I Miss the Light in Your Eyes

Chapter 11

-Narrator's POV-

Gerard woke the next day and looked over to where Mikey was sleeping. He must have gotten up earlier. Gerard looked at the clock and saw that it was 6:45. He sighed and sat up, yawned, and rubbed his eyes. He smelled the air, taking in the aroma of something from upstairs. One of his eyes shot open and he took another smell of the air. He shot upstairs and opened his door, only to find his beloved baby brother making his favorite, chocolate chip waffles. "Oh, Mikes. I love you!" Gerard said jogging over to his brother and wrapping his arms around Mikey's neck.

"I love you, too, Gee," Mikey said as he patted his brother's arm.

"Just curious really. Why are you making waffles?" Gerard asked staring at the waffles that lay before him.

"You saved my life last night. And I wanted to make it up to you. And the only way I could think of that I knew you couldn't pass up was choco. chip waffles," Mikey said staring at his brother who was on the verge of drooling. "Okay, okay! Back up. No one wants slobbery waffles!" Mikey said forcing his brother back.

--
When Mikey finished cooking his brother's breakfast, he set a big stack of waffles in front of Gerard. "Mikey I can't take this. This is just too much... I mean--" but he was cut off when Mikey shoved a whole waffle in Gerard's mouth. "Never mind," Gerard said with his mouth full. Mikey laughed and patted his brother on the back.

"I know. There's no way in the fiery depths of hell that you could ever pass up waffles," Mikey said as he walked out of the kitchen.
--

After Gerard finished his waffles, he headed upstairs to talk to his brother. When he got upstairs, he saw his brother making out with Frank. Gerard didn't bother to disturb them. He walked back downstairs and plopped himself on the couch, mouth dropped open and a look on his face that you could tell he felt deceived. "But... Frank... likes .. me.. or so I thought."

Gerard felt so much hurt and anger in his stomach and he ran back to his room and plopped on his bed and started to cry. He was in love with Frank and now Frank was making out with his brother. He heard someone coming downstairs. "Gerard? You down here?" It was Frank.

"I'm really not in the mood to talk right now," Gerard said as he stared at the wall in front of his bed and clung to his pillow. He heard Frank go back upstairs and started crying again.
---

Around ten that night, Gerard was still feeling hurt and angry. He never got out of bed unless he had to use the restroom or to get something to eat. He stared at the coin that the strange man had gave him the previous day. 'It's good for one wish. The poison one is reverseable one time.' He remembered the man telling him that. Gerard yawned and rubbed his eyes. "Sometimes I wish.. I didn't have a little brother.." he mumbled as he dropped the coin and fell asleep. The coin spun and spun. Gerard's wish ... was coming true.

---
Sorry so short.
Comments will get you bunches 'o' skittles. :D