‹ Prequel: Love Bites
Sequel: Everlasting Love

Second Chances

Chapter 2

It’s bright and early on a Saturday morning; normally I would still be fast asleep but I’m not, I’m sitting in my car driving to the Cullen’s house. I have my stereo blaring as usual; my driving is over the speed limit but that’s normal for me, and I’m getting stared at by people when I fly past them but I’m used to that. I slow down a fraction as I turn into the Cullen’s long dirt driveway; my foot didn’t ease off the accelerator as I drove up the Cullen’s driveway, I always enjoyed speeding up their driveway and I was enjoying myself now.

I came into the view of their stunning house and went to park in my normal spot; but I had to slam the brakes on because Jasper was standing in my car spot with his arms crossed over his chest. My car skidded to a stop a few feet from Jasper; my heart was racing from the shock, now I needed to see if my brakes were damaged or loose. I knew that if my car hit Jasper he would be completely fine but my car wouldn’t; and that’s what I was worried about. I swallowed while I stepped out of my car; Jasper didn’t look happy at all, he hated the way I drove and the speed I drive at.

“Hey Jazz” I said sweetly; I walked over until I was right in front of him.

“How many times have I told you not to drive like that?” Jasper said through his teeth.

“I’ve lost count” I muttered rolling my eyes.

“Alex I’m being serious” Jasper frowned looking down at me.

“I know you are but you don’t have to worry about me or my driving” I told him.

“I’m always going to worry about you Alexandra, but you don’t help ease that worry when you drive like that” Jasper said letting his arms fall to his sides.

“I would drive better as a vampire, so make me one and we’ll both be happy” I said looking into his beautiful golden eyes.

“No” Jasper said coldly; I frowned at him then turned and walked into his house. Everyone greeted me as usual but this time Bella was there; we hugged each other with huge smiles on our faces.

Since Bella was grounded we only saw each other at school; we talked on the phone but it wasn’t the same as seeing my best friend. I walked into the living room not bothering to see where Jasper was; I sat on the couch in between Emmett and Spencer who were watching a baseball game on TV. Rosalie and Alice were sitting on another couch talking to each other; I had no idea where Edward, Bella, Esme and Carlisle were, from the corner of my eye I saw Jasper sit on a couch by himself.

When Emmett and Spencer’s yelling started to get too loud I walked into the kitchen; I got a glass of water and turned around so I could sit at the dinning table, but Jasper was standing right in front of me. I gasped and jumped making the glass fall from my hands; in a flash Jasper bent slightly catching my glass, he smirked when he held in out for me to take. I glared taking my glass from his hand and walked over to the kitchen table; I sat down and felt wind blow over me, I looked to my left to see Jasper sitting next to me.

“I’m sorry about before, I just don’t want to see you get hurt again” Jasper said softly; his fingertips brushing across my cheek and lips.

“I know but I’m not going to get hurt” I signed enjoying the feeling on Jasper’s touch. I smiled when I saw Jasper leaning closer; my eyes fluttered shut when our lips connected, my heart started racing, a blush covered my cheeks and my mind went blank. I bit my lip when Jasper pulled away; I opened my eyes to see his were smoldering so I quickly placed a peck on his lips. I sipped my water when I saw the newspaper on the table; I placed my glass down and reached over and grabbed the paper, I read the first page and was slightly shocked to hear that someone was going on a killing spree in Seattle.

“You shouldn’t read that love” Jasper said taking the paper from my hands.

“Why? It’s just some psycho in Seattle” I shrugged my shoulders; I grew worried when Jasper looked down at the table.

“Jasper?” I whispered placing my hand over his; soon I felt calm pushing away my worry.

“It’s not a human doing this” Jasper murmured finally looking at me.

“It’s a vampire?” I frowned; Carlisle told me that vampires don’t kill this many people in this amount of time.

“It’s a newborn vampire, Alex” A calm voice came from the kitchen’s doorway; Carlisle was standing there with Esme beside him, and Edward and Bella behind them.

“What’s a newborn vampire?” I asked them; I didn’t care who told me but I wanted to know.

“A newborn vampire is a newly turned vampire. In their first year their different to other vampires; they so much more dangerous, their stronger, their senses are clearer. When they fight their brutal; their hunger is worse and more overpowering, and they will hunt more often” Edward explained to both Bella and I.

“So is it just one newborn?” I asked was I watched Spencer, Alice, Emmett and Rosalie enter into the kitchen.

“No we think there might be a group of them; there has to be a group and someone has to be creating them” Jasper said his attention was still on me.

“Who’s making them?” I asked looking over to Jasper; he turned his hand over so he could lace out fingers together.

“We’re not sure just yet” Alice said looking at the ground; she couldn’t see who was making them? But that’s impossible.

“What are you going to do?” Bella asked looking around the room.

“There isn’t anything we can do Bella, the Volturi should interfere soon enough” Carlisle said calmly.

“What if they don’t interfere? Are we in danger?” I asked concerned.

“I’m not going to let anything happen to you Alex, I promise” Jasper told me tightening his grip a little.

“We aren’t going to let anything happen to anyone” Emmett said. I quietly excused myself and walked up to Jasper’s room; I needed room to think about what I had just heard. I sat on Jasper’s bed putting my head in my hands; I felt arms pulling me onto someone’s lap, I looked up into the eyes that I could stare at forever and never get tired of them. Jasper kissed my lips with passion and love; he pulled away too soon and left me wanting so much more, I watched as Jasper’s now dark gold eyes turned back to their light gold colour.