Sequel: Forever and Always

All Your Sorrows Crumble in My Arms

All Things Must End . . .

Along with motherhood came gripping nightmares that had me jerking awake every night in a cold sweat. Matt, usually a heavy sleeper, had taken to sleeping very lightly although I offered to sleep in the baby's room. He reassured me with kisses, with snuggling grips that that wasn't necessary.

MC grew fast and Matt worked hard, both at the concrete plant and Avenged Sevenfold. Our baby's first smile, first laugh was reserved for the father he doted on, that came in late every evening, exhausted but exhilarated to have his son in his arms. His first word was a cuss word, "damnit", that both Matt and I said a lot. Drop something? "Damnit!" Get frustrated with each other? "Damnit, Matt!" or "Damnit, 'El!"

When Matt heard him say it, not long after he'd taken his first steps, he tried hard not to laughed and looked at me, "Should he be saying that?"

"Honestly, I can't see how it hurts. He doesn't know what it means." I reached over to lift MC
onto my lap, "He's just a mimicker right now."

"Like a chimp. Daddy's lil' monkey!" Matt's hands tickled MC's stomach. The baby laughed, squirming in my lap and hiding his face in my shoulder. Matt smiled, "So much like his momma."

"No, he's just sleepy. Playing with Uncle Zacky and Johnny wore him out. Wanna lay him down?" Matt rarely passed up the chance to spend one-on-one time with MC. The phone ringing distracted him though and he motioned for me to go on. When I had MC tucked in and came back, his head was buried in his hands. I stroked his arm, "Matt, baby?"

"Daniellea, a fire burned down the plant. I'm guaranteed my job back when it gets built back but as of now it's destroyed." Matt's eyes lifted, "How can we do this?"

"I'll take on more piano students."

"No! It's my responsibility, not yours, to pay the bills, to provide." There was that redneck pride again. He liked being the alpha male.

"Okay, shh. We'll figure it out. For now we have enough saving to get by for several months. Don't worry so." I climbed onto the couch and maneuvered myself into his arms.

They clung to me and his hand tilted my head up to drop hard, fervent kisses to my lips. I returned them heatedly, finding sweetness and comfort in the knowledge of where this was headed. Matt's skilled fingers pulled off my shirt, my bra before he picked me up to head into the bedroom. Slipping between my thighs, he let out a moan that was loud and lusty while pushing into me. I tightened my hold on him, sighing out my pleasure. His hips crashed to mine, burying him deep in me time and again, his thrusts starting out soft and slow and ending up much harder. His hand fisted into the sheets and he let out an almost primal noise as we both came. I slid my hands down his back, slick with sweat even as the too-tense muscles relaxed. His frustration ebbed away as we kissed and nibbled at each other. He rushed his lips against my cheek, let out a soft sigh. I reached up to play with his lip ring. He kissed my finger, his demeanor relaxed and thoughtful. As always, we had found solace from anger, frustration, and disappointment with each other. The power of his arms around me and mine around him soothed our sorrows and crumbled uncertain fears. Life, though wary and trouble-filled more often than not, took on a rosy glow when Matt held me and from the light in his eyes, I knew my love did the same for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So there it is. Message/Comment if you liked it or even if you hated it. L et me know why.