‹ Prequel: Love Bites
Sequel: Everlasting Love

Second Chances

Chapter 12

I couldn’t fall asleep at all; I didn’t even get tired, I was too anxious and stressful to sleep. It seemed like a few minutes had past when Jasper whispered in my ear; it was time to get to the clearing. I signed as I walked into the living room to see everyone was waiting for Jasper and I; Jasper gently placed me on his back before we all took off running, we arrived at the empty clearing quickly. I slid off Jasper’s back looking around at the forest; I didn’t want the wolves involved in this but they were stubborn and loved a fight, I knew there wasn’t anything I could say or do to change their minds.

Edward arrived shortly after us with Bella on his back; they were talking while they walked towards us, Alice was pouting slightly, so the wolves must be close now. I frowned as I watched Jasper stretching his arms like he was getting ready to exercise; when Jasper felt my bad mood he looked over to me and smiled that dazzling smile, the smile I loved and I felt calm fill my body. Suddenly the Cullen’s formed a line; Jasper softly pushed me behind his body, I rolled my eyes at his back.

“Damn” Emmett muttered quietly; I smirked to myself. No one knew that the pack had grown, well everyone apart from me anyways.

“What is it? I can’t see” Bella whispered.

“The pack has grown” Edward murmured to Bella; I smiled widely as I watched all ten of my wolves walk out from the darkness of the forest.

“Welcome” Carlisle said in his calm smooth voice; he took a step forward as he greeted the wolves.

“Thank you” Edward said clearly reading Sam’s mind. Carlisle spoke with Sam for about another minute; then Jasper took a step forward, first he spoke to his family then to the wolves. I could easily tell that Jasper hated all this attention that was thrown onto him; he also wasn’t that comfortable the wolves.

“Emmett will try to catch me” Jasper said while Emmett stepped forward; Emmett was excited and his smile was huge as he charged at Jasper, it was hard to see them both as they moved around the clearing as fast as they could. In the end Jasper had caught Emmett who cussed. Edward wanted to have his turn but Jasper said that he wanted to show Bella and I something first; Alice danced her way into the clearing.

It was like Alice wasn’t even moving but then my eyes focused closer and found that Alice was easily dodging Jasper; I looked over to Spencer who was smiling proudly at his mate. Everyone took their turns fighting Jasper; some were hard to watch like Esme and Edward, I found myself stepping forward every now and again when Edward got to close to Jasper.

“We will be practicing again tomorrow night; you are more then welcome to come” Jasper told the wolves as he walked backwards towards me.

“Yes, we will be here” Edward said reading Sam’s mind.

“I think it would be good if we get familiar with your scents” Edward asked Carlisle for Sam.

“Yes, whatever will help you” Carlisle responded; Sam was the first to walk forward, the other wolves slowly followed. They all started to take in the Cullen’s scents; Sam was the first one to reach me, but Jasper gently pushed me behind his back again. That didn’t stop me through; I quickly stepped next to Jasper so I could greet my family.

“Hey Sam” I whispered happily; I rubbed the top of his head knowing that he hated me doing that, he growled playfully at me shaking his head away from my hand. Jasper and the Cullen’s took Sam’s growl the wrong way; they all tensed up and Jasper stepped in between Sam and I.

“Jazz its fine, Sam was just playing” I said calmly; everyone apart from Jasper calmed down, I pulled Jasper back next to me. I greeted the rest of the wolves the same way; apart from Leah who I didn’t pat. I lingered on Jacob when he stood in front of me; he nudged my stomach with his nose, I giggled as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Eww Jacob!” I squealed as he licked my cheek; I pushed his chest but of coarse he didn’t move. Jacob along with the rest of the pack started barking in laughter; I playfully glared at them all. I watched as the pack ran back into the forest; I stepped forward as I watched Jacob walk back out in his human form, I smiled as I ran up to him.

I threw myself into his open arms; we laughed as Jake twirled me around, Jacob wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walked back towards the Cullen’s. We stood in front of Bella, Edward and Jasper; Jacob started talking to Edward, they were ignoring Bella and I but they were clearly talking about us. They were discussing where Bella and I should stay while the fight is going on; Charlie will be with our Dad, there’s a game on this Saturday so that’s easy.

“Wait their coming this Saturday?” Bella and I asked together; Bella complained about her graduation presents going to waste. They talked for a while longer until Jacob came up with an idea; if Jacob or any wolf carried Bells and I then it would disguise our scent, making it harder for a newborn vampire to follow. Edward called Emmett over to help us out; Jacob ran with me first and Emmett couldn’t follow us, then Jacob ran with Bella and the thing happened.

“Go Jake!” I smiled holding out my fist; my brother smiled placing his fist against mine. Again Edward and Jacob talked about how to keep Bella and I safe; Jasper wrapped his arms around my chest protectively as I leaned my back onto his chest, I know this is important but I was getting slightly bored.

My attention snapped to Jacob when I heard him talking about Seth; the pack was trying to kept Seth out of the fight, he was going to stay with Colin and Brady who were to young but Seth is stubborn and he’s refusing. Jacob’s idea was that Seth stay with Bells and I in his wolf form; he could protect us if needed and he would be connected to the pack. I gave Jacob a big hug and kissed his cheek before he ran into the forest again; I told him that I would see him later. Jasper gently placed me on his back before running back home with his family; Edward took a sleepy Bella home as well.

Jasper carried me to his room; I slid off his back and changed into my pajamas, I climbed into Jasper’s bed as fast as I could. Jasper made sure I was warm enough before laying down next to me; he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist pulling my warm body closer to his cold body, I rested my head on his chest just as sleep overtook my body.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments!