Status: LOST THE NOTEBOOK IT WAS WRITTEN IN. gonna look for it tonight

Scene White and the Seven Cobras

Chapter 5

"You're Gabe?" She asked as he sat her down next to another girl. "You don't look like what I was expecting. Will you help me though? Can I stay with you until Ryland says I can leave?"

"You can stay for as long as you need any friend of Ryland's is a friend of ours." Gabe replied sliding a bottle of water over to her, "You look parched. Drink it. Hobo?" He looked over at the girl sitting next to Scene White for the first time since entering the room, her gaze shot up to match his.

"Yeah she can share the gold room with me. Guilty and Neon have the pink room and I have a feeling the blue room will be needed soon enough, that leaves the gold room and I'm the only one in there so she might as well stay with me." The girl said quickly so he wouldn't have a chance to interrupt or aruge with what she was saying.

"I don't want to be a bother. That's for sure." Scene White said softly.

"You aren't a bother I have an extra bed in there anyways follow me you must be exhausted after a long night in the woods."

"Are you sure?"

"Trust me, you want to stay with me in the gold room." The girl grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the hallway. "Just be quiet until we get to the room ok?"

"Ok but what is going on?"

"Just stay quiet." They went through the dark hallways quickly and quietly until the girl had them both inside a room and the door was shut. "You aren't going to make friends with the other girls here quickly just so you know. You're pretty so you are going to be a threat to them. Guilty and Neon don't like competition."

"I don't understand. Who are they?"

"Guilty is a cobra, we are all cobras. Well not Neon but she will be soon enough."

"What do you mean you are cobras?"

"Welcome to the church of hot addiction, here we have our leader Gabe. He started this whole thing himself, it started as a band and then it became what it is now. Gabe helps people, he's always helped people he won't turn anyone away. Guilty came to us a few months ago wandered in here with a broken heart in a downward spiral. Gabe instantly fell in love and wanted to fix her. Neon came not long ago at all, she was found outside a club so we brought her home kinda like a puppy, she isn't a cobra yet. Not really. There are seven cobras all together. The band, Gabe, Ryland, Alex, Vicky T, Nate then me and guilty. They call me Hobo. Ryland, Vicky and Nate don't live with us anymore. Alex comes and goes as he pleases but they are still cobras til the end. If you are lucky you will end up with the same fate."

"What does it mean to be a cobra?"

"We are at peace, we only fight when provked by those wanting to hurt our friends. We party, and we party hard. We are the final word in all that is scene or cool in this place. We don't take shit from anybody." Her voice turned harsh as the last sentence spilled from her mouth. Scene White's eyes darted around desperate to look somewhere other then the harsh gaze, all she saw was gold everywhere. The walls the furnature everything was tied together by gold accents and suddenly the name of the room made sense. "I suppose you don't have anything you can wear?"

"This is all I have."

"You can borrow some of my stuff I'm sure Gabe will get you clothes in the morning." She turned quickly and left the room before Scene White had a chance to say another word. She walked towards the closet and started to look through the clothes in there. None of them screamed look at me, in fact most of the clothes there were faded, torn, in either plaid or flannel patterns. There wasn't an abundance of them either maybe only five items hanging. Her hands grabbed the first thing they felt.

"Is she settled?" Gabe asked when Hobo entered the room again.

"She's fine but the others won't be happy when they wake up. They won't like the idea of another girl in the house. They won't like the competition."

"Competition for what?"

"For you. Guilty and Neon will go insane if they have to have a rival other than each other for your affection."

"What about you?"

"Me? I'm a guy to them they don't think of me like that and neither do you."

"Darling you are the only one who is ever up with me at all hours of the night, and you are the one who is always there for me. You are the only one they need to worry about."