I Miss the Light in Your Eyes

Chapter 28

We got to my house and we walked in. My mom stared at us. I looked away and didn't bother to say anything to her. Frank and I walked up the stairs and into my room. "Frank ..." I said, so low I didn't think he could here me.

"Yeah?" Frank said, calmly and gently. He sat next to me and rubbed his hand on my back.

"I'm scared ..." I said, looking at him with tear filled eyes. He sighed and wrapped his arms around me. I brought my hands closer and leaned into him a bit more.

"Don't worry, Gee. Everything is going to be fine. Trust me," Frank said, resting his head on my head.

-Mrs.Way's POV-

I walked upstairs and toward Gerard's room. I stopped when I heard him tell Frank he was scared. I felt tears in my eyes. Could I have been the reason he's been going through so much pain? I sighed and walked back downstairs. I didn't want to make them feel uncomfortable. I mean, it's not like they were going to do anything ... sexual.

-Frank's POV-

I felt like I was going to cry at any moment. I pulled Gerard closer and, singing softly, said, "And I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken. I just want you to know who I am.And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming. Or the moment of truth in your lies. When everything feels like the movies. And you bleed just to know you're alive.." He looked up at me with a look that said 'I love you..' We stood up and our lips met.

"Frank," he said as we parted. "I don't want to lose you." He looked away and I smiled.

"You won't, Gerard," I said, lifting his face up, staring in his eyes. "You can count on it." He smiled back and yawned. I looked at the clock and it was almost nine thirty. "Hey, I'm gonna get home. My parents are probably thinking I'm dead or something," I said, laughng a little. Gerard nodded and sighed.

"I'll see you on Monday then," he said, turning around. I crossed my arms and shifted my weight.

"Alright, but until I feel those lips on these lips, I ain't going anywhere," I said, in a somewhat cocky tone. Gerard laughed, turned to face me, and walked over to me. He pressed his lips against mine. Right then I pushed him on the bed and got on top of him, deepening the kiss.

"Oh, Gerard--" we heard his mom say.

-Gerard's POV-
We immediately broke apart and Frank ran out of the room and downstairs. I flinched when I heard the door slam. I looked away and got up off the bed. I grabbed a new drawing pad from the stack on the side of my desk and opened it. "Gerard, honey. I'm sorry. I know you probably don't want to hear this but.. I understand. I didn't want to believe what I saw the other day .. but I had to. And I want to let you know ... if that's the path you want to live your life .. then I guess I can't stop you," she said as I stopped drawing. I heard her walk out and I stood up.

"Mom, wait," I said, running after her. "I'm sorry, too. I should have told you. But you were so caught up about me ever having a girlfriend that I didn't know how to tell you. I was .. scared .. that you would kick me out or ... kill me or something. I just had all these different thoughts," I said, tears filling the corners of my eyes. My mom walked up to me and embraced me in a hug.

"Don't ever think that, Gerard. I love you. You're my son. I could never do that you. No matter what gender you like," my mom said soothingly.

I sighed and looked up at her. "Can we get a puppy?" I asked as I smiled. She laughed and smacked my head lightly.

----
Sorry so short. More will come if you comment. =]