Forever and Always

Worrying All The Time Gets You Everywhere, Apparently.

"Mmm." Matt moved his mouth away from mine, "God, your kisses are always so sweet. Do you eat candy all day when I'm not looking?"

I laughed and kissed his chin, "God, you're corny."

He made a face at me, "It made you giggle didn't it? Ugh, MC, please just put on your shoes."

I turned to see MC swinging his shoes by the laces over his head. He was procrastinating getting dressed for his third day of headstart. I rolled my eyes, "MC!"

He stopped abruptly, "Sorry, Mama."

"It's okay. Just put on your shoes so Daddy and you can leave." I said softly and turned back to Matt. He kissed me again.

When he pulled back, he smiled, "I'll only be a few moments, okay? If you need me to hurry home, call me."

I smirked, "Matt, you're just running MC to school and stopping to pick up more milk-"

"Just, call me okay?" He stopped my flow of words.

I sighed and nodded. Matt had taken to worrying all the time and as much as I loved him for it, I didn't understand it. I knew he wanted me to be okay but it was like he felt guilty or like he thought maybe I was unhappy. I was perfectly happy and the morning sickness had slowed down. What was there to stress over?

"Get your lunchbox, MC." Matt sighed and gave me a soft squeeze, "Bye, babies. I love you."

"We love you too, Daddy." I smirked at him. He grinned and dropped a kiss to my stomach before hurrying MC out.

They weren't gone five minutes when the phone rang. I growled at it, "If that is Matthew, I'm throwing it." However it wasn't.

Laura's voice was comforting after not hearing it for ages, "How's my perfect punk rocker chick?"

"Very pregnant." I laughed.

She did too, "Oh my fucking god, again?"

I scoffed, "Yeah. With twins. Damn Matt and his fertile sperm."

She laughed again, "Oh I can't believe this. That's so great. You guys disappear for close to four months and you come back with not one but two buns in the oven. How's Matt taking it?"

"Remarkably well other than stressing out over me. He shushes MC all the time, caters to me hand and foot and is afraid to leave the house for longer than it takes to go to the grocery store. Woe forbid if he forgets his cell when he does leave." I had to rant to someone. Matt was driving me nuts!

"Wow. I never thought I'd see him like that." That's because to all of our friends he was super cool, inhuman Matt "M. Shadows" Sanders. They didn't see the Matt I saw, the worry-wort, the constantly thinking about something man who wanted so desperately to provide and protect his family from everything. I had to wonder if that was an inherited trait, something he learned from his dad growing up or if he was just paranoid like that.

"Oh, trust me, Matt would drive the most insecure person crazy with his paranoia. But deep down I know he just wants the best for me and the babies so I can't be too pissed off at him." I sighed.

"This is true. Do you want to get away for a while-maybe go clothes shopping with me?" She pleaded.

"Oh dear god, please?" I sighed. It would be heaven to do something with someone female.
We made our plans that she would be there in an hour or so to pick me up.

When Matt came back, she was already there, having got there early. He hugged her, "Long time no see, brat. Not like you couldn't come around even though you and Brian broke up."

"Yeah, well, I've been busy. Apparently," Her eyebrows raised, "So have you, Mr. Matthew.
Popping the question and getting her pregnant-in the correct order this time-all in the same tour. Way to go."

He laughed, "Technically, no. I still did it wrong. She was already pregnant when I asked, we just didn't know it yet. You look great, princess." He turned to me.

I had on his old Metallica t-shirt that was too big everywhere and pair of pants that I'd bought back when I was pregnant with MC, having thankfully kept most of that stuff. I'd swept my long hair back in the front but left the rest of it down and put on some make up. I did feel better. I smiled at him, "Thanks, baby. I feel good today. Laura and I are going clothes shopping."

He drew me closer and kissed me softly, "Okay. I need to go to the studio today and I was hoping you could come with but you'd probably be bored so this works out great, doesn't it?"

I nodded and laid my head over on his shoulder, "Ugh, you're so comfortable."

He laughed, "I've been your pillow for years, baby, no wonder you think so. Are you sure you're not too tired to go?"

"I'm sure. Give me a kiss." I lifted my head and we kissed again, "Matt?"

"Yeah?"

"You know we need a bigger place-"

"I know. I thought maybe when MC goes to school Friday we could look for something if you feel up to it."

I nodded and backed away. He rubbed my stomach and smiled at me before waving bye at Laura. I blew him a kiss and we left.

Six hours later, I lay on the couch, my head propped on the arm, watching MC devour an apple while he colored. Matt was in the bedroom, playing his keyboard (which was a sad stand in for the piano at his parents' that he'd played all of his life). I was tired but between MC's chatter and Matt's playing a nap was nowhere in sight.

MC held up a page, "Lookit Mama!"

I looked over at him and smiled. He'd drawn a picture of our family. Me and him and Matt. It looked like Matt was trying to strangle me but I knew that was just MC trying to draw Matt with his arm slung over my shoulder like he usually stood. Arrows pointing to my stomach said Baby 1 and Baby 2 on them. MC showed remarkable intelligence in being able to read some and write well already, as well as knowing that babies "slept" in my tummy. Matt had explained that to him with some side commentary from Johnny, causing us all to laugh. I reached for him, "Come here, baby. This is a very good picture. Why don't you go show it to Daddy?"

He raced off to do so and I heard a yell. I sat up to see MC running back with tears on his face. Matt came out after him and caught him up, kneeling to his height, "MC, Daddy didn't mean to scream at you. I'm sorry, bud. I know, Daddy's a meanie."

MC sniffled, struggling in his arms. I ran a hand down Matt's arm, "Let me have him, Matt. He's mad at you."

"I know." Matt sighed, "I didn't realize it was him. I thought one of the guys came to aggravate or something so I screamed for them to get the fuck out. I turned and it was MC."

I wiped MC's face, "It's okay, isn't it, M.? Daddy's forgiven, right?"

"No." He said petulantly, "I dropped my picture and Daddy stepped on it."

"I did?" Matt got up, "I'll go get it and we'll wipe it off. I'm sure I didn't hurt it." He went to the bedroom and came out with it, "This is a fantastic picture, little man. You made it very well. You know why?"

"Why?" MC sniffled, charmed by Matt as usual.

"Because you made Mama so pretty." Matt made MC laugh by prodding him in he stomach, "You didn't have to try that hard though did you?"

Ass kisser. I rolled my eyes, "You just think you're so smooth don't you? Listen, guys, I'm going to take a nap, then we'll eat dinner, okay?"

"I'll feed MC and order us something, baby. Don't worry about it." He leaned across our son to kiss my lips and nudged me toward the bedroom, "Just go relax."

I settled down on the bed, smiling slightly. No one who knew Matt would have ever guessed that the scene that just happened could actually happen. Matt was tough as nails with his friends, but when it come to his son, the smallest thing could turn him into a softy.

I woke up to Matt and MC screaming. I jolted up right and hurried into the living room to see Matt pretending that MC was an airplane. I gave a cry, "Matt! You guys scared me!"

He stopped and flipped MC up onto his shoulders, "I'm sorry, princess. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Has he ate?"

"Yep. And he's had a bath. He's just ready for bed." He looked up at MC, "And that's where he's headed. Go on and we'll be in in a few to tuck you in." He swung him down to the ground and we watched as MC raced toward his bedroom, stopping briefly to hug my legs.

"You're having so much fun with him now that we're all home for once, aren't you?" I smiled, walking across to hug my boyfriend.

"Yeah. Princess, are we waiting until the twins are born to get married?" He pulled me closer.

I shrugged, "I don't really want to, but I don't want to be a cow at our wedding either."

"I don't care if you were having septuplets, you could never be a cow." He brought our lips together, "But I know what you mean. You don't want to be obviously pregnant, right?"
I nodded.

"Then lets do it soon. I don't want to wait anymore, we've waited so long." Almost five years we'd been together. I could see what he meant.

"Then we'd better get to planning. Do you think your mom will help us?" I knew Matt's mom would love to help because Matt was her only child.

He nodded, "She asked me the last time I was over there when the big day was and what you had planned already. Maybe you should call her."

"I will. What did you order us to eat?" So what if I change the subject? I was hungry damnit.

"Chinese." He made a face. He personally hated Chinese food but knew I loved it.

I drew him down for a kiss, "Thank you so much. I'm going to go call your mom and then we can tuck MC in and eat."

"Sounds good to me. I'll go get the food from the microwave." He smiled and went into the kitchen.

After talking to Matt's mom, I was even more excited about our wedding. Matt could tell and he smiled indulgently while I chattered away. Despite our road bumps, life was going good again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks LynnShadows25 for commenting.