A Little Thing Called Magic

02.

The morning air was crisp and cold as I walked down the sidewalk. An eerie presence followed me everywhere. I turned around, but there was nothing there.

The school came into view. I started running when I heard the bell ring. I had five minutes to get my stuff from my locker and get to class. So, I really had to hurry.

I ran to my locker (ignoring the 4-foot-tall hall monitor that was telling me to walk) and threw my bag in. My Marilyn Manson poster greeted me. I grabbed my books and trapper keeper and slammed my locker shut. People passed me trying to get to their classes, slowing me down as I walked to mine.

My first class was chemistry. Today, we were finishing up our experiments. (Boring!) I had the absolute WORST partner in the whole class. She was a snobby, preppy cheerleader named Zoey. Everyone, ever her airhead cheerleader friends, were tortured by her. We had to bow down to her every single day, following her every command. No one even liked to think about what would happen if you didn't.

Zoey put everyone into categories, and we pretty much had to stay in them. There were the preps, jocks, airheads, dorks/nerds/geeks, skaters, crackheads, and my category, goth/emo. A few lunch tables were assigned to each group, and that's where we had to sit. No one, not even me, was brave enough to stand up to her. We all know that she could make our lives a living hell.

The chemistry teacher signaled for all of us to sit down. I walked to the table and angrily dropped my books on it. I loudly plopped onto my stool and scooted as far away from Zoey as I possibly could. Her head turned towards me, giving me the evil eye.

"Okay class! You all know what to do, so get to work!" our teacher said as she walked back to her desk to grade homework.

"So, Goth-girl, what do we do?" Zoey asked me. She looked me up and down, scoffing at my outfit and heavy black eye makeup.

"Combine the chemicals that are right in front of your plastic nose." I smiled, knowing that she was not happy with my insults. Nobody mentioned her facelifts. "Maybe if you spent less time trying to convert yourself into a doll, maybe you would have known that!"She glared at me, looking like she was about to explode. "Oh, and don't me mad at me because I have boobs, be mad because they're real!" I smiled, satisfied that my work here was done.

Zoey gave one final glare, then picked up the bottles. She picked up two at a time and dumped them all into the beaker. The beaker overflowed, spilling chemicals all over the table. "Oops, my bad. Why don't you go get some paper towels from the bathroom? Please?" Zoey put on her innocent face.

"As long as it gets me away from you." I muttered, standing up. Zoey sneered behind me. I walked over to the door and grabbed onto the handle. I felt eyes staring at my back. I turned around and saw Zoey standing there. "What do you want?" She had her eyes glued to me.

"Nothing! I'm waiting for the paper towels! Go, go!" Zoey said, shooing me away.

"Whatever." I said to myself. Time appeared to slow down as I opened the door. I wasn't quite sure what was going on as I felt the sweet stickiness pour onto me. I let out a shriek as the whole bucket dumped onto my head. Laughter filled my ears. I turned around and everyone in the class was standing there laughing at me. Zoey stood in the center of the group with a satisfied smile on her face.

"Yes, I rigged it to dump chocolate syrup all over you." Zoey said with a cruel smirk. "Wow, revenge really is sweet!"

Tears stung my eyes, but I refused to cry. I didn't know what else to do, so I ran. The hall flew past me as I made my way to the nearest exit. I ran faster than I ever had in my whole life. The doors flew open as my body struck them at full speed. I didn't bother slowing down. I ran down the sidewalk the rest of the way to my house.

I opened the front door slowly. I snuck inside and kicked my shoes off. I tiptoed up the stairs into the bathroom. I ran inside and quietly shut the door, hoping Yu and Romeo hadn't heard me. I slid the shower curtain open and sat down in the bathtub. I couldn't hold the tears back any more. I sat there, holding my knees to my chest, hugging myself. I was now crying uncontrollably.

No POV

Yu walked out of his room. He walked into the hallway, past Romeo's room, then the bathroom. He was about to walk down the stairs when he randomly stopped. "What's that?" He asked himself. There was the sound of crying from the bathroom. Yu backed up a bit and held his head to the door. There was definitely someone crying in there. "Romeo?!" Yu asked.

Romeo opened the door to his room and walked out. "What?" Yu was looking confused.

"Did you by any chance break the heart of another one of your one-night-stands?" Yu asked his brother.

"Um, no. Why?" Romeo said. Yu didn't answer but instead walked over to the door and started opening it.

Normal POV

Shit, I forgot to lock the door! I thought to myself. The door started opening. I heard footsteps.The shower curtain slid open and there stood Yu. "Star?" He asked.I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. "What happened to you?!"

"High school." I said quietly resting my head back down on my knees.

"It's okay, hun. Don't cry." Yu said squatting down next to the tub. He grabbed onto my hand and forced to stand up. He pulled me out of the tub so I stood before him. He wrapped his arms me and hugged me.

"No," I said pushing him away. Yu gave me a questioning look. "I don't to get you all sticky." I explained. Yu laughed.

"Don't even worry about it." Yu said hugging me again. I rested my head on his shoulder. I started crying again. He stroked my back making me feel a little better.

Suddenly I felt another pair of arms wrap around me. I looked up to see Romeo smiling at me. I hugged him back. "I'm done crying now. I think I'll take a shower."

"Awe, but we just started with the group hug." Romeo complained.

"Later Romeo." Yu said grabbing his arm and pulling him away.

I stripped my dirty clothes off and threw them on the floor. I stepped into the shower and turned the water on nice and warm. The chocolate washed off and ran down the drain.

When I was done with m,y shower, I stepped onto the rug. I wrapped myself in a towel. Then I realized what I forgot. "Um, Yu? Romeo?" I asked banging on the door. "I forgot my clothes! Help?"