You Got Me Laughing While I Sing

Chapter Seventeen

We were all sat in Nick’s Mustang. Joe was singing along to the songs that were playing from the radio. I rolled my eyes at Nick.
“ How old is he?” I asked, laughing. Nick smiled, keeping all of his attention on the road.
“ 19! Sometimes I think he is 9.” Nick replied. I giggled as Joe hit Nick around the back of the head. We slowly started to pull up outside my house and I could see Leah and Kelsey playing in the front yard. I smiled and jumped out of the moving car.
“ KELSEY!” I yelled, running towards her and knocking the both of us to the floor.
“ Hey Case.” She breathed from underneath me. I grinned at her and then felt two arms snake around my waist and I was lifted off the floor. I saw Joe’s smiling face as he put me back onto the floor.
“ Hey beautiful.” Joe said to her. I smiled at the both of them, and walked over to Nick who was talking to Leah.
“ So what are you guys talking about?” I asked. Leah’s head shot around as she grinned at me.
“ SECRETS!” She yelled, sticking her tongue out at me. My eyebrows narrowed and I looked at Nick, who was rubbing his neck, nervously.
“ Leah, you know it’s wrong to keep secrets from your big sister.” I said, sternly. She grinned at me and tugged on my arm. I bent down to her height and she cupped her hands around my ear.
“ I’ll tell you later.” She whispered. I smiled at her and kissed her cheek. I looked at Nick, who seemed very annoyed with my little sister.
“ No way…” I said, looking Nick from his feet to his head. He suddenly blushed, pushing his hair out of his face.
“ Way!” Leah replied, high-fiving me. I grinned at her and walked towards Kelsey and Joe, who were lying on the ground. I lied next to Kelsey.

“ Joe asked me out.” She whispered in my ear. I squealed and Kelsey put her hand over my mouth.
“ Shut up!” She hissed at me. I laughed and stuck my tongue out at her. Suddenly, we all screamed as Leah’s body was flung across all three of us.
“ Aaaah!” I screamed, sitting up. Leah smiled at me, and kissed my cheek, climbing off all three of us. I burst into laughter as Nick helped me off the floor. I smiled and thanked him.
“ Shall we go inside and eat?” I smiled at everyone. Joe launched himself off the floor and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.
“ Im starting to like you a lot now, Case.” He said, smiling at me. I rolled my eyes at him, and tugged on Nick’s hand.
“ C’mon, Nicky!” I whined. He rolled his eyes at me, but followed us into the house.
“ Mum, Dad im home!” I sang, walking into the kitchen. My mum smiled at me over her shoulder, she was putting cookies in the oven.
“ So how was your day?” My dad asked me, as I walked over to kiss his cheek. My parents both said hi to Nick and Joe.
“ Pretty awesome. Me and Nick wrote a new song and im doing a duet with the boys.” I said, smiling at Nick.
“ So do we get to hear them then?” My mum asked. I scoffed.
“ You’re gunna have to buy my album.” I said, cockily. Kelsey shook her head, laughing.
“ Guys, can I talk to you?” She asked, rubbing the back of her neck. I gave her a half-smile and Me, Joe and Nick followed her up to our room. Kelsey walked over to my bed and sat on it, Joe joining her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. Nick and I went over and sat on my couch, Nick wrapped his arm around the back of it, and I leant on his shoulder.

“ Four months.” Kelsey whispered. I nodded at her, as Joe gave her shoulders a squeeze.
“ I know, Kels. What is happening in them four months?” I replied, looking at her. She smiled-ish.
“ Well, they said that he is too dangerous to go back onto the streets, so they are holding him in jail until the trial. But im going to be on tour with you, from February until the end of September. The police have spoken with your parent’s and Paul and Denise and the parents have decided that I have the 19 of June till the 21 off. Actually, we all do.” She told us in one breath. I pursed my lips.
“ And how do you feel about all of this?” Joe asked her. Nick leant down to whisper in my ear.
“ That’s love at first sight…” He mused. I looked up at him, my eyebrows narrowed. He opened his mouth to speak, when Kelsey cut him off.
“ I guess I have to be okay. There’s nothing I can do. Anyway, he deserves it.” She said, a slight smile on her face. Joe leant forward and kissed her forehead. I smiled at the scene, they were perfect together.
“ Perfect…” Nick whispered, making me shudder.
“ You cold?” He asked me. I shook my head.
“ Nope.” It’s just you Nick. Don’t worry.
“ Kelsey.” I called her. She tore away from her conversation with Joe to look at me.
“ Huh?” She said, like she was somewhere else. I smiled.
“ Im going to be there.” I told her. She gave me a massive smile and winked at me.

“ So what happened with you and Nick?” Kelsey asked me. We decided to move to the garden, and suddenly, both Jonas’s boys started to play Tag with Leah while me and Kelsey lounged around on the grass, watching them. I rolled my eyes.
“ Ohhh. Don’t start me on that again.” I rubbed my forehead as I spoke. Kelsey’s eyebrows narrowed as she stared at me.
“ What happened?” She grabbed my arm. I groaned through the pain.
“ Well…we kissed again.” I muttered. Kelsey burst into laughter so I smacked her in the stomach.
“ Oww! What would you do if I was pregnant?” She said. I stared at her then burst into laughter.
“ Like you would get pregnant. You’ve always said to me that you wanna be married and all of that.” I said to her. She nodded.
“ I know. I remember saying that. It was before you became Miss Famous!” She said. I laughed and pushed her lightly. Jumping to her feet, she trod on my stomach and started to run. I jumped up, running behind her.
“ Im gunna be famous, not forget about you!” I screamed at her, as we ran around the side of my house. I knew Joe and Nick were both chasing us, I could hear them laughing.
“ Like you could forget about me anyway! Im in your band.” Kelsey yelled back. I threw my arms up in the air and stopped running, making Joe and Nick both slam into me, a giant lump on the floor. I burst into laughter, even though Nick’s face was inches away from mine and Joe was lying on top of Nick, cutting all the air from my lungs.
“ I really really like you.” Nick’s lips moved along with the sound coming out of them.

A massive grin stretched across my face automatically.
“ Ditto.” I admitted. Nick grinned, with all of his teeth! I smiled as my stomach flipped over and over. Nicholas Jerry Jonas has just told me, Casey Lelia Brooke that he ‘really really’ likes me! And I feel like screaming!
“ Everyone off Casey! She is going to break something!” Nick announced. As Joe got off Nick, I took a massive breath.
“ Air! Oh I’ve missed you.” I said, as Nick picked me up. He laughed at me, and we both blushed.
“ If this is what it’s going to be like with you two, Im outta here!” Joe said, holding both hands up. Suddenly, there was a big crash from the sky. Looking up, raindrops hit mine and Nick’s entwined hand. It was a really cheesy moment as we both looked at each other and laughed.
“ Cheesy moment.” I muttered as we walked back inside, wet I might add. Joe shook his head, water droplets flying everywhere. I laughed as my mum walked from upstairs into the hallway, where we were dripping. She threw a towel at each of our heads.
“ Dry off. Change your clothes!” My mum demanded before walking back upstairs. I burst into laughter, drying my hair with the towel.
“ Lets go to my room and watch a movie.” I suggested. Kelsey grinned and the both of us ran upstairs, the boys chasing us, yelling our names.
“ Quick put The Notebook on before the boys come in!” I told her, as she made a jump for my DVD’s. The boys walked into my room, both of them confused as the other, finding Kelsey sprawled across my bedroom floor.

“ Which movie are we watching, Beautiful?” Joe asked Kelsey. I sniggered under my breath and walked over to the couch sitting down. Nick slandered over to me, dramatically falling onto the space next to me. He rested his head in my lap, and I ran my fingers through his hair.
“ The Notebook.” Kelsey smiled at Joe. Both boys groaned so I smacked Nick on the forehead.
“ Owwie. That hurt!” Nick pouted. I rolled my eyes at him.
“ Want me to kiss it better?” I replied, in a baby voice. Nick nodded his head, still pouting. I bent down and placed a small kiss on the middle of his forehead.
“ Much better.” He muttered, closing his eyes. I pushed down on his nose.
“ No sleeping! Watch the romantic movie with us.” I complained. Joe chuckled from over at my bed.
“ Hold up! How comes we get the couch and you two get my bed?!” I complained, sulking.
“ Because we are much cooler than the both of you!” Kelsey said, sticking her tongue out at me.
“ What? No you’re not.” I fought back. They both raised their eyebrows.
“ We are older than the both of you!” Joe said. My eyebrows narrowed.
“ And how does that make you much cooler than us?” I pointed at Nick. Joe chuckled as Kelsey ‘shh’ed us.
“ The movie is starting.” She hissed at us. I laughed and turned my attention to the TV attached to the wall.

We were up to the bit where Allie remembered that it was Noah. My eyes started to water up. I was a sucker for sad movies…
“ Hey, are you crying?” Nick whispered. We both knew that if we talked to loud, it wouldn’t be Kelsey yelling at us, it would be Joe, who seemed to be enjoying this movie.
“ It’s sad, okay Nick?” I muttered back to him. He smiled up at me and wiped away a tear.
“ Thanks…” I said to him, smiling. There was a knock at the door and my mum’s head poked out of no-where.
“ Boys, I think it would be a good idea if you stayed here for the night. The storm had gotten really bad, and I spoke to your mother and she said, she doesn’t want you two driving home. You are welcome to stay in Casey’s room…” My dad’s voice interrupted my mum.
“ Just as long as you don’t do anything!” He yelled. My mum rolled her eyes.
“ Thank you Mrs Brooke.” Nick said, from my lap. My mum smiled at him.
“ Elena.” She said, before leaving. Joe grinned at all three of us.
“ Whoop. Sleepover!” He said, excitedly. I rolled my eyes. I was so like my mum!
“ We call Casey’s bed!” Kelsey yelled. I smacked my forehead and went back to watching the movie.

When The Notebook had finished, around 5-ish, She decided that it was time to watch The Simpson Movie. I laughed at her choice. The movie finished and Kelsey and Joe were zonked out, cuddling up together. Nick had fallen asleep in my lap, so I moved his head off my legs and I got up, walking into Leah’s room.
“ Heya.” I said, sitting on her bed sheets. She smiled at me, looking up from her homework, which from my view seemed very boring, as she had drawn little piggys.
“ Wanna know the secret now?” She said, hopping onto the bed next to me. I nodded, and faced her, legs crossed. She held out her pinkie.
“ Promise you wont tell Nick?” She said. My eyebrows narrowed.
“ Why? What does it have to do with Nick?” I asked her. She rolled my eyes, all the girls in this family are like their mothers.
“ Promise?” She whined. I closed my eyes briefly and nodded. Linking my little finger with hers, I promised.
“ Well, Nick told me that he liked you, a lot.” She said. I sighed.
“ I know that!” I moaned. She laughed.
“ Let me finish. And he said your were beautiful and he wished you were his. It was kinda sickly.” She said, sticking her tongue out, disgusted. I giggled at her, and gave her a massive hug.
“ You are the best little sister in the whole world.” I said, kissing her cheek. She smiled at me as I let her go.
” I try.” She shrugged her shoulders. My eyebrows knitted together.
“ Hey, you should be in bed.” I poked her stomach. She laughed.
“ Im going.” She yawned, perfectly on time. I pulled back her bed sheets, and she climbed in. Kissing her forehead, she closed her yes. I walked out of the room; I turned out the light and closed the door. I walked back into my bedroom, grabbing a pair of sweats out of my closet and pulling them on in the hallway.

“ Heya.” The voice of Nick Jonas scared the hell out of me when I came back in. I threw my leggings into the washing bin.
“ I didn’t know you were awake.” I said, walking over to the couch and sitting down next to him. Nick rubbed his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair.
“ Yeah. You left me!” He sulked. I laughed and smiled at him.
“ Sorry Nicky. I wont do it again.” I said, giving him an awkward side hug. I rested my head on his shoulder.
“ Promise me you wont?” He said to me. I looked up at his face, and gulped, slowing nodding my head.
“ I promise, Nick.”

We had been sitting in silence for ages until Nick broke it.
“ What are you scared of?” He asked me, running his fingers up and down my arm. I was lying in his lap this time, dozing off.
“ What am I scared of? Everything. Failing. Death. Love. Life.” I told him.
“ Love? Why are you scared of love?” He asked. I shrugged my shoulders, pulling at the end of my t-shirt.
“ Because it hurts, Nick. Everyone wants to be happy, nobody wants to be in pain, but you can’t have a rainbow, without rain.” I said to him. Nick nodded, but you could tell he was somewhere else.
“ That’s what my mum always says.” I said, closing my eyes softly.
Love Hurts…
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Awww, Cute.
Everything In This Story Is Planned In My Head, So We Are Good To Go!
I Even Have The Sequal Description Saved To My Computer. ;]