‹ Prequel: Love Bites
Sequel: Everlasting Love

Second Chances

Chapter 10

I signed with relief as I walked out of school; I just finished my finals, I have official finished high school.

“We’re free!” Mike cheered as he threw his arm around my shoulders; I chuckled and smiled at him.

“Thank God our finals are finished” Eric said walking on the other side of me.

“I know my baby aced them” Tyler said from behind us; he kissed my cheek before pushing Mike away from me, those two started to chase each other again. I rolled my eyes when Tyler used me as a shield; it didn’t look like Mike was going to stop in time so I put my hands up and placed them on his chest, that stopped him.

“Guys, be careful” Eric said grabbing my hand and pulling me away from Mike and Tyler. I laughed as we started walking towards our cars; but all four of us stopped in our tracks when we saw who was leaning against my car’s bonnet. My smile widened as I ran towards my boyfriend; Mike, Tyler and Eric were right behind me.

“Hi Jasper!” I said happily while I threw myself into his open waiting arms; my arms wrapped around his neck while his hands rested on my hips.

“Hello Alex, how did you’re finals go?” Jasper asked when I finished hugging him.

“Good thanks” I smiled before kissing his lips tenderly; Jasper returned the kiss with passion.

“So Jasper, are you planning on sticking around longer this time?” Tyler asked harshly.

“Tyler” I said shocked that he would be so rude.

“It’s fine Alex. Yes I don’t plan to leave Alex ever again” Jasper’s voice was hard, cold and dark. I said my goodbyes to the guys and hopped into my car; Jasper was sitting next to me with his fists clenched together tightly.

“Jazz, what’s wrong?” I asked looking over to him quickly.

“Your friends shouldn’t feel like that about someone they will never have” Jasper replied coldly.

“Just ignore them” I said lacing my right hand with his left hand.

“I will try for you” Jasper said kissing the back of my hand. We arrived at his house and walked in; Esme was waiting for us in the front room.

“How did you go sweetheart?” She asked eagerly.

“Pretty good” I smiled at her.

“That’s my girl” Esme said proudly pulling me into a tight hug.

“I have a surprise for you” She told me; she grabbed my free hand pulling me into the kitchen. Carlisle, Alice, Spencer, Emmett and Rosalie were standing around waiting for us; everyone congratulated and hugged me.

“Oh” I gasped smiling as Esme brought out a chocolate mud cake from the fridge.

“You shouldn’t have” I told the smiling Esme.

“Well it’s too late now, you’re going to have to eat it” Emmett smiled down at me. I sat at the dinning table with Jasper’s arm around the back of my chair; I was eating my big piece of cake when Bella and Edward walked into the house. Edward asked Carlisle if he could look at Bella’s hand; they walked into the kitchen and Bella sat across from me.

“What happened?” I asked looking at Bells hand.

“Your brother is what happened!” Edward snapped at me.

“Don’t talk to her like that” Jasper hissed at his brother.

“What did Jacob do?” I asked Bella ignoring Edward and Jasper.

“He kissed me so I punched him” Bella told me; Jake kissed her, ha! Wait, what?

“You punched my brother?” I said frowning; I felt the anger moving up my body.

“He kissed Bella! She had a right to punch him” Edward raised his voice slightly.

“I know that Edward. But I still don’t want people punching my brother” I said standing up; Jasper stood up as well.

“Well you’ll be glad that Bella didn’t do any damage to your precious brother” Edward growled quietly.

“Are you afraid of some competition?” I asked Edward raising me voice too.

“Ugh! You sound just like your brother Alex” Bella groaned snapping both Edward and I out of our little argument.

“And I am sorry about punching Jacob” Bella apologized.

“It’s fine” I reassured Bella but I was still glaring at her boyfriend.

“Edward, apologize” Bella told him sternly.

“I’m sorry Alex” He mumbled quietly.

“It’s fine, I know how Jacob can get sometimes” I said smiling gently.

“Eww, these graduation robes are so ugly” I complained as I walked down the stairs holding my robe in my hands.

“You just have to wear it for one night baby, anyways you’ll make the robe look amazing” Dad told me proudly; he was in the front room wearing a black suit that he hardly ever wears.

“Thanks Dad” I smiling kissing his cheek.

“Ugh!” Jacob groaned loosing his black tie; he was wearing black dress pants, a white button shirt and a tie. I kissed his cheek as he helped out Dad into my car; I drove while Jacob sat in the back. We arrived at Fork’s high shortly; Jacob helped Dad out as I put my ugly yellow robe and hat on, then Charlie drove into the car park. Charlie, Bella and Edward walked over to us; at least everyone was being civil towards each other.

I was walking with Jacob when I saw Jasper standing with Alice; I ran over to them and hugged them both but I kissed Jasper softly on his cold lips. Bella, Edward, Alice and I lined up in order of our last names; I was standing all by myself in the B section. All the students walked in and got seated; I was feeling so nervous but suddenly calm was overtaking my body, I smiled when I thought of Jasper helping me out. I listened to Mr. Greene as he spoke to quickly and then Eric’s speech, then the student’s names started to get called out by Mr. Greene.

“Alexandra Black” Mr. Greene said into his microphone; I smiled as I stood up and walked towards the stage. As soon as my name was called I heard extremely loud cheering; I looked to the back of the gym to see my family were standing up, cheering, clapping and smiling proudly. There was Dad, Jacob, Charlie, Sam, Emily, Jared, Kim, Paul, Embry, Quil, Claire, Seth, Leah and Sue Clearwater. I smiled as I watched all my class mates walking up onto the stage with me; Alice and Edward were graceful as always, Bella was trying her hardest not to trip or stumble and she was successful. As soon as my foot hit the gyms floor I was swept off my feet by two strong warm arms.

“Jacob” I giggled as my brother twirled me around in a tight hug; I hugged the rest of my family happily.

“Excuse me” I heard a deep southern voice say behind me; the pack glared at my boyfriend.

“Hi Jasper” I smiled wrapping my arms around his neck; his arms wrapped around my waist.

“I am so proud for you Alexandra” Jasper whispered into my ear.

“Thank you” I whispered back to him.

“I’ll let you get back to you’re family. I will see you soon” Jasper said quietly brushing his fingertips across my lips gently. I smiled as I turned back to my family; the pack rolled their eyes but Emily, Kim and even Claire were smiling at me.

“Let’s get out of here!” Paul yelled loudly and throwing his fist in the air; everyone laughed and started walking through the crowd. I squealed when Jacob and Sam lifted me onto their shoulders; I gripped their shirts tightly so I wouldn’t fall, but I laughed as people stared at us when we walked past everyone. Sue took Dad and Claire home while everyone else stayed; we gathered around Sam’s car that was parked next to mine, he opened the boot to his car to reveal a load of food and drinks. We blasted my stereo and had a little party of our own right in the car park; we eat, drank, talked, laughed and danced.

“Alex” Jacob called me when Leah turned the music down; Jacob reached his hand over to me so I grabbed it.

“This present is on behalf of everyone here, along with Dad, Claire and Sue” Jacob said smiling down at me; he handed me a square box wrapped in silver paper.

“You didn’t have to” I mumbled but I unwrapped the paper and opened the black box.

“Oh wow!” I gasped as I saw a silver chain with 8 little wooden wolf charms hanging around the whole bracelet; each wolf was painted exactly like the real wolf.

“Thank you so much!” I squealed happily; I hugged each of my brothers and my sister.