‹ Prequel: Love Bites
Sequel: Everlasting Love

Second Chances

Chapter 14

I never thought Dad was going to let me leave our house; I was suppose to be driving over to the Cullen’s house right now but I was still at home, Dad was giving me a long lecture about being safe, listening to what I’m told, being carefully, to come home alive, etc. He then pulled me onto his lap for a big tight hug; after that I was finally in my car.

I drove extra fast towards the Cullen’s house; but I slowed down when I saw Charlie driving towards me; we smiled and waved at each other and then I sped up again. I knew the newborn vampires wouldn’t see me but I was still shaking with fear and nerves as I drove through Forks. I parked my car in the Cullen’s garage and I smiled when I saw Alice and Bella talking.

“Hey” I said as cheerfully as I could.

“Alex!” Alice danced over to me pulling me into a tight hug.

“Hi Alex” Bella greeted nervously.

“Has something happened?” I asked quickly.

“Yes but it’s nothing to do with the fight” Alice replied looking straight at Bella.

“Bells what’s going on?” I asked frowning at my best friend.

“Edward asked me to marry him and I said yes” Bella said quickly; it was so fast that it took me a minute to understand what she said.

“Oh my God!” I squealed happily; I threw my arms around her for a hug, she chuckled hugging me back.

We make our way back into the house; the tension was thick in the air as everyone was getting ready. As soon as I saw Jasper I hugged him as tightly as I could; he also hugged me tightly but not enough to hurt me, he told me the plan again before giving me a black backpack. I changed my stuff from my bag into the bag that Jasper gave me; I hugged and wished everyone luck before Jasper lead me into the kitchen for some alone time.

“You’ll be careful and come back to me?” I asked with worry written over my face.

“I promise I’ll come back to you” Jasper said pulling my body closer to his closing the gap between us.

“Don’t do anything that will get you hurt” I told him firmly.

“I won’t” He promised me quietly.

“I love you Jasper Hale” I whispered looking up into his liquid gold eyes.

“I love you more Alexandra Black” Jasper whispered back to me; he leaned down molding his cold lips onto my warm lips. I was starting to feel dizzy from all the affection, enthusiasm, passion and love that was coming from Jasper’s kiss; I counted his emotions by deepening our kiss.

“Alex, we have to go now” Jasper whispered in my ear when I wouldn’t let him go; I looked into the eyes that I love and signed. I put my backpack on and climbed onto Jasper’s back; we followed Edward and Bella until we reached the place where Jasper had to leave me.

“I’ll see you before you know it Alex. I love you, never forget that” Jasper told me quietly before running back to his house.

Edward pointed Bells and I in the right direction and we started our hike; Edward was a few yards away from us but we could still see and hear him. Bella and I touched the trees and plants so our scent was stronger along the path; Bella ended up tripping and cutting her hand but other then that the hike was good but boring. We finally reached the spot where we were meeting Jacob and Seth; I hugged them both when I saw them walk out of the forest in their human forms, Edward told Jacob the way to go before he took off. I knew Bella is going to hate having Jacob carry her but she’s get over it; I saw Bella look over to Seth and frown when she saw that he was already carrying my bridal style.

Jacob and Seth starting jogging; I talked to Seth non-stop for this part of the trip, I liked this part because not only did I not have to walk but I had Jacob and Seth to keep me company, mainly Seth through because Jacob was talking to Bella. I was just glad that I could spend a little time with my big brother before he ran off to fight in a bloody war to protect me; I was also glad that Seth was staying with Bells, Edward and I, at least I had one brother with me. We made it to our clearing and saw that our tent was already up and ready; at least Edward listened to my one request. I asked him to get a big tent so Seth could fit in his wolf form; I wasn’t going to make him stay outside at nighttime, I asked Jacob to come in as well but he refused saying something about the smell.

Seth was more then happy to stay in the tent so he could keep Bells and I warm if we got cold. Bella and I set up our stuff as soon as we could; we wanted everything ready for us before the night and the storm hits. Both Jacob and Seth ran into the forest so they could phase into their wolf forms; Jacob and Seth used Edward as a translator so Bella and I knew what was happening all the time. Jacob had told Edward to tell me to put on another thick jacket; Edward helped me when I struggled to get my arms through the arm holes, that made Jacob growl quietly from outside our tent. I was wearing so many layers of clothes that I lost count; I felt like a marshmallow, it was getting slightly harder to move and that was all thanks to Dad, Jacob, Jasper and the pack.

I woke up to the sounds of Jacob snorting softly; Seth was staring at me with his dark wolf eyes, I smiled at him as I yawned and stretched my body, and I giggled quietly when Seth licked my cheek for his morning greeting.

“Morning Edward” I said quietly so I wouldn’t wake up Jacob or Bella.

“Good morning Alex” Edward replied; he smiled but it was forced. I grabbed some food from my backpack before walking outside with Seth behind me; it was slightly warmer in the sun but the wind was still a little cold. Seth found a dry spot of grass and we both laid down again; I leaned on Seth’s hot body to keep myself warm while I ate the dried up food. Suddenly we heard shouting and the tent shook; Edward and Jacob were both growling at each other, Seth leapt to his feet growling as well.

“Stop it! Stop it now!” Bella shouted over the loud growling; I stood up as well watching the tent anxiously.

Things quieted down in the tent but the air around us all as still tense; suddenly Jacob stepped out of the tent, he motioned for me to be quiet and stay where I was. I was confused at first but then I realised what he was doing; he was listening to Edward and Bella’s conversion, I frowned as I started to make my way over to him but Seth grabbed my jacket in between his teeth, and stopping me from moving. I was already close enough to the tent that I could hear the conversion that was going on; anger and rage started to fill my body as I heard what was being said, this would hurt Jacob and Edward knows that. I shut my eyes when Jacob started to undress; my eyes opened when I heard his tortured howl, I have only heard that howl once before and that was when Paul phased near me.

I took a step forward when Jacob ran off into the forest; I wanted to go after him so bad but Seth wouldn’t let me and I knew in the back of my mind that I couldn’t go see if my brother is alright. Seth pulled me down into a laying position; he gently placed one arm around my back in comfort. I glared darkly at both Edward and Bella as the walked out of the tent; Edward ran off to find Jacob and Bella starting pacing, she didn’t met our gaze and I was glad she was feeling bad, you hurt my brother and you’re in my bad book. Seth suddenly jumped to his feet and stood protectively in front of me.

“It’s just us Seth” Jacob called from the forest; I smiled when I heard his deep voice.

“There’s a bit of a complication so I’m going to take Seth and straighten it out” Edward told everyone; Seth walked away quickly with Edward by his side, I already had my iPod playing and my head was resting on my folded arms, I was laying on my stomach so I couldn’t see Jacob or Bella.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!