Status: Completed.

I Just Keep On Falling

Sealed With A Righteous Kiss; The Rest Is Silent

Image
I whipped around, coming face to face with Ronnie himself. His cleaned-up image had gone just as quickly as it came and was replaced by the grime and dirt of the old Ronnie.

The crazed look in his eye, however, stood out more now than ever before.

“Pretty Abbie.” His feet slowly carried him closer to me. Craig’s wheezing breath became further more haggard as fear pumped through him. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Ronnie,” I breathed his name. Not quite sure if I should jump up and kill him for what he’s done, or allow myself to be a true coward and run away. I put myself so that I was protectively over Craig’s injured form, “What have you done?”

Ronnie smirked before reaching into his leather jacket and pulling out a small pocket knife, the blade of which was rusty and caked with dried blood. “Nothing that you wouldn’t have wanted, darling.”

I shook my head in confusion, feeling Crag grip lightly onto the back of my shirt, holding on as desperately as his lack of strength would allow. “I would never want this.” I said, “I would have never wanted this to happen to Craig.”

Ronnie’s eyes flared and his fist angrily punched the wall. “Craig, Craig, fucking CRAIG!” He flung the knife at random and it landed, thankfully, feet away from Craig and I. “It’s always fucking Craig with you! Is he all you fucking care about?” Quicker than I could react, Ronnie reached down and snatched my arm up in a vice grip, pulling me up to my feet. “You really need to learn some respect.” He growled before his hand struck my face; I would have fallen to the ground had he not been holding onto my arm so tightly.

I could hear my voice pleading over the sound of blood rushing in my ears. “Ronnie, please-”

I was cut off by a sharp smack to the face.

“Shut up!” He shouted, his grip on my arm, if possible, tightening even further. “Just shut the fuck up!” He began to shake me, the harsh vibrations reverberating throughout my body so violently that my head began to knock back and forth. “Do you know how much I love you?! Do you know how much I’ve done for you?!” he gestured down to Craig’s bleeding form. “Just look at what I’ve done for you!” he threw my shocked body to the ground and I landed beside Craig.

Before I could respond, Ronnie leaned above me, one foot on either side of my torso; that sick, nightmare-inducing smile of his only inches from my face, the knife dangling playfully in his fingers.

“Abbie, Abbie, Abbie… let’s play a game, shall we? Let’s play a game of truth. We must honest, now.” he wheezed. “I’m not foolish enough to ask if you love Craig, unfortunately, I know that answer…. What I want to know, would you be willing to give up your life… for him to live?”

My response came as natural as breathing. “Yes.”

“Of… fucking… course!” He growled like an animal. His hand wrapped around my jaw, forcing my eyes to lock with his.

And then, as quick as a breath, the knife was plunged into my gut. My eyes widened with shock as his clouded with pleasure. My hand came up to where the knife was intruding me, my fingers grazing his hand that was locked around the handle. His eyes reflected pleasure that had not been there when we had made love.

This was his euphoria, his high.

And I was paying the price in order for him to get off.

As he pulled the knife out of me, the blade sliced into my fingers and my hands fell away at my sides as he stepped away from me.

I stared blankly at the white ceiling, unable to decipher anything else.

I could feel Ronnie’s hands on my sides, lifting me.

The next thing I saw was Craig. Craig’s face. Ronnie had laid me on top of his nearly lifeless body. I could feel the cool wetness of his blood mixing with my newly spilt life.

“I love you enough to allow this.” Ronnie whispered from above us and after a few moments I could sense that he had left the room. Left us alone.

I looked down at Craig, his eyes slowly dimming. “Is this it?” I asked.

He nodded lightly.

“Did you mean what you said?” my voice was growing hoarse. “About being sorry?”

Again, he nodded.

“Do you love me?” I breathed.

My heart lifted when he, once again, nodded.

“I’m glad yours are the last eyes I’ll see.” He whispered.

Tears flowed down my face, mingling with his own the way our blood was mixing, I knew now, Craig and I are one.

“Kiss me,” I whispered, a silent beg.

Craig complied, his lips combining lightly with my own.

I was in heaven.

He remained locked with me, with my soul, for a few more moments before I felt the breath leave his body.

Craig was dead, and I was soon to happily follow.
Image
♠ ♠ ♠
So, that's it.
That's the end.
I'm sorry if some of you were disappointed with the ending. I always knew that it wasn't exactly going to have the happiest finale.
I hope you all liked this, though! You all mean the world to me, thank you so much for reading this!
xLeanne