap my finger against the window.
“ I think we should write a song.” Nick announced, making me jump. I turned to him, my mouth wide open.
“ Are you kidding?” I asked him, realizing that we were parked outside of his house. I stared at Casa la Jonas.
“ Whoa…” I mused to myself, as Nick ran around and opened my car door. I thanked him, still fascinated by the massiveness of this house.
“ Not what you were expecting?” Nick whispered in my ear. We both could see the paparazzi hiding in the bush.
“ No kidding.” I replied. Nick led me to the front door, his hand on the small of my back. Nick opened the front door for me and I got attacked by Joe.
“ HEY CASEY!” Joe screamed, throwing his arms around my waist, spinning me around. I giggled, giddily, as he put me back on the floor. I started to follow Joe and I tripped forwards. Nick’s arms went straight round my waist, picking me up.
“ Thanks.” I said, blushing. Nick chuckled.
” S’okay.”

I laughed as we walked into the kitchen, Nick’s arm still tight around my waist.
“ Hello again, Casey.” Denise said, walking over and giving me a kiss on the cheek. I smiled at her.
“ Denise, you’re house is amazing!” I told her. Denise laughed, and rolled her eyes.
“ It would be tidy if someone tidied his room.” Denise replied, glaring at Joe, who made a quick exit out of the room. We all started to laugh, and Denise followed Joe out of the room. Nick let me go and walked over to the fridge.
“ Diet coke?” He asked, holding up a can. I smiled and nodded.
“ Thank you.” I said, as he handed my can to me. We both sat at the kitchen counter, drinking our drinks. I could feel Nick’s eyes on me.
“ What?” I asked him, after minutes of silence. He laughed, nervously, and shook his head.
“ You’re really pretty you know.” Nick said, his face straight. I gave him a small smile and blushed.
“ Thanks.” I replied, taking a sip of my drink. Nick smiled back, taking a sip of his own. He got up and walked over to me, holding out his hand.
“ Wanna show us this song now?” He asked. I was mentally thanking him in my head, saving us both from this awkward silence. I took his hand and he ran upstairs, dragging me by my hand. I stumbled over all the steps in the way up.

Nick stopped outside a room and banged on the door.
” Kev, Get off Dani and come out here.” Nick yelled, continuing to bang on it. We both burst into giggles when we both took a sip out of our cokes.
“ What do you want, Nick? HEY CASEY!” Kevin yelled at me. I laughed at him, as he attacked me into a hug.
“ What is it with you Jonas’s boys and squeezing the hell out of me?” I asked Nick, as Kevin let me go.
“ Don’t worry. You get used to it, after a while.” A mysteries voice, im guessing was Danielle. Yes, I can use google. I smiled at her.
“ Case, this is my fiancé, Danielle. Dani, this is Casey Brooke.” Kevin introduced us. I smiled at her as she went to hug me.
“ Nice to meet you. I have heard a lot about you.” She said, nudging Nick’s arm. I smirked and looked at a bright red Nick.
“ I hope it’s all good.” I rubbed the back of my neck. Everyone laughed.
“ Only good.” She replied. Nick rolled his eyes.
“ Kev, you coming to listen to Casey sing this song then?” Nick asked. Kevin nodded, grabbing Danielle’s hand and dragging us into another room. Nick handed me an acoustic guitar and I sat down on the chair. Nick put his hands on either side of his mouth.
“ JOSEPH!” He yelled, scaring the hell out of me. I had one hand over my mouth, breathing heavily as Kevin and Danielle sat down, laughing at me. Joe, suddenly, burst into the room, grinning crazily. My eyes widened as Joe ran over to sit on the couch opposite me. I closed my eyes.
“ To me.” Nick whispered in my ear as he walked past. I nodded and started to play.

“ I took a chance, I took a shot. And you might think im bulletproof but im not. You took a swing, I took it hard, and from then ground I see who you are. Im sick and tired of your attitude, feeling like I don’t know you. You tell me that you love me, then cut me down. And I need you like a heartbeat, but you know you have a mean streak, makes me run for cover when you come around. And here’s to you, and your temper. Yes I remember what you said last night, and I know that you see what you’re doing me to me, don’t lie. You could write a book on, how to ruin someone’s perfect day. Well, I get so confused and frustrated; forget what im trying to say. Im sick and tired of your reason, I got no-one to believe in, tell me that you want me, then push me around. And I need you like a heartbeat, but you know you have a mean streak, makes me run for cover when you come around. And here’s to you, and your temper. Yes I remember what you said last night, and I know that you see what you’re doing me to me, don’t lie. Why do you have to make me feel small? So you can feel whole inside? Why, do you have to put down my dreams? So you’re the only thing on my mind. Im sick and tired of your attitude, feeling like I don’t know you. You tell me that you want me, then cut me down. Im sick and tired of your reason, I got no-one to believe in. You ask me to love you, and then push me around. And here’s to you, and your temper. Yes I remember what you said last night, and I know that you see what you’re doing me to me, don’t lie. Why tell me why. I take a step back, and let you go. Told you im not bulletproof, now you know.”

I put the guitar on the floor, tears running down my face. I made no noise, but Nick walked over to me, wrapping his arms around my body. He lifted me up and slid me onto his lap. I rested my head in the crook of his neck; just letting the tears run down my face. Joe, Kevin and Danielle walked out, leaving us alone.
“ Shh…it’s going to be okay.” Nick kept repeating, running his fingers through my hair. I shook my head.
“ No…it’s not Nick. She…is going to be…scared.” I mangered to say. I was crying so hard, I was making it impossible for myself to breath.
“ Stop crying, you are going to choke yourself.” Nick demanded. I took couple of deep breaths, and wiped my tears away quickly.
“ You alright now?” Nick asked, after a minute of silence. I nodded.
“ Im okay…Nick, thank.” I said, staring at his face. Nick smiled at me, not breaking eye contact.
” Your welcome.” He whispered, softly. I bit my lip as Nick slowly moved forwards into me. His lips brushed against mine, and I thought I melted on his lap. Nick’s eager lips pushed against mine and his hands went to either to both sides of my face.

“ We seriously need to stop doing that.” I breathed as we both pulled away. Nick looked at me.
“ Maybe we shouldn’t.” Nick replied. I bit my lip as we both stared at each other. Frankie suddenly burst into the room.
“ Nicky! I need your help on some schoolwork.” He screamed, making my jump off Nick’s lap as fast as I could. Nick jumped up and ran out of the room, following Frankie. I sighed, flopping back into the chair. Blowing my fridge out of my eye, I lied back on the chair, closing my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
:] Enjoy.
So How Badly Do You Want Them Two Together? :)
Casey's Outfit.
Song-Taylor Swift-Tell Me Why. :]