The World Awaits Your Smile

Twenty three.

"Holly! Come dance with me!" a drunken Kennedy Brock shouted, grabbing Holly by her wrist and pulling her to the make-shift dance floor they had made.

"Stealin' my girlfriend, Brock?" John joked, calling after the two who were dancing away. He took another sip of his beer and leaned against the back of his lawn chair.

"It's not like you to miss out on drunk dancing. What's up?" Cody laughed, sitting next to John.

John's eyes met hers and he smiled softly, "Just relaxing. It's something you do when you get away." he smirked.

"You can relax tomorrow!" Cody exclaimed, "Come on, have another beer." she said, handing him the bottle.

"Codes! They're playing limbo!" Jack shouted, running over to his girlfriend. "Can we go and play?!" he asked, excitedly.

She nodded her head, "Sure." she answered, standing up. Before leaving John to where the limbo was being held, Cody turned back round to him and smiled, "Just have fun."

"It's my turn!" Garrett yelled, standing in front of the limbo pole, as Rian and Alex held it at just above waist height. Just as Garrett attempted to limbo under the pole, Alex and Rian both pushed the pole downwards so it hit Garrett on the stomach, causing him to fall backwards, hitting his head on the floor. Laughter errupted around everyone as Garrett sat up, rubbing the back of his head with his hand, frowning at the two boys, who were doubled over in hysterics.

"That wasn't funny." Garrett mumbled, before moving to sit down next to John. John laughed at his friend as he sat down in the chair.

"Admit it, it was funny." John said, smirking at Garrett. Garrett frowned, taking a drink from the bottle in his hand.

"If you think it's so easy, why don't you have a go, John?" Garrett smirked.

John shook his head, "I didn't say it looked easy--" before he could finish his sentence, he was cut off by the rest off by his girlfriend.

"Don't be such a pussy and come and play, John!" she shouted.

John grabbed another Corona off of the table and smiled softly as he saw Cody sitting by the fire. He made his way over and nudged her shoulder with his.

"Hey." he mumbled. 

"Hi." she greeted, smiling softly.

John took a swig of his drink and then turned to face Cody, "How come you were sat alone? Where's Jack?" he asked, his words slurring slightly.

"Dancing with Alex somewhere." Cody replied, with a laugh. John nodded, yet didn't reply; a smile was just held on his face.

Some minutes later, John spoke up, "I love you." he softly said, his eyes meeting Cody's.

"I love you, too." Cody grinned, wrapping her arm around John's shoulder.

"No, Cody," John began, shaking his head. "I really love you." he said. Cody's face fell, as she unwrapped her arm from around John's shoulder. She shook her head,

"No, John, you don't, you're just drunk." she said,

"I may be drunk, but I really mean it, Codes." John whispered, his hot breath sending tingles up Cody's spine.

He leaned forward and paused slightly, waiting to see if Cody was going to slap him, push him away or even walk away. However, she didn't which gave John all the confirmation he needed. Soon, their lips attached and John caressed Cody's cheek with his hand.

"What the fuck?!" a male voice shouted, making Cody and John quickly break apart.

With wide eyes, Cody stood up, "Jack.. I'm so sorry." she said, holding her hand out for his hand to entwine with. However, Jack ignored her and ran straight for John; his punch missing as he was pulled back by Rian and Zack.

"You fucking bastard!" Jack shouted at John, kicking and punching in Zack and Rian's embrace.

"Jack, calm the fuck down, man." Alex said, grabbing Jack's arms to prevent him from anymore punching.

"No!" Jack shouted. "He just fucking kissed my girlfriend!" He pulled his arms from Alex's grasp, roughly. As soon as he did so, Jack's hand came into contact with something. He looked over at Cody and his jaw dropped.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." Jack repeated over and over again, placing delicate kisses on Cody's cheek as he cradled her in her arms.

John watched on and he felt his heart break in two. Not because of the love he still felt for Cody, but because of the fact he felt like he was breaking Cody and Jack's relationship. If John was in Jack's position right now, he would have been slapped back ten times harder and ignored for weeks.

He snapped out of his thoughts to see the couple still in their same position; Cody's face buried deep in Jack's chest.

"I'm sorry." John whispered, walking off before anyone could say anything to him.

He sat at the lake edge and let his head fall into his hands. John's quiet sobs were blocked out, for the most part, as the water crashed against the rocks. Soon after, another person joined John and patted him on his shoulder.

"You better not be crying." Garrett slurred, his hand still firmly placed on John's shoulder.    

"I'm not, Gare." John replied, letting out a forced laugh. "Are you enjoying the weekend?" he asked, changing the subject.

Garrett nodded, enthusiastically. "Yeah! I'm so glad everyone could come." he grinned. A few seconds later, Garrett wrapped his arms around John, "I love you, man." he stated, leaning his head against John's shoulder.

"I love you too, Garrett."
♠ ♠ ♠
Let's get some comments on this, please. :)

Love. xox