‹ Prequel: Love Bites
Sequel: Everlasting Love

Second Chances

Chapter 6

Today I drove to the Cullen’s as usual; I even slowed down slightly when I turned into their driveway and I didn’t drive up the driveway as fast as I normally do. I thought I would make Jasper happy because he was going hunting with Carlisle, Emmett, Spencer and Edward today. I was greeted at the front door by Jasper; he was smiling as he watched me walking towards him.

“Well I’m glad my slow driving makes someone happy” I mumbled pouting as I stood in front of my boyfriend.

“Yes it does but I still don’t think that was slow for a human” Jasper said quietly making me roll my eyes.

“Just be glad that I even slowed down” I told him walking into his house; Jasper helped me out of my jacket.

“Alex!” I heard Alice sing from behind me.

“Hi Alice” I smiled giving her a hug; she hugged back and kissed my cheek. Jasper laced our fingers as we walked into the living room; Spencer, Emmett, Rosalie and Edward were watching TV.

“Is everyone ready to go?” Carlisle asked living into the room with Esme beside him.

“Hell yeah!” Emmett said standing up in a flash along with Spencer.

“Lets go” Edward said also standing up.

“Be careful out there” I whispered to Jasper when he wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Please Als!” Emmett laughed loudly.

“Shut up Em” I grumbled pushing him when he walked past me but of coarse he didn’t move; he just laughed more.

“I will love” Jasper promised leaning down to kiss my lips passionately.

“I’ll be back in no time” Jasper told me running his fingertips across my lips before he was the door. I spent a few hours with Rosalie and Alice before I was being dragged out to Edward’s car but Alice; we were going to go and get Bella. Edward told Alice to kidnap her for the weekend; he didn’t want Bells to go anywhere near La Push, I was offended by that.

I mean I know that not everyone in the pack have the best control sometimes; I know that first hand but that doesn’t mean Bella’s going to get hurt by hanging out with Jacob. I know Jacob would never hurt Bella; he would never phase anywhere near Bella. Of coarse Bella told me about the little argument that they had a few nights ago; I was on Bella’s side naturally and when we brought it up again Edward decided to bring up what happened to me.

It kind of shocked both Bella and I that Edward would go that low just so Bella didn’t go to La Push; I argued that she had been there loads of times before and the wolves never hurt a single hair of her head, but Edward didn’t listen to either of us. Alice and I were singing along with the songs that were blaring out of the stereo as we waited for Bella to finish working; I saw her walking towards the car.

“Hey Alice, Alex. Where’s Edward?” Bella yelled over the loud music as we did her seatbelt up in the back seat.

“The guys left early this morning so he asked if I could pick you up, and because their not here we’re going to have a slumber party” Alice replied starting up the car and starting to drive back to her house.

“Slumber party?” Bella groaned looking out of the window.

“Sorry but Edward paid me off” Alice shrugged smiling.

“With what?” Bella demanded.

“He’s going to get me a yellow Porsche for Christmas” Alice smiled wider.

Bella grumbled something about this is over the top and so unfair but I couldn’t really hear her over the music. I was glad when I thought that Jasper would never do something like this unless I was in real danger; I guess that he’s a bit more trusting because I have lived with the pack most of my life, he knows that they would never want to hurt me and that what happened with Paul was an accident.

I was laying on the couch in the living room with Jacob laying on the opposite side; his legs were on either side of me and my legs were on either side of him. I had a bowl of salted cashew nuts resting on my stomach; I would eat some and then I would throw one to Jacob who caught them in his mouth, he only missed a few but he grabbed them before they hit the ground.

Jacob had just finished telling me about what happened yesterday when he rescued Bella from school; I laughed so hard when I saw him at school but then Alice glared at me so I stopped. Jacob was not happy when Bella had told him that she only had a few weeks until she was going to get changed; I wonder if I should tell him that I was planning the same thing, Carlisle said that he would change me after graduation if Jasper didn’t think he could.

“It won’t be that bad Jacob, Bella will still be the same Bella that we know” I said defending Bella and myself.

“Oh not you too!” Jacob groaned.

“Jacob I wish that you wouldn’t get this upset and angry over this. It’s Bella’s choice what she wants to do with her life” I told him softly.

“Yeah well I’m just glad that you aren’t being stupid” Jacob said looking in my eyes; I looked down because that wasn’t true.

“No Alex! Please no” Jacob begged sitting up.

“I’m sorry Jacob but I’ll still be the same person. That won’t change; I’ll still be your sister, I’ll always be your sister” I told him quietly; I sat up when he started to shake.

“I can’t believe you Alex! After everything that the guys have told you about those bloodsuckers you still want to be one of them? They’re our enemy Alex! If you turn into one of them then what will happen between us? Did you ever think of that?” Jacob yelled before running out of our house; I sat there on the couch stunned, Jacob rarely yells at me.

“Baby, are you ok?” Dad asked wheeling his chair next to me; I couldn’t talk so I nodded.

“I’ll still love you Alex, no matter what” Dad told me wiping away my tears.

“Thanks Dad but I have to go. I’ll see you tomorrow or something” I said running out to my car with tears in my eyes again. I sped all the way to the Cullen’s house; when I skidded to a stop I jumped out of my car and ran to the front door.

“Alexandra? What’s wrong?” Jasper asked when he opened the door; I just ran into his arms and hugged him close to my body.

We stood there for a few minutes hugging each other; Jasper tried to calm me down but for some reason it didn’t work, he rubbed my back instead and whispered in my ear until I calmed down and stopped crying into his chest. Jasper wrapped his arm around my waist leading me into his room; we sat down on his bed and I told him everything.

“I’m sorry but I agree with your brother, Alex you know I don’t want you to be a monster like myself” Jasper said softly.

“But you’re not a monster! Stop calling yourself that” I told him frowning; I really hated when he called himself a monster.

“You should get some sleep Alex” Jasper said standing up and walking to his closet; he handed me some of his clothes to sleep in. I got changed in front of him and then I crawled into his bed; he made sure that I was warm enough before he laid down next to me.

“Goodnight Alex. I love you” Jasper kissed my lips.

“I love you too Jazz” I smiled and kissed him once more. I cuddled up close to Jasper’s body; I rested my head on his chest and his arms wrapped tightly around my waist, I fell asleep to Jasper’s quiet breathing.