I Miss the Light in Your Eyes

Chapter 4

-Gerard's POV-

...the knob slowly began to turn more. 'Please don't be a dean. Please, oh, please don't be a dean!' I thought as I clinged more to Frank. Frank wrapped his arms around me. I could feel him shaking immensly. The door flung open slowly and I saw that it was Bert, the football star. Frank and I looked at him, scared and very embarrassed. 'Great. Now the whole school is going to think I'm gay .. wait .. I am .. but still. It's no one's business. I thought to myself.

"You guys alright? I saw you two run in here when I came around the corner," Bert said as we walked out, still shaking a bit.

"We're fine, Bert. Just a bit nervous," I said as I dusted myself off and helped Frank out a bit.

"Well, that's a good sign," he said as he stood behind me and dusted off my mid-back. He looked at Frank and smiled. "You the new kid?" he asked him. Frank nodded and straightened his jacket and fixed his hair. "What's your name, dude?" he asked.

"Frank Iero. Or Frankie. Whatever," Frank said as he pulled up his jacket sleeves up, revealing the tattoo sleeve on his left arm. My eyes widened and Bert let out a low whistle. "What?" Frank said, looking at the both of us then at his arm. "Oh, that? Nothing big I guess. I won't get in trouble for it will I?" he asked scratching his neck.

"Probably not. I mean There's girls around here who have their legs covered," Bert said as he heard a dean and the principal coming. "Oh shit. It's Quinn and Humphrey. In the closet!" Bert said as he opened the door and we all went in. Frank closed the door slowly and quietly and stood there listening to the footsteps and voices as they got closer.

"Yeah, I hear there's a new kid. From that younger bus driver," I heard Mr.Humphrey, the principal, say.

"I think he said it was his younger cousin. Frank? Yeah. Frank was the name," Mr.Quinn said.

"I'd like to meet this Frank person. But if he's like the Way brothers, I'm going to die," Mr.Humphrey said, sounding a bit hesitated.

"Who are the Way brothers?" Frank whispered to me and Bert.

"Me and my little brother Mikey. He refers to us as 'trouble makers' due to the fact that we toilet papered the school and then spray painted 'you suck' on the side of his truck," I whispered back. Bert was on the edge of breaking out laughing and I placed both my hands around his mouth and he slowly calmed down.

"That was you two?" he whispered, a big grin from ear to ear on his face.

"Yeah, why do you think we were gone from school for a week?" I said as I looked at him with an amused face. We stopped talking when the knob started turning. Me and Bert clinged to each other as Frank backed up into us. When it was almost opened, me and Bert looked at each other, gulped and ....