‹ Prequel: Love Bites
Sequel: Everlasting Love

Second Chances

Chapter 7

I drove to Bella’s house behind Edward’s car that Alice was driving; Bella slammed the car door as she got out, I waved to Alice when I ran past the car.

“Hi Charlie! Could I have a quick shower please? I forgot to get one this morning” I asked as I ran into their house; Bella stomped through the door.

“Of coarse Alex, oh and when you’re done I think you should go home. Billy was really worried about you last night” Charlie told me; I nodded and ran up the stairs. I had a quick shower and then re-dressed; I walked into Bella’s room to find that she was looking for something.

“Are you ok Bells?” I asked from her doorway.

“Yeah I just can’t find a shirt” She replied rather annoyed.

“Well I hope you found it, anyways I better be off then. See you later and oh call Jacob” I told her before running down the stairs; I yelled a goodbye to Charlie and jumped into my car. While I was driving towards La Push I started to get a bit cold so I pulled over and turned around in my seat to get my jacket from the backseat; but it wasn’t there, it wasn’t on the floor or in the front.

“Huh” I mumbled to myself; I got out of my car and looked in the boot but it wasn’t there either. I swear I was wearing it last night when I went to the Cullen’s; maybe I left it there. I got back into my car and called Jasper.

“Hello Alexandra” Jasper’s deep smooth voice greeted my happily.

“Hey Jazz” I smiled when I replied to him.

“Did I leave my jacket at your place?” I asked frowning again because I thought I put it in my car before I left this morning.

“No I can’t find it here, sorry” Jasper told me.

“That’s fine. But I was wearing my black and white jacket last night right?” I asked him.

“Yes you were” Jasper said.

“Huh, ok well I’ll see you later” I said before hanging up. Before I started driving again I changed the CD in my stereo; I knew just the one I wanted to listen to but when I looked for it I couldn’t find it either. In fact I couldn’t find my jacket, my CD, my scarf or the towel that I used for cliff diving last week; I swear they were all in my car and I didn’t think I took them out. I drove home quickly so I could look there; I parked my car and ran inside.

“Hey Dad, sorry I worried you last night” I apologized kissing his cheek.

“Its fine baby” Dad kissed my forehead. I looked in my room; then Jacob’s room, the bathroom, the garage, the living room, the kitchen, the front room, and all the cupboards but my things weren’t anywhere.

“Alex, what’s wrong?” Dad asked when I was searching the living room.

“I can’t find some of my things anywhere” I complained looking under the couch.

“Dad! Alex! Get outside now!” We heard Jacob yell from outside. I looked at Dad who was looking at me; we shrugged at the same time but we went outside anyways, I helped Dad get outside. I saw the pack standing at the start of our driveway; they were shaking and looking around.

“What’s going on?” Dad asked when we make our way over to the pack; I made sure we were a safe distance away.

“Alex” Jacob signed happily hugging me; I hugged him back but then he jumped away from me.

“Alex, you smell like a leech” Jacob complained waving his hand in front of his nose.

“Jacob, I had a shower at Bella’s” I defended myself.

“What?” Jacob asked tilting his head to the side.

“I had a shower at Bella’s and then drove here, no contact with any vampires” I told him.

“Jacob, the smell isn’t from your house, it’s from Alex’s car” Sam said walking towards us.

“That’s impossible. None of the Cullen’s have been in my car lately” I told the pack who were now standing around us. Jacob opened his mouth to say something but shut it when my phone started ringing; it was Bella.

“Hey Bells” I greeted her.

“Thank god Alex” Bella signed with relief.

“Huh?” I said tilting my head to the side.

“Alex, there was a vampire in my room. Edward doesn’t know the scent so he called his family and their all coming over to my house, Charlie’s out so it’s fine” Bella told him and the pack because they have super good hearing; I was just about to say something when Jacob grabbed my phone.

“Bella let my talk to Edward please” Jacob sneered Edward’s name.

“A leech was in Bella’s room?” Jacob asked double checking.

“A leech has been in Alex’s car and she said that none of you’re family has been in her car lately” Jacob told Edward.

“Right Alex and I will be there soon” Jacob said hanging up.

“Dad, can you go to the Clearwater’s place please?” Jacob asked our father as he handed my phone back to me.

“Sure but be careful” Dad told us before Sam helped him into his car; I watched as Sam drove off with Dad. Jacob and I got into my car; Jake held his breath as I sped all the way to Bella’s house.

“Alex” Jasper signed as I got out of my car; he wrapped his arms around me pulling me in for a tight hug. I heard Jacob growl quietly when Jasper kissed my forehead; I rolled my eyes at my brother.

“Well it’s the same vampire that was in Bella’s room” Edward said smelling around my car with the rest of his family.

“Alex have you noticed that anything is gone from our car?” Carlisle asked me as I turned around in Jasper’s arms; I leaned my back onto his chest.

“Um… yeah my jacket, a CD, my scarf and a towel; their not in my car and their not at my house” I told everyone. Everyone started talking about who could have been here; why Alice missed them, Edward and Jasper yelling at her for not seeing them, then apologizing to her for snapping, and the reason to go near Bella and I.

It wasn’t that I didn’t care about what everyone was talking about; I did but I was more upset and angry that a complete stranger was in my car, and that stranger took my stuff. I get very protective about my car and everything I own; so I was not to happy about someone taking my stuff, stupid vampire. Jacob offered to change the border a bit so the Cullen’s could track the scent as well as the wolves; Jacob said that it would be safer if Charlie, Bella and I were in La Push when the Cullen’s weren’t around, everyone agreed on that. Jasper wasn’t to happy about not being able to enter La Push to watch over me but Jacob reassured him that he and the pack wouldn’t let anything happen to me; Jasper asked Jacob if it would be alright if I spent more time with him.

I liked that idea but I could tell by my brother’s tense body that he hated the idea; so I used my infamous puppy dog eyes on him, Jacob said that he could live with me splitting my time between La Push and Forks. But then Jacob threaten Jasper that if anything happened to me while I was with him and his family; Jacob would kill him personally, I smiled widely as I gave Jacob a huge hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!