I Miss the Light in Your Eyes

Chapter 7

Gerard went upstairs and took a deep breath before opening his door. He reached for the knob and the door flew open. Mikey stood there, looking at his other brother with a tear-stained face. "I just came to get my bass," Mikey said as Gerard let him through and went to the front door. Gerard grabbed his jacket and left.

-Mikey's POV-

"Damn it!" I said as I walked back upstairs with my bass. My mom was in the kitchen and she looked at me. "What?" I said innocently.

"What was all that about?" she asked

"What was what all about?" I asked back, sounding a bit confused about it.

"Normally you and Gerard are talking about plans for the weekend but you guys didn't say a word to each other. Is something going on between you two?"

"Well.."

-Gerard's POV-

I walked down the sidewalk, making my way to the school. It had rained and the streets had puddles in some spots. I looked into one of the puddles. "Damn it!" I said picking up a rock and throwing it at the puddle. I backed up and shoved my fists in my pockets. I started to run for the school, sick of who I was. I rounded the corner and saw this man standing behind a table with all these coins.

"Young man, would you be interested in having one of these lucky coins? Always good for one wish," the man said. I walked over to him and looked at them. No two were the same. In the corner of my eye, I saw one with a skull and crossbones on it. I looked at it and picked it up. "Ahh, the poison coin. Can be wished on but reversable once," he said, smiling.

"I never really believed in stuff like this. I just really took everything the way it was," I said, looking at the man with anger and regret in my eyes.

"You seem tense. May I ask what's wrong?" he said, sitting down.

"In a short story, did the wrong thing and now my best friend hates me. I think the most popular kid in school likes me. And my brother destoryed my room and I had to cleam it up again," I said, letting out a yawn. The man nodded.

"I guess life isn't always easy for kids nowadays," he said.

"Got that right. Hey, you think I can take this one? I like the design on it. It's always been my obsession. Things that represent death," I said as I held up the coin between two fingers.

"Yeah. Go ahead and take it. Just remember, if you do make a wish, don't wish for anything stupid."

"Trust me. Stupidity is retarded," I said as I put my fists in my pockets and started running for the school again.

-Mikey's POV-

"He what?!" my mom screamed. I flinched.

'Damn. I really shouldn't have said anything,' I thought. "Mom, it's really not that bad. I guess he just had a bad day. Don't worry about it," I said as I slowly started backing up.

"Michael James Way! This is a horrible thing not to worry about!" my mom said, anger and fury in her eyes.

"Uhh, mom. I'm going to go upstairs. I don't know if I finished all my homework from yesterday. I'll talk to you later, okay?" I said running from the kitchen to my room in record time.

I slammed the door shut as soon as I got there, then immediately locked it. "I really got to stop telling her everything. Gerard would get killed if I don't," I said as I opened the bass case. There was a note inside.