I Miss the Light in Your Eyes

Chapter 13

I got to the street where I saw the guy and turned on it. I saw him in the same spot where I saw him a few days earlier. I ran over to him and he didn't seem to recognize me, thank god! I didn't want him to know that I made the wish and needed to reverse it. I started searching through the coins and he laughed. "You looking for a certain coin, lad?" the guy said. I nodded.

"You wouldn't happen to have a coin with a skull and crossbones would you?" I asked, staring at him and smiling weakly. I looked down, studying each and every coin.

"No, I don't. I lost that one. I think I lost it somewhere by the high school," he said. I looked up at him instantly and dimmed my eyes.

"Which high school?" I asked, staring at him more closely.

-Mikey Davenport's POV-

I sat in the back of my limo, watching the town of Belleville pass by me. I sighed out of boredism. I saw a guy around the age of seventeen talking to a guy with a lot of coins spread out on a table. "Stop the limo!" I yelled. "I think I found the guy who will play my older brother in the show."

The limo came to a hault and I got out. I ran over to the younger guy and tapped him on the shoulder. He jumped and whirled around. "Can I help you, dude?" he said, staring me down.

"Yeah, I'm Mikey Davenport and I was wondering if you'd like to play the older brother part in my new show," I said, smiling.

"Why?" he said, leaning against the table behind him.

"I don't know. Maybe make some money and become famous," I said, trying to convince him.

"I guess. There's nothing better to do around here anyways," he said, studying the coins in a coin book type thing.

-Gerard's POV-

As I was staring at the book of coins looking through them, I stopped instantly, only to realize that my lttle brother ... or the guy who was supposed to be my little brother, was standing right in front of me. 'Maybe I'll be able to talk him out of this trance or whatever and come back home if I dod this show thing,' I thought to myself. "Alright, I'll do it," I said, closing the book and placing in back on the table and smiling at him.

"Awesome!" he said as he smiled big and proudly. I laughed and started walking toward my house. "Hey, where are you going?" he called after me.

"If I'm going to do this show, I have to tell my mom. Bring the limo or whatever to the third house on the right from this stop sign," I said, pointing at the stop sign about ten feet away.

--
I got to my house and his limo pulled up in front of the house. My mom was still home luckily so I could tell her. I waited on the porch for Mikey. He walked up beside me and we both walked in. "Mom. Where are you?" I called.

"In the kitchen!" she called back.

"Come on, dude. I want you to meet my mom. She's a fan of you if you want to know," I said, placing my hand on his shoulder and walked into the kitchen. "Mom, M-Dawg Davenport. M-Dawg, my mom," I said as I walked upstairs. "I'll be right back."

-Mikey's POV-

"M-Dawg?" I asked, looking confused.

"Don't worry about it. Everybody he knows has a nickname of some sort," his mom said, smiling and looking up at me.

"Ahh ok," I said, looking around. "You guys got a nice place here. You two live here by yourselves?" I asked.

"Yeah, his dad passed away a few months ago so it's just me and Gerard now," she said, sighing. "Take a seat, get comfortable."

I took a seat at the kitchen table and smiled. "I had offered Gerard the position of the older brother on my show and was wondering if it would be okay with you," I said, looking up at her.

"I think that would be great. He's always wanted a little brother," she said, sounding a bit excited.

"Cool," I said, smiling even bigger.

-Gerard's POV-

"I can't believe I have to pretend to be an older brother to a guy who is already my little brother but due to that stupid fucking wish he is no longer my brother," I said angrily. I grabbed about two hundred bucks out of my box that I had always hid under my bed and walked back downstairs. "You ready, M-Dawg?" I called into the kitchen.

"Coming," he called back. He walked into the living room and we said our good-byes.

"You think we'll be able to stop by Hot Topic so I can pick up a couple things?" I asked as we walked out the door, down the stairs and toward the limo.

"Sure. I don't see why not," he said. We got into the limo and headed for the interstate. It was right then, I wish we'd gone the other way.