Status: Hiatus - currently writing chapters for other stories aswell

Dark Doves

Fear Is Paralyzing When Nothing Matters At All

Walking back from a shelter after a warm shower in some slightly cleaner rags, I felt a little more like my past self before my world became riddled with misery. I knew this was the kind of life I deserved after the things I had done but I could never help but hope that somewhere out in the great wild world I was destined for something greater. Something better that an untimely and undignified death in the gutters of New York.

I felt the weight of curious eyes on my back and turned to see a group of baggy clothed youths following at a distance behind me. Their hooded jackets cast shadows over their eyes but even in the little light I had to work with I could the twisted grins on their faces.

Becoming worried I quickened my steps; my feet clad in what I think were once white sneakers that the shelter had given me. With a careful ear I was able to hear their muffled voices over the nonexistent wind, they were definitely following me, rapidly catching up to me as well.

When I thought I heard them stop I had to force myself not to look back, instead I darted down a narrow alleyway, hoping to avoid any chance of them following me any further.

I forgot life’s a bitch.

The exit to the alley was blocked by three of the hooded figures, turning I saw the other two that made up their gang jamming where I had first entered. Panic erupted in my heart while a voice in my head screamed at me, telling me how tonight was the night I was to meet my demise- how it was something I deserved.

The figures edged themselves closer while the voices in my head screeched obscenities at me, gaining volume all the while explaining that where I was going, gang youths would be the least of my problems.

Yes, hell would be a suitable home for me.

Using a reasonable amount of effort I tried to block out the shrieks in my head, succeeding to an extent; they were mere dull whispers now, and in a moment of insanity decided that if I was going down then it wouldn’t be without a fight.

Making a mad dash towards where I first entered dark passageway I managed to punch one of the sick creeps in the face, breaking his nose under my fist, before the other twisted my arms behind my back. Kneeing the faceless coward in the jewels I made a break for the main street, I could practically taste victory on my tongue before I felt a pressure on my ankle and my weight was pulled out from underneath me.

Another sickening crack echoed into the still air as my head crashed against the cold, grimy pavement, stars exploding behind my eyes. I saw a blurred face hovering above my own as my body was dragged back into the ruthless shadows, the one I punched in the nose judging by the blood that streamed down his face.

His other four friends soon gathered round my limp body too, like vultures gazing over dieing prey. I tried to get up, to fight back, as their hands ran up and down my body but the impact to my head had left me dazed and confused as black dots swam across my vision. I had no doubt in my mind now, I was going to die.

I felt the weight of the bulkiest out the group, presumable the leader, cover my frail body as he wielded a small blade. He held it against the taught skin at the base of my neck and told me if I so much as uttered a whimper, well, I would regret it.

Shouts boomed in and out of my head, deafening me, and after awhile I gratefully sucked air into my lungs as the oaf scrambled off me, he and his friends seemed to forget about me as they faced some new challenge.

Curiosity killed the cat, I know. But as I dragged my body slowly across the pavement, unable to stand but determined to put some form of distance between me and the young men that had cornered me, I listened with intrest.

“Well, lookie here boys.”

“Move scum, I am here merely for the girl’s sake and it would be within your best interests to back away.”

“Hey, I give the orders Bud. Got that?”

A screech a pain reached my ears and not knowing whether it was this chivalrous strangers or one of those pigs, I tried to move faster. Neither being raped nor being murdered was on my agenda for the night.

“I suggest the rest of you move quickly, I will not give a second thought on harming any of you.”

After a prolonged silence the strangers voice rung louder with an undertone of anger. I hadn’t seen his face and I already feared ever being at the opposing end to his rage.

“NOW.”

The padding of feet was heard and I had no doubt that my attackers had fled with their tails between their puppy dog legs.

Still I carried on crawling, tears streaking down my face, carving a path into my face as fear held onto my heart driving more black dots swirling into my vision.

I heard a sigh and looked towards the sound, finally seeing my hero. Bright green eyes sought out mine behind a veil of black hair but before I had the chance to address much more than his captivating eyes my vision dimmed and sleep curled at the corner of my mind, tempting me with promises of tranquillity.

I felt my body been lifted of the ground and subconsciously coiled myself to this new warmth. I felt something press against my forehead for a moment before a low voice whispered comforts into my hair.

“Rest, you deserve it little girl. You hold the weight of something powerful on frail shoulders; sleep will rest your mind even if only for a small amount of time. My dark dove.”

Giving in I fell into the bottomless pit of my unconscious, reliving my nightmares once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Cobra Starship -Fold Your Hands Child. Any one know how to put the banner at the top of the story? Cause i got one but i can't get it on. Frustrating much?

I'm sick so I've written loads, sorry it's late. More within the week. Pinky promise.

Oh and i'm pimping out my hoe. -> RainbowEmoNeko.

She writes cool shit, go read.