Here We Go Again

Chapter 6

"Where is all your stuff?' he asked calmly.
"At my friends house, i've been staying there." i replied honestly.
"Go get it." he ordered a smug smile on his face.
My guess was that he enjoyed the fact that everyone listened to it.
Well i wasn't going to because for some reason i wasn't afraid of him at all. Not anymore.
I mean i guess i was never really afraid of him but part of me was careful around him. Now though, seeing that smug smile, i wasn't scared, i wasn't even nervous. I was pissed off.

"And what if i don't?" i asked glaring a tiny bit.
His eyes narrowed a bit then went back to normal as if he was analyzing carefully what i had just said.

"Than clearly you havent' read your refrigorator." he smirked.

"My wha-" i stopped midsentence. I had walked into my kitchen and written in blood was a note. Not from Gabriel though, from someone else.

"Midnight." was all it said.
That was creeping me out. I had no idea where the blood came from, and i didn't want to find out...ever.

SO i turned to face the man behind me.
"Where are we going?" i asked him.

"Away." he replied.
"NO." Demi said, speakignfor the first time since i had walked through my front door.

Both I and the man standing in front of me looked at her.
"I'll have no way to contact you." she said. "your phone died this mornign and you can't charge it if your driving which you'll have to be to get 'away.'

I sighed. She was right. Leaving meant loosing contact with them. My friends i mean.

It was sad, but i wanted to live, and well, the message on the fridge was clear to me.
I hugged Demi and walked past her. Not saying goodbye. I knew that if i said that one word, everyhting would be real and there was no way i would even be able to dream that this was a dream.

"let's go Gabriel." i said to the man still standing in my living room.
Gabriel nodded.

I climbed into Gabriel's car, holding back the tears threatening to spill out.

Gabriel pulled into Halo's driveway about 10 minutes later. He had followed my directions well.
"Go get your stuff." he said. I just nodded and climbed out of the car.