Beautifully Broken

"You Deserve Better"

I didn’t want to have sex with her. I just wanted to know who she truly was. I couldn’t hold a conversation with her when she was shitfaced. I truly didn’t want to fuck her.

She was offended when I declined her offer.

“WHAT? AM I NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU,” she screamed launching her poorly aimed fists into my chests.

“No, you’re perfect. It’s just…I don’t want to take advantage of you.”

“Why not? Everyone else does,” she said tearing up.

“Not me,” I whispered.

Ashlee’s soft cries soon turned to large sobs and she collapsed on the floor drowning in her misery. She appeared to be unraveling. I laid her head in my lap and soothingly rubbed her back. Slowly she began to calm down and we just laid on the floor in silence. I wanted to keep her in my arms forever.

I form bonds too quickly. I am too passionate. I befriend others after hours and court them after days. I fall in love too fast.

She soon fell asleep. Carefully I carried her to my bed. She looked so damn frail. I wanted to shove a burger down her throat. Ugh, and her clothes! They were still damp from the winery fiasco. A girl this thin just couldn’t geo to bed in wet clothes; she’d be sick by morning. I placed her on the bed and made my way to the dresser to gather pajamas for her.

Wait. Should I undress her or wake her up? Fuck. I don’t want her to think I’m some kind of rapist. I closed my eyes and quickly pulled up her shirt.

“Please don’t…” she whined.

I froze as she continued to squirm.

“I’ll do anything you want just pleas don’t do that to me again.”

I backed away from the bed as Ashlee screamed in her nightmare. Maybe that’s all it was—just a nightmare. She couldn’t possibly be reliving something.

I approached her carefully and changed her despite her night terrors. She’d probably be rabid about me taking her clothes off but I had to make sure I took good care of her, even if it was just for this one night.

“I don’t deserve you” she whispered.

I kissed her forehead, “You deserve better.”