I Miss the Light in Your Eyes

Chapter 6

-Gerard's POV-

I head downstairs because I knew that Mikey always got his bass on Wednesday's. I got downstairs and looked at my room. I froze and I could feel the anger forming inside me. I whirled around to face the bottom of the stairs. I could see the sun reflecting off his glasses a little bit. I reached in and grabbed him by his shirt collar. "What the fuck did you do?! I spent three days cleaning this whole room and you destroyed half of it!" I yelled at him. I could see the fear in his eyes so strong that he looked like he was about to cry.

Mikey broke free from my grip and ran upstairs. I stared at him until he was out of sight. I turned back around and looked at my room. I walked over to it and started cleaning it .. again. "Damn brother. First, Frank pisses me off and now this?" I mumbled as I saw Mikey's bass on top of my bed. I put it on the steps and walked back over to my room and began the official cleaning.

-Bert's POV-

I leaned against the wall and slid down. I rubbed the back of my neck and looked around. The halls were a creepy silent and the school looked abandoned. There was absolutely no sound coming from anywhere. I sat there, listening for a moment. I then heard someone sniffling. I turned toward the direction it came from and I saw a shoe in the far corner.

I stood back up and walked over to see it was Frank. "Frank, dude, you alright, man?" I ask as I kneel down in front of him. I saw something in his pocket and reached for it. As I pulled it out, my eyes widened. "Frank..."

"Look, you wouldn't understand," he said as I looked at his arm, covered with about two or three towels, almost drenced with blood.

"Look," I said pulling off my varsity jacket and showing him my arms. "Of course I understand. I know what you're going through. When you know you've lost someone close and you want them to forgive you. I lost my dad when I was fourteen. That's how long I've been doing this," I said as I sat next to him.

Frank just looked at me, astonished and surprised. "Bet you weren't expecting the big football star of B-Ville high to be a cutter now were you?" I asked him, cleaning off the knife before handing it back to him.

"No, not really," he said as he took it and stuck it back in his pocket. "I just wish I wasn't so jealous most of the time. That's what happened when I saw Gerard kiss you. I really, really like Gerard so much that it's hard to explain." He let out a sigh and I stared at the floor for a moment.

"We're all jealous of something. My mom found a new guy and I just can't get used to the fact that he's going to be my new dad. My biological dad was perfectly fine." I closed my eyes as tears flew down. Frank moved closer and wrapped his arms around my neck. We both sat there silently ... letting the silence take us over.

-Mikey's POV-

I got to my room and opened the door. After I slammed it shut, I fell to my bed and let free all the hurt and fear I had in me. Gerard knows me. He knows that I will clean up a mess ten minutes after I finish something else. I guess someone pissed him off at school. "Damn it!" I screamed as I pulled the pillow closer. I've never felt so much pain in my life. I jumped when there was a knock on the door.

"Mikey, sweetie, you okay?" I heard someone say. It was mom.

"Yeah, mom. I'm fine," I lied. I never lied to my mom, but since I don't want Gerard getting in trouble, I had to.

"You sure?" she asked calmly.

"Yeah. Can I please have some time alone?" I asked, trying not to sound like I was crying.

"Okay, sweetie. If you want anything to eat, I'll be downstairs," she said as I yawned.

"Okay, mom. I'll be down later," I said as I drifted off to sleep.

-Narrator's POV-

Gerard was still mad at Mikey for the destruction of his room. He put everything where it should have been in the first place. When Gerard's bed was completely cleared off, he fell upon it. He had so much anger in him that he began to cry, wondering if yelling at Mikey was the best thing.

Mikey sat there, he woke up instantly after he fell asleep. He didn't want Gerard to be mad him. But he was. Mikey sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. After staring at the ceiling for about ten minutes, Mikey goes downstairs and talks to his mom about school and all that.

Bert and Frank still embraced each other, hurting emotionally and physically. They were more alike then they both knew. Frank got up and threw the knife in the garbage. He helped Bert up and they walked out and headed to Starbucks. It seemed to be a hard day for both of them.

_::_
)__(

Comments? Suggestions? Please?