‹ Prequel: Love Bites
Sequel: Everlasting Love

Second Chances

Chapter 4

“So have you guys sent out our announcements yet?” Angela asked at lunch.

“Yeah I just had to send one to my Mum” Bella said; I looked over to her to see her shrugging her shoulders.

“Alex, what about you?” Angela asked looking at me this time.

“Um, yeah I’m done” I nodded slowly; I had sent mine yesterday, well I didn’t really mail them I just gave them to people.

I only had friends from La Push anyways and I knew at least Jasper would be there; I didn’t really think he needed a piece of paper telling him about it. Everyone talked throughout lunch; I was leaning back in my chair, my feet were resting on one of the tables legs so I could keep my chair up and resting on the two back legs, I was munching on a packet of chips while I was talking to Alice and Angela about what we should do with Bella to celebrate her un-grounding.

I was walking with Edward and Bella to the car park after school; I was shocked when Edward started talking to Mike, they never talk!

“I just replaced the battery, I have no idea what’s wrong with it” Mike told Edward about his car problems.

“Well I know a little bit about cars, why don’t I have a look for you?” Edward offered; all our eyes widened.

“Thanks but I have work now so maybe another time” Mike said still in shock.

“Why don’t you drop around my place after work and I could have a look at your car?” I offered; Edward smiled slightly but Mike’s smile grew and grew.

“Yeah that would be prefect, thanks Alex” Mike said while I wrote my address on his hand. I arrived home to see the pack just walking up the driveway; I hopped out of my car and hugged anyone.

“Dad my friend Mike Newton is coming around sometime tonight so I can fix his car, alright?” I asked Dad; as soon as I said Mike’s name the pack were in the kitchen where Dad and I were.

“That’s fine sweetie” Dad smiled at me and we both rolled our eyes when we saw the disapproving looks on the guy’s faces.

“We’re going to be there” Jacob told me sternly.

“Fine” I signed shaking my head; their all so over protective of me. The guys and I went outside to muck around after dinner; the guys were taking turns fighting playfully, I just watched them laughing and cheering them on.

“Alex! Baby, you’re friend is here” Dad called from the back door; I turned around to see Mike standing on the back porch, his eyes were wide and he was staring at Jacob and Jared who were messing around.

“Hey Mike” I said standing up; all the guys stopped and looked at Mike.

“Hey Alex” Mike stuttered tearing his eyes from my brothers to me.

“So lets get your car in our garage then” I said smiling; we walked around to the front of my house and got into Mike’s car, I told him where to park and we hopped out. My brothers were already waiting for us in the garage; I stuffed a rag in my jeans for wiping my hands and I grabbed my toolbox.

“Oh sorry Mike; this is my brother Jacob, our friends Sam, Embry, Quil, Paul and Jared. Guys this is my friend Mike” I introduced everyone; I pointed the guys out when I said their names.

“So Mike, what’s exactly is wrong with you’re car?” Jacob asked.

“Umm… I’m not really sure” Mike said quietly; I nudged Jacob when I saw him roll his eyes.

While Jacob and I worked on Mike’s car the guys decided to show off and scare Mike by mucking around again; this time in the garage but they made sure to move everything out of the way, they know better then to mess with my garage. Mike really did looked scared of the guys and I couldn’t blame him; they were all tall and had muscles, which you could see clearly because they weren’t wearing shirts. Mike took to standing close to his car; he did try to stand near me but Jacob stopped him by standing in between us glaring at him.

“There you go Mike, your car is all fixed” I smiled wiping my hands clean on the rag.

“Great, thanks Alex. What was wrong with it?” Mike asked looking at me.

“The spark plugs needed to be changed and the engine bolts were a bit loose” I told him pointing around the engine.

“Well thanks again Alex” Mike said before driving away.

“You guys are so mean” I glared at my brothers.

“What?” They said together looking innocent.

“You tried to scare him away and you did just that” I said in my disapproving tone.

“Yeah well you’re our baby sister, it’s our job to protect you” Sam said ruffling my hair.

“Sam” I wined quickly fixing my hair.

“He’s right Als” Jared said pulling me into a hug.

“Quil!” I squealed when he tackled me into a hug; we fell to the ground and the guys jumped on top of us gently.

“Off” I whined trying to push them off of me; they all laughed but quickly stood up so Embry could help me up.

“Go Embry!” I laughed jumping onto his back; I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist, he placed his hands under my thighs.

“I might be a werewolf but I’m not your dog Alex” Embry said walking at his normal speed; loud laughter erupted from the guys and I chuckled as well. I really did love all my brothers; there isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for them. I know they all feel the same way about me; ever since Jacob first phased in front of me I have been like a member of the pack. They watch over me all the time and protect me from everything; they see me as their real little sister.