I Miss the Light in Your Eyes

Chapter 14

When we started turning to head for the highway, a semi-truck's breaks when out and he couldn't stop. He hit the side of the limo and I hit my head so hard against the window I blacked out.

-Limo Driver's POV-

The limo went flying and I saw that the young man Mikey had picked up was out. "Oh god!" I said when we finally stopped rolling. Luckily, we landed right side up. I immediately got out and ran to the backseat. I opened Mikey's side, totally forgetting about the young man on the other side. I pulled out Mikey and he was tumbling everywhere. "Mikey, are you alright?" I said when he was able to stand still and focus.

"Yeah, I'm fine, dude," he said as he shook his head and looked at the young man. "Gerard! Oh shit!" he said as he ran over to the young man's side.

-Mikey's POV-

I opened Gerard's door and caught him before he fell to the ground. I heard his mom running up the hill and screaming his name. Cops had held her back and wouldn't listen to her when she was telling them that Gerard was her son. "Lance, watch over him for a moment. I'll be right back," I said as Lance came over and knelt down next to Gerard.

"Officer! That's my son on the ground!" his mom screamed.

"Guys, let her through. Gerard really is her son. I was talking with her earlier when I went to pick him up," I said, grabbing her hand and pulling her through the crowd that was around Gerard. "Move it! Famous person coming through!" I said, making half the people step aside. When Mrs.Way saw Gerard, she ran toward him and knelt down by his side.

"Oh, Gerard! How could this happen?" she said as she wiped the tears from her eyes. I stood there, my thumbs hooked in my front loops, my legs spread a little bit, and the look of hatred against the world in my eyes.

Mrs. Way looked at me and her mouth dropped. "Oh my word! You look so much like ..." but stopped. "No, nevermind." She shook her head and looked back at Gerard. I shrugged and sat on a near-by curb and started to sing Smashing Pumpkins. Mrs.Way once again looked at me. "That's his favorite song. I didn't think someone like you would like Smashing Pumpkins," she said as I looked up at her.

"Yeah. They were my first concert," I said as me and Mrs.Way heard a moan and turned toward Gerard. He was moving. I immediately stood up and ran over to him. "Gerard, you there, man?" I said moving the hair from his eyes.

"Stop yelling," he mumbled. "My head hurts." I smiled and his mom almost started crying again. The ambulance finally arrived and took him to the hospital.

"How does he feel about needles?" I asked his mom.

"He hates him. He swore he'd never get a tattoo even if his life depended on it," she said standing up. My eyes widened and I jumped into the back of the ambulance. The guys in the back looked at me and back at Gerard whose eyes were open. He looked at me and smiled weakly.

"Thanks, dude. I owe you one," he said as he lifted his head a bit to get a better look at me.

"Don't worry about it," I said as I smiled. His smile went away when he saw a bit of silver in the corner of his eye.

"Fuck no! FUCK ... NO!" he screamed as he tried to get away from the needle in which the nurse guy was trying to stick him with.

"Guys, make sure he's anesthethized before you do anything. Him and needles .... yeah .. not the best of friends," I said as I looked at the nurse.

"Well, we won't be able to do that until we get to the hospital so he'll have to deal with it now," the nurse said bringing the needle close to Gerard's arm. Gerard's eyes widened and he leaped off the table and tried to get out the back.

"Let me out! Damn it! Let me out!" he screamed. I walked over to him and stuck my hand out. "Mikey, you're not leaving me are you?

-Gerard's POV-

"Gerard, I'm not going anywhere. Trust me," he said as I looked at him.

I heard those words again and I gulped. I felt tears going down my face as I smiled. I grabbed his hand and he pulled something out and the doors fell off the moving vehicle.

"Ready, dude?" he said. I remember when we'd get together with some friends and jump out the back of trucks and all that.

I took a deep breath and looked at Mikey. "Let's do it," I said as we heard the nurse yelling into a radio. We laughed and jumped out the back.