‹ Prequel: Love Bites
Sequel: Everlasting Love

Second Chances

Chapter 15

I was laying on Seth’s back just outside the tent; I was listening to Seth’s whimpers and Edward replaying what was being seen from one of the wolves. Bella and I matched our breathing to Seth’s so when he suddenly stopped so did we; suddenly Edward ripped the tent apart holding Bella in his arms, and I tighten my grip on Seth’s neck as he took of running behind Edward. What the hell was happening? Edward swiftly but gently threw me onto his back; I tightened my grip on him now.

“Go Seth” Edward whispered firmly and Seth turned to run through the forest.

I squealed quietly when Edward pulled me off of his back; my back made contact with the cliff wall, Bella was next to me and Edward was crouching protectively in front of us, he somehow managed to cover both of us.

“Who’s coming?” I whispered my eyes scanning the forest in front of us.

“Victoria and she’s not alone” Edward hissed quietly; I felt fear filled my body and I wished Jasper was here with me, Bella and I moved closer together.

My body started to shake slightly from fear as I watched two vampires walk gracefully out of the forest; Victoria was walking with a blonde boy, he couldn’t be an older then Bella and I, from how bright his red eyes were I was guessing that he was turned not that long ago. Victoria’s eyes kept flicking between Bella and I; she finally had what she wanted, she had Bella and I. My eyes never left Victoria’s black eyes; not even when Edward started talking to Riley, the other vampire.

Victoria was getting ready to leap at Bells and I when we heard an angry snarl come from nowhere; it wasn’t from Edward or Riley or Victoria. I saw a tan blur fly towards Riley knocking him down; Victoria’s baby like voice cried out in anger. From the corner of my eye I saw Riley kick Seth’s shoulder; my stomach churned when I heard the loud cracking sound and that made the rage flood my body again. Edward started to move from side to side in front of Bella and I; he was reading Victoria’s thoughts so he was moving a second before her. Edward also started talking to Victoria; then they would snarl and growl at each other too. Seth was fighting Riley; sometimes Seth had the upper hand but then so would Riley, I would do anything if I could help right now, I didn’t care if I helped Seth with Riley or Edward with Victoria.

Suddenly I watched as Riley kicked Seth in the chest; Seth crashed into the stone wall ten feet above Bella and I, Seth fell onto the hard ground and didn’t move. I didn’t notice the stone fragments falling down on me; I didn’t see Bella grabbing a shape piece of the stone in her hand and squeeze it as tight as she could, and I barely heard her gasp. All I saw was red! I was fuming and my blood was boiling with rage and anger. I was just about to leap towards Riley when Edward threw Victoria into a tree; he then twirled around throwing Riley away from us, Edward threw Victoria through another tree which broke in half and Seth jumped up and hurdled himself at Riley. Riley tried to fight back but Seth ripped his other arm off; I watched as Seth shook his head flinging the arm into the forest, Seth began circling Riley again.

Riley was now unbalanced and Seth took advantage of that; Seth charged at Riley hitting his chest with so much force that it knocked them both into the forest. I could hear Riley’s plead for Victoria to help him but she didn’t even move; all I could hear was Riley’s screams and the sound of stone being torn apart. My eyes flickered over to Edward and Victoria; the look in Victoria’s eyes was one of disappointment and frustration, she wasn’t going to kill us today and by the look on Edward’s face she was never going to come near Bella or I ever again.

“No don’t go” Edward smirked when Victoria started to back away; but Edward was faster and he caught her unprotected back, he quickly finished her off.

When I came back to my senses I grabbed the rock from Bella’s hand and threw it away; this caught her attention and we stood there just staring at each other. We were soon engulfing each other in a long tight hug; the relief and happiness was flooding between us as we realised that it was all over now. We slowly made our way over towards Edward and Seth; they had a fire going and were making sure all the body pieces were getting picked up.

“Well done partner” Edward said after all the body pieces were burning; Edward held his fist out and Seth placed his nose against Edward’s fist.

“No!” Edward gasped his eyes flicking straight over to me.

“What?” I asked in a whisper but I didn’t get an answer before Edward was already placing me onto Seth’s back; Seth took off into a sprint so fast that I had to close my eyes.

It didn’t take me long until I smelt another fire burning; it wasn’t the normal fire smell, it was different because vampire body pieces were burning. We came to a stop shortly after that first smell of smoke; I opened my eyes and saw the Cullen’s, I signed in relief as I saw Jasper standing there by himself. I slid off of Seth and ran as fast as I could towards Jasper; I threw myself into his open welcoming arms, I buried my face into his hard chest.

“Thank God you’re here! Are you hurt?” I asked stepping back running my eyes over his body.

“I’m perfectly fine Alex” Jasper said cupping my face with his cold hands; something was wrong, I could tell by his tone.

“What’s wrong?” I demanded looking up at him; I frowned when he didn’t say anything.

I felt the fear attack my body again as I looked around the clearing; Carlisle was standing with Esme, Rosalie and Emmett were watching a… newborn vampire! My eyes widen when the girl stared at me; I tore my eyes away from her bright red eyes, Alice was standing with a hissing Spencer. I saw a bite mark on Spencer’s arm; he was bitten but he seemed fine, Jasper was in front of me and Seth was behind me. I gasped when I realised what Jasper wasn’t telling me.

“Who?” I demanded stepping away from him; tears were already forming in my eyes.

“He’s only hurt, he will heal” Jasper whispered softly.

“Tell me who?” I demanded louder when Jasper didn’t answer me correctly; it was one of my brothers, I just didn’t know who.

“I’m so sorry Alexandra” Jasper whispered stepping towards me but I counted him by stepping back again.

“No, no, no, no, no” I breathed out my tears quickly falling; I felt Seth walked beside me.

“It’s Jacob” Jasper said softly and quietly; I got back onto Seth’s back tightening my grip around his neck before we took off again but this time we were going home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!