What Would Neil Do?

PART 2

"Hey, Hu." Neil called from the dining hall. He was awaiting the Winchester's to join them for afternoon tea, this day still being his first at the mansion in ages. Hubert the butler came through the doorway.

"Yes, Neil?"

"What can you tell me about Sheila?"

"She's the only one in this house I like. Other than Matty." He still stood. "Much more easygoing. Fun to be with."

"What about Shelby?"

"She is pretty, just as Sheila is. But her beauty is only skin deep. Underneath, she is heartless."

"Yes. I guess she's gorgeous. But not to the bone."

"Servant!" Shelby appeared. "No small talk with the guest. Shoo, shoo. And fetch me some tea." She sat next to Neil, pushing his elbows off yet again.

"Hi Shelbs - I mean, Shelby." Neil greeted.

"Greetings, Neil. You look...handsome, I guess." She straightened his collar. "Now you're handsome."

"Um, thanks. You look elegant." She looked flattered. "Is Sheila coming?"

"Ughh, she might." Shelby scoffed. "She says she feels a novel coming on. I hope she doesn't come out of her room for the rest of the night."

"Oh."

"Shelby, Neil. How nice." Lord and Lady Winchester arrived, seating themselves at the table. Hubert set the tea down at the table and left. "How are you coming along Neil?"

"Alright, Lady Winchester."

"Do you like our daughter's Neil?" Lord Winchester asked.

"Why, yes Lord Winchester, sir. Sheila is quite interesting. Her room is magnificent. All those novels and music. It's simply divi-" Shelby stomped on his toe from underneath the table. "Divine. And Shelby, you are quite the beauty." He turned his head and whispered "I guess."

"Why, thank you Neil. I guess it just comes naturally."

"What comes naturally? Your ignorance?" Sheila stood at the doorway, puffing on another cigarette. Neil laughed at her comment.

"No, my beauty."

"You use tons of make-up, come on." Sheila sat down at a seat, putting out the fag and getting some tea. "You even wear more than Neil." She joked. Neil started laughing even more. Shelby stubbed his toe again, causing him to stop.

"So Neil, like the tour?"

"Oh, yes. Your room is amazing."

"A man should not go in a young lady's room." Lady Winchester commented.

"Don't be so old-fashioned. Neil is a friend."

"So, Sheila, you were writing?"

"Oh, yeah."

"What about?"

"It's for my novel, Years of Refusal." Sheila changed the subject. "So, keyboard eh? Want to play my piano?"

"I would love to!"

"No," Shelby interrupted. "He wouldn't. He's going to the garden with me. Isn't that right, Neil?" He paused.

"That's a splendid idea. You can join us, Neil." Lord Winchester insisted.

"Um...okay." Neil felt obligated to go, because of the elders.

"Whatever." Sheila got up." The offer will still be up anytime Neil." And with that, she disappeared from the dining hall to God knows where.

-------

"So, Neil." Shelby sat next to him on a bench under an arch of flowers, the day going by as slow as possible. "You shouldn't waste any of your time with my sister. She is nothing but trouble."

"How?" Neil was starting to be annoyed by their fued.

"She smokes 30 a day-"

"I smoke 40." True on his part."

"Like I was saying - she smokes, she drinks, and I swear to God she is not a virgin."

"Not a virgin? She's 17." That seemed normal for a teenager. Though, Sheila wasn't the normal teenager.

"She sleeps with every guy she knows." Shelby then added. "Even your cousin, Simon, got with her multiple times."

"My cousin's gay." Now Neil knew she was exaggerating something.

"Doesn't stop her."

"Oh..."

"Are you gay." Great, now he had to come clean.

"I'm bi."

"What does that mean?"

"I swing both ways." Blank look. "I like both guys and girls."

"Oh. Weird." Lord and Lady Winchester approached. "At least you'd like me."

"Why, Neil, your pale. You should tan." Lady said.

"I burn easily."

"Nevermind that." Lord Winchester intervened. "You should get settled in your room. Here's the key. It's on the ground floor, next to the bathroom."

"Okay." Neil decided to get his things to get away from the uncomfortable coversation concerning his sexuality.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yupp. I don't know if Neil is bi in real life, but he is in this story. Part 3 is going to be good. Trust me on that.